Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
If you want to make training cockatiels easy it is very important to buy a young bird. It is better if you buy it from a breeder because you can just ask them about its age.
If you want to make training cockatiels easy it is very important to buy a young bird. It is better if you buy it from a breeder because you can just ask them about its age. It is more difficult if you purchase your bird from a pet shop, you have to check its leg band/ring, but because not all Malaysian cockatiels wear leg bands/rings the shop assistant may not be able to help you with this information.
For training cockatiels purposes it is necessary to keep your bird in a small cage at first which is not heavy and easy to maneuver. Do not start with big outdoor cages or aviaries. Choose a small cage with excellent perching material, combination of fresh water and good food. Choose the proper place for the cage, for example it could be the living room where all family spends time together, doing different things, like watching television or other activities.
It is very important for the cockatiels to get used to the environment and people around them, the more people and noise the better for the bird. Otherwise you will have nervous bird, difficult for training cockatiels. You have to observe the cockatiel, when he seems that he does not care about the surrounding activities and noise, he will start to preen his feathers, your bird is then comfortable and ready for training.
You have to be patient during the training cockatiel process so only one or two sessions should be done per day. But it is also important that the sessions are maintained, at least once a day, even if you are short of time. The period depends on the individual bird characteristics. Some cockatiels are faster learners than others. Anyway, do not be in a hurry and do not use gloves.
It is important at the beginning not to be too close to the cage to avoid scaring the bird and to give him time to adjust. This does not mean that you have to be far away, just keep the proper distance not to make the bird nervous but also to show him that you are observing him. Choose a name for the bird and use it each time when you approach him. At the end of the day the cockatiel will recognize his name and will understand that you are calling him. Also you should use his name and call it softly each time when you give him food .By doing this, you will make training cockatiel process easier and your bird will trust you by hearing your voice.
Respect your bird, show him that you are friend and treat him as a friend. Call his name and talk to him each time you approach him or when you feed him, try to understand which his favorite food is and reward him with it whenever he behaves in the desired way during training cockatiels.
The second stage for training cockatiels is to accept your presence while you are feeding him, do not just leave the food, wait near the cage and observe him .If the cockatiel hesitates to take the food, encourage him by moving a few steps away from the cage. At the moment when he takes the food without hesitation you will know what is his “own space” is. Do this exercise every day and you will notice that this “space” will become smaller and smaller and the distance will be shorter. Of course you have to be patient because it will take time. Be sure that the bird is comfortable, if you notice that the cockatiel is tense and nervous; enlarge the distance between you and the bird. This is very important and the only way to win his trust.
When the second stage is fully completed, it is the time for the third stage. Now you have to train cockatiels to take food from your hand. You can start by giving him his favorite food by standing by the cage. Reduce the amount of the food so the bird might need more. Show him that you are holding his food in your hand and offer it to him for him to take it. If the cockatiel refuses to do it, just leave the food in the food container.
Repeat this activity until the bird feels more confident and takes the food from your hand. It is important for you to give him additional amount of his favorite food to his normal diet from your hand. Do not starve him, it is not ethical and may slow down the process. It may take several months to achieve this; it depends on individual characteristics of your bird. It is worth taking your time with this. Afterwards you will be proud that you are able to do this and you will have a much better understanding and relationship with your bird.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesTrain Your Cat with the Toilet
Owning a toilet skilled cat can be very rewarding. Attention and consistent force will be wholly desired at the toilet exercise phase. Just be tolerant always. (more)Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
If you are looking to train your dog you might consider using the 'clicker training' method, which has recently become popular amongst dog trainers all over the country. In this method the trainer has to make use of a clicker, .. (more)Related Articles
- Puppy House Training Tips
- Boxer Puppy Training
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Use a Dog Training School
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Train Dogs For Collar And Lead
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- Crate Training Puppies - How to Crate Train Your Puppy
- Litter Training a Puppy
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Beagle Puppy Training
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Dog Training Toronto
- Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Overview of Positive Training for Barking
- Cat Training Tools
- Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
- Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Puppy Training Pads
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- Crate Training Your Cat
A Guide to House Training a Puppy. How to house train a puppy is all about trust and replication. There are probably millions of opinions on how to house train a puppy. (more)Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
Dog training can endow with a remarkable extent of contentment. Every dog ought to be familiar with the minimum fundamentals for coexisting with people - sit, come, do not jump on people, stay, and so on. (more)Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
There are many cat breeds presented and one should do some inquiries on the actions of each kind before receiving any as a pet. Cats in general are not like dogs who want to satisfy the landlord. (more)Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
A faithful-cerulean cat aficionado wishes the best for his cat...The best cat beds, cat cages, cat cutlery, cat condos and yes, cat collars! What makes a good collar? (more)
- About Dog House Training
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- Dog Training Guide
- Labrador Puppy Training
- How to Train Your Iguana
- The Art of Cat Training
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Train Your Pet Parrot
- Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Puppy Training - Training Puppies Guide
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- House Training Your Dog
- Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
- Training an Exotic Animal
- Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
- Dog Training Devices