Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
If you have a pet then you will be responsible for taking care of him, and one of the most important aspects of health & care is dog grooming. All grooming needs quality combs, brushes and clippers that can be found at all pet supplies stores.
If you take your pet to a professional dog grooming service center then it can sometimes be expensive. It is not something that cannot be done at home i.e., it is possible only if you have the time and the equipment. The first and the foremost thing is that you need to be extremely patient with your dog during the dog grooming session and don’t forget to reward him once it is over so that you don’t face any problems the next time around.
The second important thing is buying the right pet supplies to enable grooming at home. The different types of pet supplies that you will need for grooming includes:
• Bathing accessories: This will mostly include hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner and towels
• Clippers: This will consist of pet grooming tools like turbo clippers, clipper kits, combs, trimmers etc.
• Others: This can include an array of pet grooming tools like nail grinders, FUrminator de-shedding tools, Styptic powder, Matbreaker dematting tool, dematting combs, dematting rake, flea comb, area slicker brushes, undercoat rake, etc.
Dog grooming is important for all pets but more for dogs and cats with a lot of hair. Dogs like German Shepherds have double coat and experience a lot of hair fall and hence should be groomed regularly. Some of the important parts of the body that need to be cleaned and groomed include the skin and ears and it is a must to clip the nails for cats and dogs.
Cleaning the ears of dogs is an integral part of dog grooming because of the fact that they get a lot of infections through their ears. Dogs with droopy ears are highly susceptible to different types of ear problems and infections caused by ear mites, waxy ears, and fungus. You need to check the ears of your dog once every week and clean them as well. Another important part of dog grooming is clipping nails and this is mostly done for dogs, as their nails can grow unusually big. Although they will never hurt you with their nails but are quite capable of scratching you while playing. You need to clip nails once every 3 weeks.
Let us consider some other pet supplies you may need:
• Treats: some dogs don’t like having a bath or being clipped, sometimes it’s a good idea to have a treat to distract your dog.
• Dental toothpaste: this is an often-overlooked necessity when buying pet supplies. Dental problems in cats and dogs are one of the most expensive veterinarian costs during a pet’s life.
• Toys: a great hide bone or Kong toy is a great idea when buying pet supplies. Anything to distract a dog will always help, especially if they playful by nature.
The one thing that most pets hate and dogs even more is bathing. Except for the Retrievers almost all dogs hate taking a bath and cats will always shy away. But bathing is also an important part of dog grooming. Before you give your pet a nice bath, ensure that you have the necessary pet supplies like shampoo, conditioner etc.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
Buying a hypoallergenic dog may help reduce allergic reactions to dog hair and dander, but these dogs require special attention because of their hair. Most of these breeds have short coats that resemble human hair rather than traditional fur. (more)The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
Now that you have figured out how to best feed and exercise your pet, or made the decision to provide dog grooming services yourself, just what do you need to carry out your good intentions? (more)Related Articles
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Best Night Dog
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- What You Should Know About Dog Bites
- Know The Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- House Training Your Dog
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Dog Bed - Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- Why Do Dogs Snore
- The Dog Lovers Club
- Some History About Dogs
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)Importance of Dog Grooming
Pets nowadays are often counted as members of the family and some individuals even go through great lengths and spend a fortune for dog grooming. (more)All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
If you have a dog at home, whether dog or cat, they will require dog grooming once in a while. Dog grooming will not only keep their skin, hair, ears and nails healthy but will also ensure that they are always looking their best. (more)How to Groom Your Dog
Proper grooming for your dog does not only have aesthetic purposes but also adds to your pet's holistic growth - physical and psychological. (more)Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
Tired of packing your big, hairy dog into the car for a ride across town with a panting, barking animal for his weekly groom, only to find your car needs one too afterward? Mobile dog grooming has become a necessity for many of us .. (more)
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Keeping a Reptile at Home
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Weight Gains in Dog
- Learn to Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog