Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners enjoy the company and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only playful and fun to watch they are also very social. Rabbits tend to appeal to people who like the size and feel of cats but are put off by the aloof manners cats sometimes display, most rabbits, if handled properly, are friendly all the time.
Rabbit owners need to be aware that because rabbits are so social they need to spend allot of time each and every day playing with their pet rabbit. Rabbits that do not get enough attention can become depressed. Like cats pet rabbits are low maintenance and are easily litter box trained.
Rabbits chew on everything, the best way to spare your furniture is to give your pet rabbit lots and lots of chewy toys. Rabbits and young children are not a very good combination, kid's habit of grabbing and running around makes rabbits nervous and they can start biting, and rabbit bites hurt. If you decide to keep your pet rabbit in the house you need to be prepared to clean the litter box on a regular basis.
Rabbits need to be taken to the veterinarian on a regular schedule for routine vaccinations and check ups. Rabbit owners who keep their rabbits in the house recommend spaying and neutering your rabbit. Pet rabbits are not known for their willingness to take medications. If you have to give your pet rabbit liquid mediation you will need to use a syringe (just the syringe not the needle) or an eye dropper.
I prefer syringes because it is easier to measure the proper dosage of medication. Holding the rabbits head and neck with one hand slide the syringe into the rabbit's mouth behind the teeth, Check to make sure that the tip of the syringe isn't stuck out the other side of the mouth, point the tip of the syringe towards the rabbit's throat. Depress the syringes plunger.
If your vet prescribes a medication for your rabbit that is in a pill or tablet form you are going to have to crush up the pill. Once you have crushed the pill into a powder mix it with a little bit of flavored Sustacal or Ensure until you have a watery paste. Use a syringe to administer the paste like a liquid medication.
It only takes being bitten by one mosquito for a rabbit to become infected with a severe viral disease call Myxomatosis. Most rabbits die just a few short hours after contracting the disease. The only way to treat Myxomatosis is to vaccinate your pet rabbit before it ever comes into contact with Myxomatosis. Rabbits should be vaccinated when they are six weeks old. Do not give a pregnant rabbit the vaccination; wait until her babies are born. Rabbits are still at risk for Myxomatosis for fourteen days after being vaccinated. Your pet rabbit will need booster shots.
Health problems commonly associated with rabbits are uncontrolled bleeding when injured, blood in the urine, broken bones, breathing problems, falling body temperature, and severe diarrhea. If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesInsurance for Your Pet Rabbit
If you would like to purchase an insurance plan to help cover the cost of veterinary expenses for your pet rabbit you will probably have to look for an exotic animal policy offer by a pet health insurance company. (more)Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
Many pet owners have the visitors and companionship of having a pet rabbit in the house. People are attracted to the idea of house rabbits because rabbits are not only jokey and fun to lookout they are also very communities. (more)Related Articles
- Problems with ACK Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance in United States
- What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Some Reasons Why You Should Get Insurance for Your Cat
- California Pet Health Insurance
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- Insurance for VIP Pets
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- More about Pet Health Insurance
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Get Pet Health Insurance in California
- Pot Bellied Pig Health Insurance
- Tips on How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Canada Pet Health Insurance
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Getting Insurance For Your Ferret
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- Florida Pet Health Insurance
- You Might Want to Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Pet
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Should You Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- California Pet Health Insurance
Many American pet owners don't realize that there are similar pet liability insurance plans available in the United States. Pet owners who would like to purchase pet liability insurance to cover any damages their pets might be responsible.. (more)Get Pet Health Insurance in Florida
Get pet health insurance in Florida. Pet owners, who have recently brought their pets to Florida, should be aware of the potential medical issues involved with exposing their pets to strange surroundings. (more)Pet Health Insurance in The States
Pet strength indemnity companies hope someday pet owners in the United States will bump up with European pet owners. It is unclear why more pet owners in the United States don't asset pet vigor insurance. (more)How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
Pet insurance isn't just for a curious cat though. Many beloved house pets can get themselves into these situations, or come down with an illness that requires expensive medications to treat. (more)Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
Before cat owners obtain wellbeing indemnity for their family cat there are a few questions they should ask themselves. Asking themselves these questions will give the cat vendor a reasonable idea of what typeface of mean will best match them. (more)
- Pet Insurance Cover For Older Animals
- How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
- Getting Pet Health Insurance For Cheap
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Animal Health Insurance In America
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- Things You Need to Know about Pet Rabbits
- Potbellied Pig Health Insurance
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Get Online Quotes for Pet Health Insurance
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Horse Insurance Options
- Having Rabbit Pets
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- Mini Lop Ear Rabbits - Looking After Your New Baby Rabbit