Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners enjoy the company and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only playful and fun to watch they are also very social. Rabbits tend to appeal to people who like the size and feel of cats but are put off by the aloof manners cats sometimes display, most rabbits, if handled properly, are friendly all the time.
Rabbit owners need to be aware that because rabbits are so social they need to spend allot of time each and every day playing with their pet rabbit. Rabbits that do not get enough attention can become depressed. Like cats pet rabbits are low maintenance and are easily litter box trained.
Rabbits chew on everything, the best way to spare your furniture is to give your pet rabbit lots and lots of chewy toys. Rabbits and young children are not a very good combination, kid's habit of grabbing and running around makes rabbits nervous and they can start biting, and rabbit bites hurt. If you decide to keep your pet rabbit in the house you need to be prepared to clean the litter box on a regular basis.
Rabbits need to be taken to the veterinarian on a regular schedule for routine vaccinations and check ups. Rabbit owners who keep their rabbits in the house recommend spaying and neutering your rabbit. Pet rabbits are not known for their willingness to take medications. If you have to give your pet rabbit liquid mediation you will need to use a syringe (just the syringe not the needle) or an eye dropper.
I prefer syringes because it is easier to measure the proper dosage of medication. Holding the rabbits head and neck with one hand slide the syringe into the rabbit's mouth behind the teeth, Check to make sure that the tip of the syringe isn't stuck out the other side of the mouth, point the tip of the syringe towards the rabbit's throat. Depress the syringes plunger.
If your vet prescribes a medication for your rabbit that is in a pill or tablet form you are going to have to crush up the pill. Once you have crushed the pill into a powder mix it with a little bit of flavored Sustacal or Ensure until you have a watery paste. Use a syringe to administer the paste like a liquid medication.
It only takes being bitten by one mosquito for a rabbit to become infected with a severe viral disease call Myxomatosis. Most rabbits die just a few short hours after contracting the disease. The only way to treat Myxomatosis is to vaccinate your pet rabbit before it ever comes into contact with Myxomatosis. Rabbits should be vaccinated when they are six weeks old. Do not give a pregnant rabbit the vaccination; wait until her babies are born. Rabbits are still at risk for Myxomatosis for fourteen days after being vaccinated. Your pet rabbit will need booster shots.
Health problems commonly associated with rabbits are uncontrolled bleeding when injured, blood in the urine, broken bones, breathing problems, falling body temperature, and severe diarrhea. If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesInsurance for Your Pet Rabbit
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners have the visitors and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only jokey and fun to lookout they are also very communities. (more)Related Articles
- Insurance for VIP Pets
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance For Your Potbellied Pig
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- USA Pet Health Insurance
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- Animal Health Insurance In America
- All about Health Insurance for Pets
- Read About Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- About Your Pet Health Insurance
- California and Their Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- Why Take Out Pet Insurance?
- Health Insurance for Exotic Animals
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- More about Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- Get Online Quotes for Pet Health Insurance
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
If you are fretful about being flooded with an endless quantity of pricey veterinarian bills that you don't know if you will be able to pay you may want to deem purchasing animal health insurance for your pet ferret. (more)It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
Owners who are considering purchasing pet health insurance for their dogs should make sure that the eye health of their dogs covered by the insurance policy. (more)Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
In Europe over twenty-five percent of all pet owners carry a pet health insurance policy on their pets. Approximately half of Sweden's pet owners carry insurance. (more)Pets Eye Health Insurance
Getting eye health insurance for pets. Owners who are considering purchasing pet strength cover for their dogs should make definite that the eye vigor of their dogs sheltered by the assurance statement. (more)Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
If you are disturbed about being flooded with an endless quantity of exclusive veterinarian bills that you don't know if you will be able to pay you may want to believe purchasing animal shape insurance for your pet ferret. (more)
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- Why Mini Lop Baby Rabbits Make Good House Rabbits
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- The Different Kinds of Rabbit Care and Tips
- Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Looking After Your New Baby Rabbit
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Pets
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Three Necessities You Must Have for Rabbit Care
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- Insurance for Pets
- Get Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide