Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
The Healthy Giant Iguana
Giant green iguanas are the "in" thing now. This is one of the most popular reptiles that is being held captive and is taken care of in most households. So you should not be surprised if your child asks for one instead of the usual cats or dogs.
If you base on the word "giant", you are probably thinking that these iguanas will appear so. Many would-be iguana owners will be surprised at the size that these reptiles can turn into in its adult years. You may have brought a little pet in the store along with cute accessories only to realize later on that those things would not fit your pet anymore.
These are what giant green iguanas can turn to. They may look small initially but they can grow their maximum size if you know how to do it properly. Now, how do you do that?
You can start off by choosing the healthiest iguana you can find. You will see this if the iguana seems active and alert. Check out their body and body parts. They should be round and without any signs of scratches, bumps or lumps.
The difference between healthy and a not-so-healthy iguana can be seen by their movements. A healthy one does not sit around and remain stagnant in one place. You will find them moving around in their cages as if curious with what is happening around them. Their eyes would appear round. Their tongue should also flick in and out while moving about.
You should not make the mistake of selecting one that appears to be calm in thinking that they can easily be taken care of. Another mistake is choosing one that appears sickly because you pity the reptile. These are sure signs that the iguana is not really healthy after all. You might end up regretting your decision later on.
The next step is giving it a suitable and comfortable home. The aquarium that you need to buy will depend upon how small or grown up your pet is already. Smaller iguanas require 10 to 29 galloon aquariums.
The best thing to do is have a custom-made cage built. It will prevent you from shifting to one cage after another once the iguana starts growing. It does not matter if you think that the cage is too large for your pet. Eventually, it will grow bigger and will need more room to move around.
The kind of diet that you give your iguana will determine how healthy or unhealthy it will be. Iguanas in their juvenile years should be fed everyday. While those in their older years can be fed after every two days.
Even if iguanas are carnivorous, the best foods to give them are green leafy vegetables. These will ensure that they maintain a healthy and balanced diet. You should do well in maintaining the kind of diet you will give your pet so that it will not turn out fat, obese and lazy.
Female iguanas have the tendency not to eat the food you give them. This may be because they are in their egg development stage. Once this stage has passed, they will get their appetite back. Just be patient in free feeding them so they will become thin and unenergetic.
Having a healthy iguana is just a matter of taking the necessary steps. If you want your giant green iguana to live for years to come, you will take time to consider every aspect needed in their growth.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Pick a Healthy Iguana
Now that you know how to spot a healthy iguana and you have already spotted a healthy one, you leave the store with a smile on your face. It will not be an easy job to raise your newly bought iguana, but it is sure worth a try. (more)The Puerto Vallarta Iguanas
If you love these activities then Puerto Vallarta is the best place to stay! Because Puerto Vallarta is a place that is close to nature, the Puerto Vallarta iguanas thrive in it. They can be seen thriving close to streams and rivers. (more)Related Articles
- The Different Types of Iguanas
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- The Tips on Getting the Cage for Iguana
- Why Iguanas Like to Climb
- Iguana as a Pet: Guide to Housing and Feeding Iguanas
- About the Rhinoceros Iguanas
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- The Myths about Green Iguana
- Setting Up Iguana Home
- Why an Iguana Needs Lighting
- Tips and Tricks for Building Iguana Cage
- Interesting Facts about Iguanas
- What is the Marine Iguana
- How To Clean Iguana Habitat
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- How to Feed Albino Iguana
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Green Iguana Care
- About Iguana Food
- Information about the Red Iguanas
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- The Iguanas Lizards Photos
- What Is a Rhinoceros Iguana
- How to Plan Your Iguana Habitat
- How to Heat Your Iguana Habitat
- Information about the Male Iguana
- Different Types of Iguana Habitats
- The Temperature in Your Iguana Home
- The Information on Iguanas
- Iguana Cages - Your Iguana Cage Guide
- How You Can Build an Iguana Habitat
- Where to Find Information about Iguanas and Lizards
Aside from the invariable claws and long fingers possessed by the baby green iguanas, they also have a lot of proficient and admirable adaptations with them. The baby green iguanas are keen in terms of their .. (more)Building an Iguana Enclosure
During the break of day, an iguana put itself into the sunlight to take some warmth in sun's light. So, to be able to provide these needs you can build an enclosure for your iguana. (more)Proper Nutrition For Your Iguana
Reptiles are of different kinds. Iguanas are just one of those that belong to the largest species of lard family. Iguanas are commonly seen in tropical rain forests, hot deserts and semi-aquatic places. (more)Other Lighting Options For Iguanas
The first type of lighting your iguana needs is that of UVA. This is the same type of light that you use. Your body uses UVA just the same. (more)The Types of Iguana Nests
There are the pros and cons too of having iguana nests and breeding the reptiles. For one, the breeding of the iguanas is such a wonderful thing to enjoy and experience. The mother iguana tries its best .. (more)
- Significant Insights about the Iguana
- How to Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Top Tips on How to Keep Your Bird Healthy
- Iguana Facts - The Facts about Iguanas
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- Facts about Desert Iguana
- How Iguana Can Bask in the Sunlight
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- Setting Up Your Iguana Habitats
- Get Acquainted with the Green Iguanas
- Iguanas Mercury Vapors
- The Facts about the Red Iguanas
- Lighting an Iguana Home
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- Facts about Iguanas
- Pictures Of Iguanas
- Iguana Care
- Health Is Also the Wealth of Your Pet Iguana
- Keep Your Cat Healthy - Have a Healthy Cat
- Desert Iguanas - Facts about Desert Iguana