Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
There have been lots of books written about dogs like Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows, Black Beauty is every girls dream horse after his memoirs were so cleverly translated, and a recent string of mystery novels featuring sleuthing cats have earned felines a place in the literary annals. Considering that isn't it interesting that some of the animal characters most people seem to remember the best are pigs. When book lovers think of pigs they smile as they remember the sweet innocence of Wilbur as he strutted around the barnyard, or they shudder with delicious distaste as they think about how George Orwell's Napoleon ruled the farm after overthrowing the humans in Animal Farm.
Recently pigs have been finding their way into more and more homes as family pets. Many pet owners are delighted by the pig's keen intelligence and dynamic personality. Or they walk into a neat tidy barn and spot and entire litter of new piglets sleeping in a little pig heap on a bed of straw. The next thing they know they have purchased a young pot bellied pig and are taking it home.
The first mistake people often make is assuming that a pot bellied pig would make a good pet for their family is that they don't really understand that the cuteness fades...fast. One minute they are holding a cute little piglet, the next they are looking at a short legged growing piglet with a strangely shaped skull, drooping jowls, and stiff hair.
The next mistake pet owners make when they purchase a potbellied pig is that they assume it will stay miniature sized. While it is true that the pot bellied pig is considerably smaller then its barnyard cousins pet owners need to understand that the pigs that are used for bacon and Easter hams are normally butchered at weight surpassing three hundred and fifty pounds. The full grown sows can weigh in at well over five hundred pounds.
Once you have purchased a newborn potbellied pig you need to start thinking about its health care. Pot bellied pigs need to be spayed or neutered, they need to have their feet trimmed on a regular basis, they need to have their long tusks trimmed, and they need yearly vaccinations. Purchasing a pet health plan for your new pet might help make veterinary care more affordable. If you decide to purchase a health insurance plan for your pot bellied pig make sure it is one that it will still be valid at the end of your pets life, which could bet twenty years away. If you are unable to find a pet health insurance company who is selling coverage for potbellied pigs try to get a deal through an insurance company that insure farmers' valuable livestock.
In addition to health insurance pot bellied pig owners should probably consider getting some type of liability insurance in case their pot bellied pig accidentally hurts someone. For the most part pot bellied pigs are low key and amiable but once in a while you can stumble across one that gets irritated with people. Just like their larger, barnyard cousins, pot bellied pigs a re very strong they literally toss a full grown man to the side with just a little nudge of their snout.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGet Health Insurance For Your Potbellied Pig
Get health insurance for your potbellied pig. The first misstep people often make is arrogant that a pot bellied pig would make a good pet for their family is that they don't truly understand that the beauty fades...Speedy. (more)How to Choose a Guinea Pig
The decision on where to place your guinea pig should be made before you elect an enclose so you'll know just how much pause you will be working with, particularly if you will be trust your guinea pig within. (more)Related Articles
- Your Introductory Guide to Pet Insurance
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- How Much Does Health Insurance for Pets Cover
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Insurance for Your Pets
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- Get Online Quotes for Pet Health Insurance
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Pets
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Pet Rabbits - Your Pet Rabbit Insurance
- United States and Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- California Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Horse Insurance - What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- About VIP Pets Insurance
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- The Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
One of the guinea pig's qualities that certainly sets it distant from other small pets is its way of communicating with you and with other animals. (more)What to Know about Guinea Pig
When was the last time you visited with a lonesome only to have their children frog demo you out to the backyard to vista their newest acquisition which you knew little about, their pet guinea pig? (more)Choosing the Right Guinea Pig
When you go to the store to get a guinea pig, it is always a good idea to look at them carefully and choose them by their personality. Each guinea pig has his or her own personality. (more)How to Groom Guinea Pigs
While most small animals don't want much grooming, guinea pigs are different. Their teeth, pelt, and nails all want some express attention on a common footing. (more)How to Choose a Cage for a Guinea Pig
The guinea pig owners prefer to have multi-level cages for their pets. While the addition of ramps and other levels may be fun and interesting for the guinea pig, it isn't essential. (more)
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Florida Pet Health Insurance
- How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- More about Pet Health Insurance
- Get Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- ACK Health Insurance Problems