Insurance for Your Pet Rabbit
Many pet owners enjoy the company and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only playful and fun to watch they are also very social. Rabbits tend to appeal to people who like the size and feel of cats but are put off by the aloof manners cats sometimes display, most rabbits, if handled properly, are friendly all the time.
Rabbit owners need to be aware that because rabbits are so social they need to spend allot of time each and every day playing with their pet rabbit. Rabbits that do not get enough attention can become depressed. Like cats pet rabbits are low maintenance and are easily litter box trained. Rabbits chew on everything, the best way to spare your furniture is to give your pet rabbit lots and lots of chewy toys.
Rabbits and young children are not a very good combination, kid’s habit of grabbing and running around makes rabbits nervous and they can start biting, and rabbit bites hurt. If you decide to keep your pet rabbit in the house you need to be prepared to clean the litter box on a regular basis.
Rabbits need to be taken to the veterinarian on a regular schedule for routine vaccinations and check ups. Rabbit owners who keep their rabbits in the house recommend spaying and neutering your rabbit. Pet rabbits are not known for their willingness to take medications. If you have to give your pet rabbit liquid mediation you will need to use a syringe (just the syringe not the needle) or an eye dropper.
I prefer syringes because it is easier to measure the proper dosage of medication. Holding the rabbits head and neck with one hand slide the syringe into the rabbit’s mouth behind the teeth, Check to make sure that the tip of the syringe isn't stuck out the other side of the mouth, point the tip of the syringe towards the rabbit’s throat. Depress the syringes plunger.
If your vet prescribes a medication for your rabbit that is in a pill or tablet form you are going to have to crush up the pill. Once you have crushed the pill into a powder mix it with a little bit of flavored Sustacal or Ensure until you have a watery paste. Use a syringe to administer the paste like a liquid medication.
It only takes being bitten by one mosquito for a rabbit to become infected with a severe viral disease call Myxomatosis. Most rabbits die just a few short hours after contracting the disease. The only way to treat Myxomatosis is to vaccinate your pet rabbit before it ever comes into contact with Myxomatosis. Rabbits should be vaccinated when they are six weeks old. Do not give a pregnant rabbit the vaccination; wait until her babies are born. Rabbits are still at risk for Myxomatosis for fourteen days after being vaccinated. Your pet rabbit will need booster shots.
Health problems commonly associated with rabbits are uncontrolled bleeding when injured, blood in the urine, broken bones, breathing problems, falling body temperature, and severe diarrhea. If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesConsider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners have the visitors and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only jokey and fun to lookout they are also very communities. (more)Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Related Articles
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- ACK Health Insurance Problems
- Read More about Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Exotic Animals
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- California and Their Pet Health Insurance
- How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- All about Health Insurance for Pets
- Get Pet Health Insurance in California
- Pets Eye Health Insurance
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Tips on How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- Getting Pet Health Insurance For Cheap
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Animal Health Insurance In America
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Health Insurance for Ferrets
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Insurance for Pets
- California Pet Health Insurance
Most people do not to think about purchasing pet wellbeing indemnity for the family cat minimally because it seems as if cats never get sick. The veterinary disquiet most cat owners fret about is what will occur if their family cat gets run over by a departure car. Cat owners who keep their cats in the house (more)Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
If you are considering a comprehensive health care insurance plan ask if the plan covers teen veterinarian visits such as; dental care, immunizations, and heartworm testing. Also ask if the pet health care insurance plan also covers the office call. (more)Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
Before a pet owner purchases a pet health care plan they need to get some estimates/quotes on various plans. The first thing they need is a wish list of the type of pet health insurance coverage you would like to get. (more)Pet Health Insurance in United States
If, as a pet owner you determine that pet health insurance simply isn't for you or your pet you will want to score and see if your homeowners insurance covers any probable accidents caused by your pet. A topical census of pet owners in the United States predicted that only three percent had purchased a pet strength charge arrange. (more)Need Health Insurance For Cat?
Before cat owners purchase health insurance for their family cat there are a few questions they should ask themselves. (more)
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Get Online Quotes for Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- How Much Does Health Insurance for Pets Cover
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Things You Need to Know about Pet Rabbits
- Looking After Your New Baby Rabbit
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Why Mini Lop Baby Rabbits Make Good House Rabbits
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Potbellied Pig Health Insurance
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Should You Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths