Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Train Your Iguana
It's important to mention some training here. That's because you'll want to be able to bring your iguana home to a nice, ready home and allow him to get acclimated to the area. There are many things you'll want to take into consideration when it comes to training your iguana. First, realize that your iguana needs time to get adjusted to his home. It may take some time!
Allow your iguana to visit his hiding place without being bothered or pulled out of it. In addition, when you do pick him up and take him out of his habitat, watch for signs of stress. If he doesn't like what you are doing, he's stressed and he fears for his life. Place him near his hiding place and leave him alone.
The process of taming your iguana will take time and patience. Use smaller sessions at first to get them used to you. One way to help provide the right level of care to your iguana is to allow him to watch you. Start out by watching him watch you from a distance and for a short amount of time. Then, add onto this slowly until you are sitting near him and watching him.
After he's used to watching you, you can begin working with touching him. Don't pick him up yet! He's not ready for that. But, put your hand close enough to him. Don't touch his head or his tail. Touch for a second and then move away. Little by little, you'll be able to increase how long you can touch him. Don't push it because if he doesn't like being petted, it will take a lot of work to get him to allow it again.
Once your pet begins to allow you to pet him, including his head, you can begin to see that he's comfortable with you. It's advisable not to actually pick up your iguana for some time. He's just going to take a while to adjust to you. Once you've gotten to the point where he doesn't seem bothered at all by your petting, you can consider it. Never grab his tail! The tail can actually break off in order for them to escape.
By petting its underbelly, it may rise up and want to be petted there more so. When that happens, you'll be able to slowly pick him up. But, for these first few times, pick him up slowly and then put him back down. By doing this it will help to make the process easier and keep your iguana happier, longer. With lots of practice, you'll be able to pick him up for longer periods of time.
There is much to do to take care of your iguana, but you'll also want to learn how to keep it healthy. There are several things you'll need to do to provide for your iguana's health.
First, you'll always have to maintain the level of cleanliness with your iguana. Anything that can make you ill can do serious damage to your iguana. Therefore, the feeding bowls and anything that is used with your pet should be kept clean and sanitary. That goes for his food and water bowls, which should be washed every day. If you see that there are feces or waste in his habitat, clean it up. You'll want to do this daily, too. Don't wait!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesAre You Ready for an Iguana Pet
People think that iguanas make cool pets; they may be right. Some may have the misconception that iguanas are low-maintenance pets; they would be wrong. (more)Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
An iguana though robust and aggressive in nature needs a lot of care than most of the pet animals. Most people who got their pet iguanas for the first time do not know what to do about them or do not have the knowledge on how to properly care for them. (more)Related Articles
- Different Types of Iguanas
- Some Facts about Desert Iguana
- Proper Nutrition For Your Iguana
- Information about the Red Iguanas
- About Iguana Food
- Information about the Male Iguana
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- How To Clean Iguana Habitat
- The Different Kind of Lighting to an Iguana Home
- The Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana
- The Information on Iguanas
- Pictures Of Iguanas
- The Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- What is the Marine Iguana
- How to Heat Your Iguana Habitat
- The Facts about Iguanas
- The Iguanas Lizards Photos
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
- Other Lighting Options For Iguanas
- Facts about the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- The Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
- The Myths about Green Iguana
- Basic of Iguana Care
- Building an Iguana Enclosure
- How Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
- Setting Up Your Iguana Habitats
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- The Facts about the Red Iguanas
- The Temperature in Iguana Home
- Why an Iguana Needs Lighting
- The Facts about Desert Iguana
- How to Feed Albino Iguana
Now that you know how to spot a healthy iguana and you have already spotted a healthy one, you leave the store with a smile on your face. It will not be an easy job to raise your newly bought iguana, but it is sure worth a try. (more)Interesting Facts about Baby Iguanas
Aside from the invariable claws and long fingers possessed by the baby green iguanas, they also have a lot of proficient and admirable adaptations with them. The baby green iguanas are keen in terms of their .. (more)The Basic Of Iguana Care
Some people are put off by the fact that iguana care can be very hard work. However, if you know the basics of food and shelter for iguanas, then iguana care can actually be quite easy. (more)Mercury Vapors For Iguanas
When using mercury vapor lamps, you'll want to really pay attention to how you use them. Follow the directions provided for their use carefully. Providing enough heat and light to your iguana should be your main goal. (more)Why Iguanas Like to Climb
Any habitat is not complete without some excellent climbing and basking areas for your iguana. He will want to move around and have something to do. (more)
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- The Floor Coverings For Iguanas
- Train Your Cat with the Toilet
- Training Cockatiels
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Labrador Puppy Training
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- How You Can Build an Iguana Habitat
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Different Facts about Iguanas
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- The Tips and Tricks in Building Iguana Cage
- What Is a Rhinoceros Iguana
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time