Other Lighting Options For Iguanas
There are other options that you can take advantage of. For example, if you visit your heat supply stores, you'll find a number of excellent supplies which may include heat panels, heat tape and even pig blankets. If you decide to go with other sources of heat for night time heat, make sure that you realize that the unit will need to be turned on all night long and that it will be running unattended during that time.
If the option is a safe source of heat for this period of time, and the animal can't be hurt by touching it, then it could be a good choice.
A word of warning, though about heating sources. Don't use heating pads that are designed for people. These heating pads may work but they are also a severe fire hazard for your home when left unattended. You should instead consider using other methods.
Another mistake to avoid is the use of hot rocks. You may even find these in your pet store, but avoid them. They are just too easily designed to burn your pet. Unfortunately, they just are not reliable and can easily burn your iguana with just a touch of his foot.
Just as important as heating, the right lighting is necessary to keep your pet healthy and happy. In fact, if you don't give them enough light, they are likely to become ill, perish too early or they may become ill tempered and unfriendly to your touch.
We mentioned earlier the needs that the iguana has for UVA and UVB light. Each one plays a role in the health and well being of your pet. But, they don't have to be hard to provide to him. In fact, it can be pretty simple to give him what he needs.
The first type of lighting your iguana needs is that of UVA. This is the same type of light that you use. Your body uses UVA just the same. It makes us feel good and gives us a sense of well being. We need it to feel good and so does your iguana.
This is probably the easiest of the things to provide to your pet. All you need to do to provide UVA lighting to your iguana is leave the lights on. For example, UVA light can come from the room that you place your pet in. The standard lights that you use will provide the necessary light source to your iguana, too.
That's really all there is to providing UVA light. In fact, a well set up iguana habitat will take care of this for you simply by allowing you to see your iguana. This window or other visual tool that you use will let light in too, which is all that is required.
UVB light is more difficult to provide. But, if you plan to have an iguana, you have to have this type of lighting source, too. The fact is that you need to understand what UVB does for the iguana and also how to provide the right amount of it to your pet.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
In iguana's natural habitat, heat is necessary all day and most of the night. But, there is the need to drop the temperature on them at this point too. For iguana's lighting times are key. (more)Why an Iguana Needs Lighting
First off, your iguana will depend on the source of UVB that it gets to help it to synthesize Vitamin D. Without Vitamin D, they can't take in and use the calcium they get. (more)Related Articles
- The Facts about the Red Iguanas
- The Things that Taught You by Iguana Photos
- Facts about Iguanas
- Iguanas Lizards Photos
- Housing and Feeding Iguanas - Iguana Pet
- How To Feed Iguana
- Facts about the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- How to Train Your Iguana
- Facts about Desert Iguana
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- Healthy Giant Iguana
- Building an Iguana Enclosure
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Interesting Facts about Baby Iguanas
- Why Iguanas Like to Climb
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- How To Clean Iguana Habitat
- How To Heat Iguana Habitat
- How You Can Build an Iguana Habitat
- Iguana Cages - Your Iguana Cage Guide
- Get Acquainted with the Green Iguanas
- The Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- Setting Up Your Iguana Home
- The Information about the Male Iguana
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- The Significant Insights about the Iguana
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- Information about the Red Iguanas
- The Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- The Information on Iguanas
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- Proper Nutrition For Your Iguana
The lighting plays an important role in the care of your pet. You'll need to carefully monitor the amount of light he gets. The different kind of lighting to an iguana home. (more)The Floor Coverings For Iguanas
Now, when it comes to your habitat's flooring, take this consideration closely. You want to have something that is easy to replace or at least to clean. But, you don't want to have anything that your iguana can pick up with his tongue or even worse get wrapped around his toes. (more)How To Plan Iguana Habitat
Does it sound like there is a lot to plan on when it comes to your iguana habitat? There is, but remember that this is a one time thing. Once you have your iguana habitat built, if you've built one large enough, you won't have to worry about doing it again. (more)Myths about Green Iguana
People who own green iguanas often have certain misconceptions about them. These myths could interfere with a person's ability to take proper care of a green iguana. (more)The Temperature in Your Iguana Home
Along with the light and the heat of the iguana's needs, he also requires a high level of humidity. Humidity is necessary because it keeps the iguana from dehydrating. (more)
- The Different Types of Iguanas
- What Is a Rhinoceros Iguana
- The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
- Types of Iguana Nests
- Basic of Iguana Care
- Setting Up Iguana Habitats
- Tips and Tricks for Building Iguana Cage
- Health Is Also the Wealth of Your Pet Iguana
- Pictures Of Iguanas
- The Facts about Iguanas
- Taking Care of a Green Iguana
- Healthy Iguana
- Mercury Vapors For Iguanas
- What is the Marine Iguana
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- Some Issues about Iguana Food
- What You Need to Know about Iguanas Ecology
- Types of Iguana Habitats
- Desert Iguanas - Facts about Desert Iguana
- Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana