Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
Tired of packing your big, hairy dog into the car for a ride across town with a panting, barking animal for his weekly groom, only to find your car needs one too afterward? Mobile dog grooming has become a necessity for many of us who don't have time to get the pooch and the car washed in the same day. The demand for this service is ever growing, causing many dog-loving entrepreneurs to consider taking up this business.
When looking to start a mobile dog grooming business, the most important asset will be your mobile trailer. What kind will you start with?
First of all, size does matter. Even if environmental considerations are not primary on your list (and they should be) an overly large trailer is a poor choice. The larger your trailer is the more gas you will consume, thus eating into your profit margin. A large trailer will put more strain your vehicle's suspension and brakes. You may think it looks grand but in reality anything over a 5 foot by 8 foot trailer will be very difficult to maneuver in traffic and hard to see around in your rear view mirror. Remember, you will be spending almost as much time driving as brushing and bathing, so look for a trailer that is easy to tow and inexpensive to maintain.
Price is always and issue and depends upon your individual budget, in the final analysis. Should be able to purchase a trailer with all you need for between 15, and 25,000. It will be your decision to personalize it and make your mobile dog-grooming trailer a good advertisement as well as a rolling pet care salon.
Your other major choice is whether to buy a bare trailer and outfit it yourself or buy one fully equipped. I would personally opt for the other every time for the convenience and time saving aspects. But if you choose the other direction, you will need a good-sized water tank, grooming station and bathing areas, a floor drain, air-conditioning and several sources of natural light. These are not just things to enhance your work environment; they are essentials to performing the work professionally.
The material of choice for your trailer is easy to clean aluminium or stainless steel. After purchasing a trailer with these basics, you may want to choose from many useful add ons. Look thoroughly at the various types of equipment offered and choose those that will come in handy and really make your work go more smoothly. Avoid impulse buying when viewing extra equipment.
A wise "extra" is a special paint job that will make your van a good source of advertising. Decorate your moving billboard in an eye catching manner, with your telephone numbers and website plainly visible. You may include your hours of operation or the breeds of dogs that you like to handle. Do not include price information or too much wording that could get in the way of your important contact information. Of course, you will also want to advertise in conventional ways, such as the yellow pages, on the Internet, in the local newspaper and, occasionally, handouts and flyers posted around the neighbourhood.
Armed with the proper equipment and advertising, you are off to a good start with your new career keeping spaniels shiny and poodles pouffed!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Groom Your Dog
Proper grooming for your dog does not only have aesthetic purposes but also adds to your pet's holistic growth - physical and psychological. (more)Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)Related Articles
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Getting a Collar for Your Dog
- Why Not Pamper Your Dog With a Luxury Dog Bed?
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Dog Training Guide
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- How to Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Finding a Good School for Your Dog
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Pets nowadays are often counted as members of the family and some individuals even go through great lengths and spend a fortune for dog grooming. (more)All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
If you have a dog at home, whether dog or cat, they will require dog grooming once in a while. Dog grooming will not only keep their skin, hair, ears and nails healthy but will also ensure that they are always looking their best. (more)Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
The two most important facets of a dog's life include dog grooming and dog food. Food keeps them alive and grooming keeps them healthy and in shape. (more)The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
Now that you have figured out how to best feed and exercise your pet, or made the decision to provide dog grooming services yourself, just what do you need to carry out your good intentions? (more)Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
If you have a pet then you will be responsible for taking care of him, and one of the most important aspects of health & care is dog grooming. (more)
- Dog Coats: For Winter Comfort & Safety
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Dogs and Dog supplies - Quality supply at sensible rates
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Some History About Dogs
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
- The Best Night Dog
- Classifying Your Dog
- The Boston Terrier Dog
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs Information
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- Rules for Walking Your Dog