Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Setting Up Your Iguana Home
Once you've selected the materials for your habitat, the next thing you'll need to pay attention to is that of venting it. Ventilation is important for any living animal, as you can imagine. If you place it in the right location, you are sure to keep your heat and humidity in, and allow for good air circulation at the same time.
When venting your habitat, don't place large vents at the top of your habitat because this will allow for too much heat to escape. You also don't want to have large areas of venting because this causes drafts which also make it harder to maintain the right heat within the habitat. Even still, you need to maintain the humidity and heat without having to have your home at these extreme temperatures. Venting locations can be placed in a number of locations. In fact, you should place several in specific areas for optimal ventilation for your iguana.
First, place a small one near the top. You don't want to allow a lot of heat to escape, but some venting in this area is important nevertheless. Next, you'll want another one located under the main basking area within the habitat. Remember, this is going to be the location in which your iguana can rest and just bask in the heat.
For the largest ventilation area, head towards the bottom. You really want to keep it near the bottom to allow minimal heat loss but to provide a good amount of ventilation at this point. The reason for this positioning is simple.
Heat rises. Depending on where exactly your place your heating source, you'll want the air to be pulled upward as it naturally will. Then, it can go out towards the first vent which is located under your basking point, or go up and out the top. Without the top vent there, you'll have a pocket of heated air that can become stagnate.
Getting your ventilation is the next step. One of the best ways to do this is to use a vent that is made for venting. Use heating vent covers, for example. This way, you can adjust the amount of ventilation that you want. You can put in more vents then you need and then adjust them later. When you buy these, insure that the edges are kept rounded as not to harm the iguana.
You can also vent your habitat with other, simpler means. For example, you can drill holes the size of no more than 3/4 of an inch in diameter through the areas that you will position. Or, cut out an area and attach hardware cloth over the top of it.
You can make your vents any way that you want to. The goal is to provide you with the most flexibility when it comes to venting the habitat. Remember, putting more into the design and construction is fine as long as you have a way to close or open them as needed.
One final note, make sure that however you install the vents to do so in such a way as a climbing iguana won't be able to actually open or close the vent.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesLighting an Iguana Home
The lighting plays an important role in the care of your pet. You'll need to carefully monitor the amount of light he gets. The different kind of lighting to an iguana home. (more)The Temperature in Your Iguana Home
Along with the light and the heat of the iguana's needs, he also requires a high level of humidity. Humidity is necessary because it keeps the iguana from dehydrating. (more)Related Articles
- The Facts about the Red Iguanas
- How to Train Your Iguana
- Healthy Iguana
- Basic of Iguana Care
- Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana
- The Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- The Types of Iguana Nests
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Housing and Feeding Iguanas - Iguana Pet
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
- How to Clean Your Iguana Habitat
- Some Facts about Desert Iguana
- The Facts about Desert Iguana
- How To Heat Iguana Habitat
- The Significant Insights about the Iguana
- The Information about the Male Iguana
- The Iguanas Lizards Photos
- The Things that Taught You by Iguana Photos
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- How to Feed Albino Iguana
- Iguana Facts - The Facts about Iguanas
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- Different Types of Iguanas
- Facts about the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- What is the Marine Iguana
- How Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
- Why Iguanas Like to Climb
- Myths about Green Iguana
- How to Feed Your Iguana
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- Lighting Options For Iguanas
- The Healthy Giant Iguana
- The Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- How to Plan Your Iguana Habitat
Feeding an iguana has a lot of issues involved and a good iguana owner should learn as much as possible about these issues. Here is a guide to help you with some of the issues surrounding iguana food. (more)Building an Iguana Enclosure
During the break of day, an iguana put itself into the sunlight to take some warmth in sun's light. So, to be able to provide these needs you can build an enclosure for your iguana. (more)Facts about Iguanas
Common species like the red iguana and green iguana are still in great numbers but species like Fiji Island iguana and Brachylophus vitiensis are becoming endangered. (more)Setting Up Iguana Habitats
For most, it is also important to take your iguana out of the habitat every now and then. These things must be thought about when creating a habitat for your iguana. (more)The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
If you love these activities then Puerto Vallarta is the best place to stay! Because Puerto Vallarta is a place that is close to nature, the Puerto Vallarta iguanas thrive in it. They can be seen thriving close to streams and rivers. (more)
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- How Exotic Pets Can Adopt to Your Home
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Organic Pest Control - Pest Control in Your Home
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- Make a Perfect Home for Your Exotic Animal
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- The Information on Iguanas
- Easing the Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Health Is Also the Wealth of Your Pet Iguana
- Interesting Facts about Baby Iguanas
- Green Iguana Care
- How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- The Tips and Tricks in Building Iguana Cage
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- Pictures Of Iguanas