What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
A horse can be a sizeable financial and emotional investment; therefore, it is a good idea to protect your investment by purchasing some form of equine insurance. Equine, or horse, insurance is nothing new, and is designed to protect you financially should your animal get sick, injured, or even die. Though not inexpensive, equine insurance will have you better prepared if your horse requires costly medical procedures.
Equine mortality insurance is the most common type of insurance purchased by horse owners. The policy can insure the horse for up to 100% of its value. Premiums range from 3.2-3.8% of the animal's value, which is determined by its original purchase price, training, and performance records. Some, though not all, equine mortality insurance policies even cover humane destruction of the animal.
Horses can also be put on a health insurance policy. This covers accidents and illnesses that may befall the animal, as well as its dental care and physical check ups. Common equine illnesses like mud fever and rain rot are also covered, and even major events like broken bones or cancer.
Major medical insurance is another type of insurance to consider, and is much more affordable than health insurance. With major medical insurance, you obtain coverage for costly medical procedures like diagnostics, surgery, and post-operative medication. Routine exams, vaccinations, and de-worming, however, are not covered.
What if your horse does not get sick, but instead accidentally kicks or bites someone? To avoid paying high litigation costs, you may consider obtaining personal horse owner liability insurance. This type of insurance protects you should your horse cause damage or injury, and it also pays legal fees that you incur because of negligence.
A final type of horse insurance is commercial liability insurance. If you own a ranch or any kind of commercial property on which people work or perform shows, then you need to protect yourself from lawsuit costs should people get hurt.
How do you decide between all these different insurances? Find a good equine insurance agent. This person will know the value of your horse and what types of insurance are needed. Make sure you have your agent explain the costs and benefits of each insurance policy, and get your price quotes and coverage information in writing. Also, talk with fellow horse owners and obtain agent references.
In conclusion, by buying health insurance for your horse, you will have the confidence that, should something happen, your horse will be taken care of and you will be protected from high medical fees.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesConsider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
Horse insurance has maybe never crossed your mind - you've probably never even heard of it, nonetheless considered purchasing it. But many horse owners have come to realize that.. (more)Pet Rabbits - Your Pet Rabbit Insurance
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Related Articles
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Ferret
- Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- All about Health Insurance for Pets
- Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- About Pet Health Care Insurance
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- You Might Want to Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Pet
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- The Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Tips on How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
There are two wellbeing nursing issues that might make Canada's pet owners believe purchasing Canadian Pet Health Insurance for their family pets. Cancer and Tularemia. (more)What Is Health Insurance For Pets
Pet health insurance, like any form of insurance, is a risk. You are dead sure that your pet will need it. But, nowadays, because of the limitations and caps on the policy that a company is selling you, you're actually wishing that your pet wouldn't. (more)Getting Pet Health Insurance
Pet health insurance is one way to prevent veterinarian bills from becoming overwhelming. Pet health insurance is insurance pet owners purchase to help cover veterinarian bills similar to human medical insurance. (more)Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
Before a pet owner purchases a pet health care plan they need to get some estimates/quotes on various plans. The first thing they need is a wish list of the type of pet health insurance coverage you would like to get. (more)A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
It doesn't matter if you have already decided to purchase health insurance for the family pet or if you are simply. When you are comparing the quote of one health insurance quote to another remember that the base doller amount is not the only number you have to consider. (more)
- Ways to Buy a Good Horse
- Information about Horses Health
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony or Horse
- About VIP Pets Insurance
- Animal Health Insurance In America
- Having a Horse in Your Backyard
- Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Horse Care - The Basic Information of Horse Care
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- The Many Kinds of Horses Trailers
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- More about Pet Health Insurance