Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Animal Health Insurance In America
Pet health insurance companies are hoping that someday pet owners in the United States will catch up with European pet owners. A recent poll taken of American pet owners suggested that approximately three percent of American pet owners had purchased pet health insurance for their family pet. A veterinarian who was interviewed after the survey was stunned by the results. She felt that the survey was generous. She believes that less then one percent of her patients have any health care insurance.
In Europe approximately twenty-five percent of all pet owners have some sort of pet health insurance on their pets. The numbers are even higher in Sweden where approximately fifty percent of all pet owners rely on pet health insurance to help pay their pet's medical expenses.
Some experts believe that the reason so many pet owners in the United Kingdom have pet health care insurance is because of an act passed in 1971. In the United Kingdom dog owners are liable for any accident that their pet is found responsible for. This means that if a dog darts out into traffic and causes a seven car pile up the dog's owner is responsible for paying all the damages. Unwilling to dip into their own pickets to cover their pet's misadventures pet owners in the United Kingdom purchase something called third party insurance. Third party insurance is a simply a liability insurance specifically geared to pet owners.
Many American pet owners don't realize that there are similar pet liability insurance plans available in the United States. Pet owners who would like to purchase pet liability insurance to cover any damages their pets might be responsible rather should be aware that certain breeds of dogs are listed as high risk insurance cases and the owners will be required to pay extra high insurance policies.
It is unclear why more pet owners in the United States don't purchase pet health insurance. One possibility is that pet owners simply don't understand exactly how expensive pet health care is. Fifteen minutes spent in a veterinarian's office can sometimes cost as much as a hundred dollars. When a pet owner finds themselves facing the cost of an emergency surgery or has to take their family pet to a university hospital to have an illness treated they quickly find themselves whishing they had something to help cover the enormous vet bill. All too often pet owners who find themselves in an emergency situation are forced to euthanize their beloved pet for economic reasons.
Pet owners who are city dwellers probably feel that they don't need to worry about something like pet health insurance because they can't possibly for see when they would need it. Their pets live inside, what could possibly happen to them. What these pet owners don't realize is that illness can sometimes affect house pets the hardest because their immune systems haven't had a chance to build up any resistance.
Farmers and ranchers have a very clear cut idea of how fast and accident and how expensive vet care is. Most of them would like to insure the health of their pets but there simply isn't enough extra money to afford the monthly premiums. Ranchers and farmers also tend to have a working knowledge of illnesses and injuries that lets them treat their pets on their own.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesAll about Health Insurance for Pets
Pet health insurance is similar to human health insurance. Pet owners who purchase pet health insurance plans from pet health insurance companies do so for a variety of reasons. (more)How You Can Find the Right Pet Health Insurance Company
Shopping may be a breeze for most people. But it really depends on what you are buying. For pet owners who want to find the suitable pet health insurance company, there are a lot of factors to consider. (more)Related Articles
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- California Pet Health Insurance
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- USA Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- Get Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- Potbellied Pig Health Insurance
- Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Rabbit
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Canada Pet Health Insurance
- Get Pet Health Insurance for Their Eyes
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Ferret
- Pet Health Insurance in United States
- Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Cheap Pet Health Insurance
- The American Kennel Club Pet Health Insurance
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- The Questions You Should Ask before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- About Pet Health Care Insurance
- You Might Want to Consider Getting Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
Cats are curious creatures. One small they want to be petted and stroked, the next they are pleasing a thump at your hand and acting like you are shared enemy number one. (more)Pet Health Insurance in Florida
Because of the hurricanes that can sweep up and down Florida's coastline pet owners in Florida should consider purchasing a pet health insurance plan that will protect their pets in event of a hurricane. (more)ACK Health Insurance Problems
Problems with ACK health insurance. The first advantage is the start up cost, AKC registered pups seldom start at less them three hundred dollars from there the prices can sore into the thousands. (more)Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
While it is true that only one or two percent of pet owners feel the need to invest in pet insurance, as an exotic pet owner, it is an unwritten, mandatory thing to have proper pet insurance. (more)California and Their Pet Health Insurance
California and their pet health insurance. Just like cats the California Department of Food and Agriculture will not allow dogs that are shipping an infectious disease to resist the shape line into California. (more)
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- Get Online Quotes for Pet Health Insurance
- Some Health Care Information For Your Pet
- What to Consider when Purchasing Equine Insurance
- Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Information about Horses Health
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Different Type of Pet Insurance in The States
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- More about Pet Health Insurance
- Should You Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Insurance for VIP Pets
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- The Healthy Giant Iguana
- Learn about Getting Insurance for Your Pet
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?