Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
If you have a pet then you will be responsible for taking care of him, and one of the most important aspects of health & care is dog grooming. All grooming needs quality combs, brushes and clippers that can be found at all pet supplies stores.
If you take your pet to a professional dog grooming service center then it can sometimes be expensive. It is not something that cannot be done at home i.e., it is possible only if you have the time and the equipment. The first and the foremost thing is that you need to be extremely patient with your dog during the dog grooming session and don’t forget to reward him once it is over so that you don’t face any problems the next time around.
The second important thing is buying the right pet supplies to enable grooming at home. The different types of pet supplies that you will need for grooming includes:
• Bathing accessories: This will mostly include hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner and towels
• Clippers: This will consist of pet grooming tools like turbo clippers, clipper kits, combs, trimmers etc.
• Others: This can include an array of pet grooming tools like nail grinders, FUrminator de-shedding tools, Styptic powder, Matbreaker dematting tool, dematting combs, dematting rake, flea comb, area slicker brushes, undercoat rake, etc.
Dog grooming is important for all pets but more for dogs and cats with a lot of hair. Dogs like German Shepherds have double coat and experience a lot of hair fall and hence should be groomed regularly. Some of the important parts of the body that need to be cleaned and groomed include the skin and ears and it is a must to clip the nails for cats and dogs.
Cleaning the ears of dogs is an integral part of dog grooming because of the fact that they get a lot of infections through their ears. Dogs with droopy ears are highly susceptible to different types of ear problems and infections caused by ear mites, waxy ears, and fungus. You need to check the ears of your dog once every week and clean them as well. Another important part of dog grooming is clipping nails and this is mostly done for dogs, as their nails can grow unusually big. Although they will never hurt you with their nails but are quite capable of scratching you while playing. You need to clip nails once every 3 weeks.
Let us consider some other pet supplies you may need:
• Treats: some dogs don’t like having a bath or being clipped, sometimes it’s a good idea to have a treat to distract your dog.
• Dental toothpaste: this is an often-overlooked necessity when buying pet supplies. Dental problems in cats and dogs are one of the most expensive veterinarian costs during a pet’s life.
• Toys: a great hide bone or Kong toy is a great idea when buying pet supplies. Anything to distract a dog will always help, especially if they playful by nature.
The one thing that most pets hate and dogs even more is bathing. Except for the Retrievers almost all dogs hate taking a bath and cats will always shy away. But bathing is also an important part of dog grooming. Before you give your pet a nice bath, ensure that you have the necessary pet supplies like shampoo, conditioner etc.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesDog Grooming - How to Groom Your Dog
Proper grooming for your dog does not only have aesthetic purposes but also adds to your pet's holistic growth - physical and psychological. (more)How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
Buying a hypoallergenic dog may help reduce allergic reactions to dog hair and dander, but these dogs require special attention because of their hair. Most of these breeds have short coats that resemble human hair rather than traditional fur. (more)Related Articles
- Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- How to Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- Kingdom of Pets - The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Why Use a Dog Training School
- The Dog Lovers Club
- Types Of Dogs
- Dog Training Toronto
- The Many Types of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Boston Terrier Dog
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
Pets nowadays are often counted as members of the family and some individuals even go through great lengths and spend a fortune for dog grooming. (more)Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
The two most important facets of a dog's life include dog grooming and dog food. Food keeps them alive and grooming keeps them healthy and in shape. (more)Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
Tired of packing your big, hairy dog into the car for a ride across town with a panting, barking animal for his weekly groom, only to find your car needs one too afterward? Mobile dog grooming has become a necessity for many of us .. (more)Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
If you have a dog at home, whether dog or cat, they will require dog grooming once in a while. Dog grooming will not only keep their skin, hair, ears and nails healthy but will also ensure that they are always looking their best. (more)
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Dogs and Their Different Behavior
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Grooming Your Cats
- Dog Coats: For Winter Comfort & Safety
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
- Keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- Important Guide To Training Your Dog
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show