Online Guide to Pet Health Insurance
A recent survey estimated that the average dog owner will visit the vet two-three times a year and spend an average of two hundred dollars. Pet owners who have cats will spend a little bit less.
That estimate is for the normal routine stuff like sterilization (spaying or neutering), vaccinations, worming, and a heartworm test; you're normally in and out of the veterinarian's office in approximately fifteen minutes. It's hard to imagine what the trip to the veterinarian's office would cost if your pet was suffering from a really serious medical problem such as benign tumors or a broken leg.
Approximately three percent of pet owners in the United States have decided that the best way to deal with financing their pets vet bill is to purchase pet health care insurance. Pet health care insurance is similar to human health care insurance. The pet owner pays a monthly premium and when the pet has to go to the veterinarian's office the insurance company will pay a certain percentage of the bill minus the deductible.
Before a pet owner purchases a pet health care plan they need to get some estimates/quotes on various plans. Before the pet owner goes online to find a quote they need to grab a pad of paper and write down two things.
The first thing they need is a wish list of the type of pet health insurance coverage you would like to get. This list can include things like prescription coverage, low deductibles, dental, annual checkups, spaying and nueturing, declawing and anything else you can think of. It is important to remember that you may not be able to find a pet health insurance plan that will have everything you want, circle the items that you simply can't live without.
The second thing you need to write down is what is the most you can spend each month on your pet's health insurance plan. Keep this number close by so you don't splurge on an insurance plan you won't be able to afford.
Now do a couple internet searches to find all the names of pet health insurance companies. Go through the list and find all the companies that have health insurance plans that are compatible to your wish list and seem to be in your budget. Try to narrow the list down to the five most likely possibilities.
Now that you have five health insurance companies that seem like real possibilities go to their quote section on the webpage. Follow the instructions and enter all of your pet's pertinent information. If the quote is satisfactory its time to proceed to the next step.
Call your pet's veterinarian and ask the clinic will accepts this particular brand of insurance. If the vet clinic you use doesn't accept insurance from that company move to your next possibility. You'll probably have a harder time finding another good vet then another pet health insurance company. Now all you really have left to do is to talk to the pet insurance companies representative.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesAnimal Health Insurance In America
Pet health insurance companies are hoping that someday pet owners in the United States will catch up with European pet owners. A recent poll taken of American pet owners suggested that approximately three percent of American pet owners had purchased pet health insurance for their family pet. (more)Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
While it is true that only one or two percent of pet owners feel the need to invest in pet insurance, as an exotic pet owner, it is an unwritten, mandatory thing to have proper pet insurance. (more)Related Articles
- Pets Eye Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Get Health Insurance for Your Pet
- More about Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance For Your Potbellied Pig
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- USA Pet Health Insurance
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Pet Health Insurance in United States
- Information about Getting Pet Health Insurance
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Florida Pet Health Insurance
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Get Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- How You Can Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- All about Pets Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
Most people do not to think about purchasing pet health insurance for the family cat simply because it seems as if cats never get sick. (more)Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Get Pet Health Insurance in California
What many of these Hollywood hopefuls don't realize is the animal health branch of the California Department of Food and Agriculture has rules and regulations for bringing pets into the state. (more)Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
Are you in the business of selling insurance for pets? If you are, you must know the importance of coming up with the right pet health insurance marketing plan. There are many ways to go about such plan. (more)ACK Health Insurance Problems
Problems with ACK health insurance. The first advantage is the start up cost, AKC registered pups seldom start at less them three hundred dollars from there the prices can sore into the thousands. (more)
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- Ways To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Healthy Giant Iguana
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- Information about Horses Health
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Tips on How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Insurance for Your Pets
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Cat Health Problems - The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face