What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
A horse can be a sizeable financial and emotional investment; therefore, it is a good idea to protect your investment by purchasing some form of equine insurance. Equine, or horse, insurance is nothing new, and is designed to protect you financially should your animal get sick, injured, or even die. Though not inexpensive, equine insurance will have you better prepared if your horse requires costly medical procedures.
Equine mortality insurance is the most common type of insurance purchased by horse owners. The policy can insure the horse for up to 100% of its value. Premiums range from 3.2-3.8% of the animal's value, which is determined by its original purchase price, training, and performance records. Some, though not all, equine mortality insurance policies even cover humane destruction of the animal.
Horses can also be put on a health insurance policy. This covers accidents and illnesses that may befall the animal, as well as its dental care and physical check ups. Common equine illnesses like mud fever and rain rot are also covered, and even major events like broken bones or cancer.
Major medical insurance is another type of insurance to consider, and is much more affordable than health insurance. With major medical insurance, you obtain coverage for costly medical procedures like diagnostics, surgery, and post-operative medication. Routine exams, vaccinations, and de-worming, however, are not covered.
What if your horse does not get sick, but instead accidentally kicks or bites someone? To avoid paying high litigation costs, you may consider obtaining personal horse owner liability insurance. This type of insurance protects you should your horse cause damage or injury, and it also pays legal fees that you incur because of negligence.
A final type of horse insurance is commercial liability insurance. If you own a ranch or any kind of commercial property on which people work or perform shows, then you need to protect yourself from lawsuit costs should people get hurt.
How do you decide between all these different insurances? Find a good equine insurance agent. This person will know the value of your horse and what types of insurance are needed. Make sure you have your agent explain the costs and benefits of each insurance policy, and get your price quotes and coverage information in writing. Also, talk with fellow horse owners and obtain agent references.
In conclusion, by buying health insurance for your horse, you will have the confidence that, should something happen, your horse will be taken care of and you will be protected from high medical fees.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesConsider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
Horse insurance has maybe never crossed your mind - you've probably never even heard of it, nonetheless considered purchasing it. But many horse owners have come to realize that.. (more)Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
Dog owners in the state of Pennsylvania are more then eligible to purchase pet health insurance for their dogs from the American Kennel Club. (more)Related Articles
- California Pet Health Insurance
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
- Get Pet Health Insurance in California
- How Much Does Health Insurance for Pets Cover
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Insurance for Your Pet Rabbit
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- How You Can Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- All about Pets Health Insurance
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Problems with ACK Health Insurance
- About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Your Introductory Guide to Pet Insurance
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
After all, the insurance should be specific to the pet, and cover the sort of problems that pet is likely to develop as they age, or suffer as the result of an accident or mishap. Pet owners should talk with their vets about .. (more)USA Pet Health Insurance
Many American pet owners don't realize that there are similar pet liability insurance plans available in the United States. Pet owners who would like to purchase pet liability insurance to cover any damages their pets might be responsible.. (more)Pet Health Insurance in Florida
Because of the hurricanes that can sweep up and down Florida's coastline pet owners in Florida should consider purchasing a pet health insurance plan that will protect their pets in event of a hurricane. (more)Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
In addition to health insurance pot bellied pig owners should probably consider getting some type of liability insurance in case their pot bellied pig accidentally hurts someone. (more)Insurance for Pets
Pet owners who purchase pet health insurance plans from pet health insurance companies do so for a variety of reasons. Pet owners are advised to purchase a pet health care insurance plan as early in their pet's life as possible. (more)
- Horse Care - The Basic Information of Horse Care
- Pet Insurance
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony or Horse
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Horses Living In The California Area
- A General Overview of Feeding Horses
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
- Potbellied Pig Health Insurance
- Animal Health Insurance In America
- Caring for a Horse of Your Choice
- How to Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- The Many Mistakes of Buying a Horse for the First Time
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- About Pet Health Care Insurance
- Different Information of Buying and Selling a Horse
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- About VIP Pets Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance in Texas