Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
If this is the first time you are training a puppy, never underestimate the problems and responsibilities that could come with the animal. During training, many things could go wrong. Here are some potential problems that you may run into when training your pup.
1) Wrong crate.
The crate is perhaps the most important tool in the training process. It can help house break your pup, and train it to eliminate less frequently. But if you buy the wrong crate, your training will never be effective. For example, a crate that is too large will defeat the purpose of the training. The pup will just eliminate in one corner, and then go rest in another corner. The goal here is to train the dog to control its bladder. You can't achieve this goal with a box that is too big.
2) Personality issues.
Sometimes, you may run into personality issues. It is hard to tell the personality of a dog when it's too young. To avoid this problem, try to buy pups only from reputable breeders. Unlike most pet stores, dog breeders often allow the dogs to grow up a little before selling them away. You may also wish to do some research on the dogs that you are interested in. Different breeds have well known personality traits. A chihuahua may be a really small dog but it has a very active personality. This means that it's going to need plenty of exercise! You have to take into consideration the personality of the pup when coming up with a training program.
3) Losing your patience.
A young pup can be very testing. Don't lose your patience. If it makes a mistake, just remind the pup gently that it's doing something that it's not supposed to be doing. Anger will not get you the results you want. But patience and determination ultimately will.
As you can see, there are many pitfalls that a new pup owner can fall into. To avoid making unnecessary mistakes, hire a professional dog trainer and learn from the trainer. There are different types of lessons available in the market. If you have the time, opt for those that allow you to join in the hands on training. That way, you will be able to execute the training when you go back home with your puppy. If you simply cannot afford the time, you will just have to be content with leaving the dog with the trainer during training sessions.
A well trained dog can be a perfect family pet and a good family friend. The training should start as early as possible so that good habits are cultivated from young. It does seem like a lot of hard work but the good news is, young pups usually learn fast. And they can adapt a lot better than what most people would expect. So at first if you don't see good results, be patient. Your efforts will soon reap dividends.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesPuppy Training Pads
Puppy Training Pads (more)Puppy House Training Tips
Many pet shops like to showcase puppies because they are easier to sell. Kids and teenagers simply adore these little furry animals, and they can't seem to take their eyes off them. (more)Related Articles
- Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
- Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
- House Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
- What to Do When Your Puppy Bark Non-Stop in the Middle of the Night
- Labrador Puppy Training
- Boxer Puppy Training
- New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
- Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Puppy Training - Training Puppies Guide
- How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- Training an Exotic Pet
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Cat Training Tools
- Dog Training Toronto
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- House Training Your Dog
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Dog House Training Tips
- Cat Training Books
- Dog Training Guide
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Overview of Positive Training for Barking
- Your Cat and Potty Training
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Dog Training Devices
Litter Training a Puppy (more)Crate Training Puppies - Train Your Puppy
At first glance the task of crate training puppies may seem daunting. There are some things to remember when you crate train a puppy. (more)Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
It can sometimes be challenging to own a new puppy, especially if you are a first timer. There are many lessons that you need to learn. (more)Beagle Puppy Training
Beagle Puppy Training (more)
- The Art of Cat Training
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Why Use a Dog Training School
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Cat Training - Crate Training Your Cat
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- Training Cockatiels