Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Feed Albino Iguana
Iguanas are sensitive creatures; most of them rely on their environment for survival. Having an Albino Iguana as your pet gives you the obligation to properly care for it and make sure that it survives under your captivity. One of the most crucial factors in an Albino Iguana's survival is food. So being the owner, you must appropriately feed it with the right food.
Iguanas are scientifically classified as herbivores so green leafy plants should not be in its main diet. Though some people still recommend on feeding iguanas with insects and other animal protein based food.
You may have seen iguanas eating insects on televisions and magazines but research studies shows that this thing occurs only by accident. Like for example, when an insect is on a piece of plant. An iguana slowly creeps over to eat it. Then leaf and insect are simultaneously consumed by the reptile.
Experts and veterinarians recommend more vegetables to be fed to your pet and lesser animal protein or insects. This will eventually lead to better physical health.
Albino iguanas also need water, so make sure to provide them with this. Iguanas usually dip their head on the water when drinking, so also make sure to have a tall glass that is full of fresh water. Sometimes they also lick off small water droplets from plants to quench their thirst.
Water should always be available for your iguana and make certain that they are fresh. Never feed your iguana with left over vegetables because this may cause disorders in its digestive system. It will then lead to sickness or even death.
It is highly recommended to feed your iguana every day and regularly. The ideal time for feeding your iguana is early in the morning usually an hour after it is awake. Succeeding feeding all through out the day can also be done but only in small quantity. Never feed your iguana immense amounts of food before sleeping time.
Feeding your Albino Iguana in the morning gives it time to properly digest food before sleeping. In addition, the morning temperature will give your iguana the right environment to properly digest its food.
The amount of food to be given literally depends on the size and bulkiness of your iguana. The main rule in here is to feed your iguana as long as it wants to. This kind of technique will allow you to note how much your iguana can take over one feeding.
Food for your Albino Iguana should be on a shallow bowl which should be made of ceramic, glass or plastic and should be regularly cleaned. The bowl to be used should be sturdy enough to hold your iguana and should not be tipped easily.
Variety of food is also important to make your iguana feel healthy and at home. Iguanas are known to eat a large variety of fruits and flowers in the wild so it is a good idea to also feed them this way while they are in your captivity.
Aside from proper food your iguana should also have the proper lighting and sunshine. Iguanas usually get calcium from the sun rays to help them properly digest their food.
So if you want your Albino Iguana to stay healthy and have a longer life span feed them with the right amount of food and the right kind of food.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow To Feed Iguana
There are many aspects of caring for your iguana that you still need to take into consideration, even after building your habitat. Let's break them down here. You should feed your iguana daily. (more)Iguana as a Pet: Guide to Housing and Feeding Iguanas
Guide to Housing and Feeding Iguanas. The iguana has a reputation of being as an easy pet to take care of, which requires low costs and minimum treatment. Believing in this myth causes hundreds and even thousands of iguanas to die every year as a result of inadequate treatment. Taking care of an iguana may be less demanding than keeping a dog, but iguanas do require special feeding and housing conditions. (more)Related Articles
- Building an Iguana Enclosure
- Tips and Tricks for Building Iguana Cage
- Different Types of Iguanas
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- Different Types of Iguana Habitats
- The Iguanas Lizards Photos
- Setting Up Your Iguana Home
- Iguanas Care - Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
- Information about the Red Iguanas
- Lighting Options For Iguanas
- The Things that Taught You by Iguana Photos
- How to Plan Your Iguana Habitat
- Build an Iguana Habitat
- How to Get Acquainted With the Green Iguanas
- Desert Iguanas - Facts about Desert Iguana
- Why an Iguana Needs Lighting
- Facts about Desert Iguana
- The Myths about Green Iguana
- Interesting Facts about Baby Iguanas
- What You Need to Know about Iguanas Ecology
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Iguana Facts - The Facts about Iguanas
- How To Clean Iguana Habitat
- How Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
- The Information about the Male Iguana
- The Floor Coverings For Iguanas
- Why Iguanas Like to Climb
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- Green Iguana Care
- Facts about the Red Iguanas
- Setting Up Your Iguana Habitats
Along with the light and the heat of the iguana's needs, he also requires a high level of humidity. Humidity is necessary because it keeps the iguana from dehydrating. (more)Types of Iguana Nests
There are the pros and cons too of having iguana nests and breeding the reptiles. For one, the breeding of the iguanas is such a wonderful thing to enjoy and experience. The mother iguana tries its best .. (more)How to Care for Pet Iguanas
Iguanas are the most popular lizards that are taken home to be pets. They rank to be among today's pet "fads". They are even sold in the most affordable prices in several pet stores. (more)Healthy Giant Iguana
If you base on the word giant, you are probably thinking that these iguanas will appear so. Many would-be iguana owners will be surprised at the size that these reptiles can turn into in its adult years. (more)Iguana Cages - Your Iguana Cage Guide
Iguana Cages - Your Iguana Cage Guide (more)
- Significant Insights about the Iguana
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- What is the Marine Iguana
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana
- Pictures Of Iguanas
- Basic of Iguana Care
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- About the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- Train an Iguana Pet
- How to Pick a Healthy Iguana
- Some Issues about Iguana Food
- The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
- Lighting an Iguana Home
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Mercury Vapors For Iguanas
- Health Is Also the Wealth of Your Pet Iguana
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- How to Heat Your Iguana Habitat