Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
While many pet insurance companies will insure an animal between the ages of 8 weeks and 8 years, there are tailor-made policies available to fit older animals.
Why insure a pet at all? One good reason is technology. Some surgeries and procedures performed on animals now were unheard of five or six years ago, such as radiation treatment, ultrasounds, heart surgery and organ transplants. While this is exciting news, it's also extremely expensive. Many pet owners cannot afford an unexpected medical bill in the range of thousands of dollars. Oftentimes this type of medical need will arise unexpectedly, and just like humans, emergency treatment is more costly than going to a regular doctor through a scheduled appointment.
With pet insurance, you pay a monthly premium and varying copays and deductibles, depending on the company you choose. This can be more affordable than unexpectedly having a bill coming to $3,500 plopped in your lap.
Another good reason to have insurance in place for a pet is that pets are living longer than they used to. Vaccinations against fatal diseases are much more common, certain medicines like antibiotics are more affordable and leash laws and vigilant animal control agencies have all contributed to this. While this is fantastic for pet owners, that these beloved members of their homes will be around longer, the expense of an older animal can be more than some people can handle.
Older animals are more inclined to various illnesses like obesity, arthritis, cataracts and numerous other ailments, much the same as humans. Pet insurance can really be the saving grace for owners that have to deal with these problems. Pet insurance in general can alleviate the cost of major treatments, routine care, hospitalizations, euthanasia and blood tests.
There are certain things it will not cover; holistic treatment and genetic testing to name a couple possibilities. An online search for pet insurance will yield numerous options for those interested in this service. Many of these companies do offer Older Pet policies, if you didn't already have insurance in place for your pets when they were younger. The premiums and/or deductibles may be higher.
There are numerous pet insurance companies available for your comparison. Even though an estimated less than 5% of pet owners carry insurance, this number has been steadily growing for about the last half dozen years. Depending on your needs and that of your pet, it might be time to hop on the bandwagon.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGet Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
Pet owners purchased pet health insurance coverage for a few various reasons. The main reason people purchase pet health insurance coverage is to pay for unanticipated and extremely expensive veterinary bills. (more)How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
Pet health insurance coverage does not typically cover latent hereditary conditions. Some pet insurance companies will also cover the cost boarding your pet at an area kennel or veterinary infirmary. (more)Related Articles
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- Pets Eye Health Insurance
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- USA Pet Health Insurance
- Florida Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- Insurance for Your Pets
- ACK Health Insurance Problems
- United States and Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Pet Health Insurance For Cheap
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Get Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- All about Pets Health Insurance
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Insurance for Your Pet Rabbit
Pet owners purchased pet health insurance coverage for a few various reasons. The main reason people purchase pet health insurance coverage is to pay for unanticipated and extremely expensive veterinary bills. (more)Tips on How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
After all, the insurance should be specific to the pet, and cover the sort of problems that pet is likely to develop as they age, or suffer as the result of an accident or mishap. Pet owners should talk with their vets about .. (more)Pet Insurance
The main reason for considering pet insurance is cover for medical treatment, but there are some exclusions that you need to be aware of. (more)Animal Health Insurance In America
Pet health insurance companies are hoping that someday pet owners in the United States will catch up with European pet owners. A recent poll taken of American pet owners suggested that approximately three percent of American pet owners had purchased pet health insurance for their family pet. (more)Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
You might not think you can afford pet health insurance at the moment but don't walk away from an offer, not yet. Looking at a policy does not mean that you have to walk away from it. If you are a clever bargain shopper there are ways to find pet health insurance at a low cost. (more)
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- Read More about Pet Health Insurance
- Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Horse Insurance - What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Horse Insurance Options
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Insurance for VIP Pets
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Health Insurance for Ferrets
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- Online Guide to Pet Health Insurance
- The Floor Coverings For Iguanas
- Get Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes