Other Lighting Options For Iguanas
There are other options that you can take advantage of. For example, if you visit your heat supply stores, you'll find a number of excellent supplies which may include heat panels, heat tape and even pig blankets. If you decide to go with other sources of heat for night time heat, make sure that you realize that the unit will need to be turned on all night long and that it will be running unattended during that time.
If the option is a safe source of heat for this period of time, and the animal can't be hurt by touching it, then it could be a good choice.
A word of warning, though about heating sources. Don't use heating pads that are designed for people. These heating pads may work but they are also a severe fire hazard for your home when left unattended. You should instead consider using other methods.
Another mistake to avoid is the use of hot rocks. You may even find these in your pet store, but avoid them. They are just too easily designed to burn your pet. Unfortunately, they just are not reliable and can easily burn your iguana with just a touch of his foot.
Just as important as heating, the right lighting is necessary to keep your pet healthy and happy. In fact, if you don't give them enough light, they are likely to become ill, perish too early or they may become ill tempered and unfriendly to your touch.
We mentioned earlier the needs that the iguana has for UVA and UVB light. Each one plays a role in the health and well being of your pet. But, they don't have to be hard to provide to him. In fact, it can be pretty simple to give him what he needs.
The first type of lighting your iguana needs is that of UVA. This is the same type of light that you use. Your body uses UVA just the same. It makes us feel good and gives us a sense of well being. We need it to feel good and so does your iguana.
This is probably the easiest of the things to provide to your pet. All you need to do to provide UVA lighting to your iguana is leave the lights on. For example, UVA light can come from the room that you place your pet in. The standard lights that you use will provide the necessary light source to your iguana, too.
That's really all there is to providing UVA light. In fact, a well set up iguana habitat will take care of this for you simply by allowing you to see your iguana. This window or other visual tool that you use will let light in too, which is all that is required.
UVB light is more difficult to provide. But, if you plan to have an iguana, you have to have this type of lighting source, too. The fact is that you need to understand what UVB does for the iguana and also how to provide the right amount of it to your pet.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesLighting an Iguana Home
The lighting plays an important role in the care of your pet. You'll need to carefully monitor the amount of light he gets. The different kind of lighting to an iguana home. (more)How Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
In iguana's natural habitat, heat is necessary all day and most of the night. But, there is the need to drop the temperature on them at this point too. For iguana's lighting times are key. (more)Related Articles
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
- How to Feed Albino Iguana
- Facts about the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- Some Issues about Iguana Food
- The Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana
- The Things that Taught You by Iguana Photos
- The Pictures Of Iguanas
- Health Is Also the Wealth of Your Pet Iguana
- Iguanas Care - Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- Desert Iguanas - Facts about Desert Iguana
- Setting Up Your Iguana Habitats
- Setting Up Your Iguana Home
- Why Iguanas Like to Climb
- The Types of Iguana Nests
- Building an Iguana Enclosure
- The Different Types of Iguanas
- The Temperature in Iguana Home
- How to Clean Your Iguana Habitat
- How You Can Build an Iguana Habitat
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- How To Feed Iguana
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- What Is a Rhinoceros Iguana
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- How to Get Acquainted With the Green Iguanas
- Some Facts about Desert Iguana
- What is the Marine Iguana
- The Floor Coverings For Iguanas
- The Healthy Giant Iguana
- How to Train Your Iguana
- What You Need to Know about Iguanas Ecology
First off, your iguana will depend on the source of UVB that it gets to help it to synthesize Vitamin D. Without Vitamin D, they can't take in and use the calcium they get. (more)The Information on Iguanas
Having some basic information on iguana will make your decision whether to take one or not. Take note that having them as a pet is not because it is what your friends have. (more)Taking Care of a Green Iguana
Active in daytime, the young iguana is usually bright green in color, helping it to hide itself from predators in the green vegetation of the forest. With its quick movements and sharp eyesight, the green iguana .. (more)Interesting Facts about Baby Iguanas
Aside from the invariable claws and long fingers possessed by the baby green iguanas, they also have a lot of proficient and admirable adaptations with them. The baby green iguanas are keen in terms of their .. (more)Iguana as a Pet: Guide to Housing and Feeding Iguanas
Guide to Housing and Feeding Iguanas. The iguana has a reputation of being as an easy pet to take care of, which requires low costs and minimum treatment. Believing in this myth causes hundreds and even thousands of iguanas to die every year as a result of inadequate treatment. Taking care of an iguana may be less demanding than keeping a dog, but iguanas do require special feeding and housing conditions. (more)
- Mercury Vapors For Iguanas
- More Information about the Red Iguanas
- Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- The Facts about Iguanas
- Types of Iguana Habitats
- Basic of Iguana Care
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- How to Pick a Healthy Iguana
- Myths about Green Iguana
- Significant Insights about the Iguana
- Iguana Cages - Your Iguana Cage Guide
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- Facts about Iguanas
- How To Plan Iguana Habitat
- Iguanas Lizards Photos
- How To Heat Iguana Habitat
- The Facts about the Red Iguanas
- Tips and Tricks for Building Iguana Cage
- Information about the Male Iguana