Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
If this is the first time you are training a puppy, never underestimate the problems and responsibilities that could come with the animal. During training, many things could go wrong. Here are some potential problems that you may run into when training your pup.
1) Wrong crate.
The crate is perhaps the most important tool in the training process. It can help house break your pup, and train it to eliminate less frequently. But if you buy the wrong crate, your training will never be effective. For example, a crate that is too large will defeat the purpose of the training. The pup will just eliminate in one corner, and then go rest in another corner. The goal here is to train the dog to control its bladder. You can't achieve this goal with a box that is too big.
2) Personality issues.
Sometimes, you may run into personality issues. It is hard to tell the personality of a dog when it's too young. To avoid this problem, try to buy pups only from reputable breeders. Unlike most pet stores, dog breeders often allow the dogs to grow up a little before selling them away. You may also wish to do some research on the dogs that you are interested in. Different breeds have well known personality traits. A chihuahua may be a really small dog but it has a very active personality. This means that it's going to need plenty of exercise! You have to take into consideration the personality of the pup when coming up with a training program.
3) Losing your patience.
A young pup can be very testing. Don't lose your patience. If it makes a mistake, just remind the pup gently that it's doing something that it's not supposed to be doing. Anger will not get you the results you want. But patience and determination ultimately will.
As you can see, there are many pitfalls that a new pup owner can fall into. To avoid making unnecessary mistakes, hire a professional dog trainer and learn from the trainer. There are different types of lessons available in the market. If you have the time, opt for those that allow you to join in the hands on training. That way, you will be able to execute the training when you go back home with your puppy. If you simply cannot afford the time, you will just have to be content with leaving the dog with the trainer during training sessions.
A well trained dog can be a perfect family pet and a good family friend. The training should start as early as possible so that good habits are cultivated from young. It does seem like a lot of hard work but the good news is, young pups usually learn fast. And they can adapt a lot better than what most people would expect. So at first if you don't see good results, be patient. Your efforts will soon reap dividends.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesBeagle Puppy Training
Beagle Puppy Training (more)Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
It can sometimes be challenging to own a new puppy, especially if you are a first timer. There are many lessons that you need to learn. (more)Related Articles
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- Crate Training Puppies - How to Crate Train Your Puppy
- Puppy Training Pads
- Puppy House Training Tips
- Litter Training a Puppy
- What to Do When Your Puppy Bark Non-Stop in the Middle of the Night
- Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
- How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- Labrador Puppy Training
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- Your Cat and Potty Training
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Training an Exotic Animal
- House Training Your Dog
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Dog House Training Tips
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Dog Training Devices
- Training Cockatiels
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Dog Training Toronto
- Overview of Positive Training for Barking
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- The Art of Cat Training
A Guide to House Training a Puppy. How to house train a puppy is all about trust and replication. There are probably millions of opinions on how to house train a puppy. (more)Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies (more)Puppy Training Guide - Everything about Training Puppies
Puppy training tips and guides. Learn everything about how to train and housebreak your puppy, like crate training, house training a puppy, litter training, toilet training and more. (more)Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
Crate training is one of the most effective method that you can use to train your puppy to eliminate according to the schedule that you want. (more)Boxer Puppy Training
Boxer Puppy Training (more)
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Use a Dog Training School
- Important Guide To Training Your Dog
- Cat Training Tools
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Crate Training Your Cat
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior