Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Keeping Rodents as Pets
Rodents make good pets. Not only are they small and easy to manage, they are also fun to watch and are typically hassle-free. While some people associate rodents with dark, dirty, and scary sewer rats, you'll find that there are lots of cute and furry rodents that would make perfect companions for people of all ages.
The good thing about rodents is that they are pretty small. This means that you don't need too much to keep them in your home. Also they are low maintenance. You can put them in their cage, play with them a bit, and leave them some food and they will typically take care of themselves.
Below is a list of the most common rodent pets you might consider for your household pet.
1. Hamsters-hamsters are not very long-lived rodents. They do, however, live an average of two to three years. You will need large enough cages for hamsters since they are very active. They can also be kept single, without the need for cage mates. They're pretty agreeable especially if you handle them from the time they are very young. They can become grumpy and defensive however, especially if you wake them during the day (they are nocturnal animals).
2. Gerbils - gerbils also live up to three years. They have a furry tail that makes up about half its size. They are also very social rodents so it would be great if you purchase them in pairs. You may want to buy same-sex gerbils however, as they could rapidly procreate if left alone. They have very agreeable temperaments, but you have to refrain from holding them by the tail.
3. Mice-mice are short-lived rodents. They only live for about one to three years. They are also very fun to watch, but due to their skittish nature, they may be very hard to handle out of the cage. They don't typically need too much room to live in. However, being social creatures, you'll have to buy them in pairs-just remember to keep them of the same-sex so they don't procreate uncontrollably.
4. Guinea pigs- guinea pigs are the longest lived of the here mentioned rodents. You could keep a guinea pig for about five years. They are also very gentle in nature, and aren't averse to handling. The truth is they won't bite even when agitated. They are pretty big, so you will need to give them enough cage space. They are social creatures, so you'll need to keep them in pairs. You also have to supply them with an adequate supply of vegetables and vitamin C.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesMake Rodents As Pets
Rodents make good pets. While some people colleague rodents with shady, illegal, and scary drain rats, you'll find that there bags of cute and furry rodents that would make precise companions for people of all ages. (more)Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online. You'll maybe have a harder time judgment another good vet then another pet strength insurance company. Now all you really have left to do is to symposium to the pet insurance companies representative. (more)Related Articles
- How to Choose the Right Pet For You
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks
- Should You Get Insurance for Your Pet
- How to Treat Overweight Pet
- Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- Caring for Exotic Pets
- Learn How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Having a Turtle as Your Pet
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Have a Tarantula as Pet
- Choosing the Right Pet for You
- Having an Alligator as a Pet
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- How to Manage Pet Allergies
- Tips on Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- How to Buy Online Pet Products
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- The Temperature for Your Exotic Pet
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Things You Need to Know about Pet Rabbits
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- How to Pick the Right Food for Your Pet
- Choose Vitamins for Pets
- Know Your Exotic Pet Behavior
- Pet Rabbits - Your Pet Rabbit Insurance
- How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
Pet insects and spiders might not be to everybody's savor when it comes to choose pets but they can cause a lot of fun and enjoyment. (more)Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
Cats are very good pets as they don’t require as much attention as other options such as a dog. Young cats are extremely playful and you can interact with them when you want to. (more)Keeping a Ferret as a Pet
Ferrets have been around centuries and are connected to badger, otters and weasels. People first used this animal to flush out rodents. (more)How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
If you are like me and have a pet dog, you probably know that it can be confusing to find good quality dog supplies for your pet. If you go into your local pet store in your town or city, often the prices are very high. (more)Law Regarding Exotic Pets
No one requests to decode any law. A law abiding citizen would first invoice the validity of the circumstances before getting an exotic pet. (more)