Insurance for Your Pet Rabbit
Many pet owners enjoy the company and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only playful and fun to watch they are also very social. Rabbits tend to appeal to people who like the size and feel of cats but are put off by the aloof manners cats sometimes display, most rabbits, if handled properly, are friendly all the time.
Rabbit owners need to be aware that because rabbits are so social they need to spend allot of time each and every day playing with their pet rabbit. Rabbits that do not get enough attention can become depressed. Like cats pet rabbits are low maintenance and are easily litter box trained. Rabbits chew on everything, the best way to spare your furniture is to give your pet rabbit lots and lots of chewy toys.
Rabbits and young children are not a very good combination, kid’s habit of grabbing and running around makes rabbits nervous and they can start biting, and rabbit bites hurt. If you decide to keep your pet rabbit in the house you need to be prepared to clean the litter box on a regular basis.
Rabbits need to be taken to the veterinarian on a regular schedule for routine vaccinations and check ups. Rabbit owners who keep their rabbits in the house recommend spaying and neutering your rabbit. Pet rabbits are not known for their willingness to take medications. If you have to give your pet rabbit liquid mediation you will need to use a syringe (just the syringe not the needle) or an eye dropper.
I prefer syringes because it is easier to measure the proper dosage of medication. Holding the rabbits head and neck with one hand slide the syringe into the rabbit’s mouth behind the teeth, Check to make sure that the tip of the syringe isn't stuck out the other side of the mouth, point the tip of the syringe towards the rabbit’s throat. Depress the syringes plunger.
If your vet prescribes a medication for your rabbit that is in a pill or tablet form you are going to have to crush up the pill. Once you have crushed the pill into a powder mix it with a little bit of flavored Sustacal or Ensure until you have a watery paste. Use a syringe to administer the paste like a liquid medication.
It only takes being bitten by one mosquito for a rabbit to become infected with a severe viral disease call Myxomatosis. Most rabbits die just a few short hours after contracting the disease. The only way to treat Myxomatosis is to vaccinate your pet rabbit before it ever comes into contact with Myxomatosis. Rabbits should be vaccinated when they are six weeks old. Do not give a pregnant rabbit the vaccination; wait until her babies are born. Rabbits are still at risk for Myxomatosis for fourteen days after being vaccinated. Your pet rabbit will need booster shots.
Health problems commonly associated with rabbits are uncontrolled bleeding when injured, blood in the urine, broken bones, breathing problems, falling body temperature, and severe diarrhea. If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGetting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners have the visitors and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only jokey and fun to lookout they are also very communities. (more)Related Articles
- Health Insurance for Exotic Animals
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Read More about Pet Health Insurance
- Get Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- USA Pet Health Insurance
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Problems with ACK Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- Read About Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance in United States
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
- How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Pet Health Insurance For Cheap
- What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
It doesn't matter if you have already decided to purchase health insurance for the family pet or if you are simply. When you are comparing the quote of one health insurance quote to another remember that the base doller amount is not the only number you have to consider. (more)Your Introductory Guide to Pet Insurance
Exactly what is covered by pet insurance really varies between insurance carriers but the standard level of care includes illnesses and accidents. (more)You Might Want to Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Pet
Some questions you should ask the pet health insurance crowd you are considering wholesale a pet health precision policy from is about whether your vet accepts that particular manner of insurance, if there is a cap on treatments, how much is your deductible, and how will they conduct any pre-vacant conditions your dog might have. (more)About VIP Pets Insurance
About Insurance for VIP Pets. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if in a few years you didn't see pet health insurance companies raising the rates of their VIP customers. (more)Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
Cats are curious creatures. One small they want to be petted and stroked, the next they are pleasing a thump at your hand and acting like you are shared enemy number one. (more)
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Ferret
- Having Rabbit Pets
- Three Necessities You Must Have for Rabbit Care
- All about Pets Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- Online Guide to Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance For Your Potbellied Pig
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Insurance for Your Pets
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- Why Mini Lop Baby Rabbits Make Good House Rabbits