Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
The population of cats is the United States alone is unbelievable. Nearly all experts will tell you that you should spay your cat instead of breed it. No matter what experts have to say, a lot of people want to have a litter of kittens from their cat. Before you decide to breed your cat, there are a few things that you should think about.
The first thing you should know is that breeding cats takes time. For the next two months after the litter is born, you'll need to clean the area on a daily basis. You'll also need to watch over the kittens as well, and keep a close eye on how they are developing. If you plan to breed a litter of cats, you won't have time for much of anything else.
Breeding cats will also require a good degree of space as well. If you have a small apartment, you shouldn't attempt to breed a cat. You should also make sure that your family agrees with the idea, as it isn't good for the kittens if you keep them locked up. Keep in mind that kittens like to see things; they'll end up going all over your home as well.
Breeding cats also requires a degree of responsibility as well. You should always have a plan of approach, including homes for the kittens to go that you aren't planning to keep. Keep in mind that things can change, someone who wanted a cat may change his mind once the litter is born. In this event, you must decide whether or not you can keep a kitten that doesn't have a home.
Breeding also requires some education as well. You should be prepared for any problems along the way, as well as what takes place during birth. From cutting umbilical cords to delivering early, you'll need to be well prepared. You should also have the proper supplies, and know how to handle things in the event of a c-section. You'll also need to know what to feed pregnant cats, as their diets are very important if you are breeding.
Breeding will also cost money as well, with kittens costing a lot more money than you may think. The food isn't the only thing that's expensive, as the vet bills can also get expensive. Even though you may go through the entire pregnancy without going to the vet, you'll still need de-worming and vaccination medicines as well.
In short, there is a lot to think about where breeding is concerned. If you have your mind set on it and you want to breed, you should be sure that you have the proper knowledge and everything you need before hand. You should always be ready to handle anything associated with breeding - and prepare yourself for the worst possible scenario.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesAbout Breeding Cats
Cat breeding is not as relaxed as just leasing cats mate. Breeding is not just about choosing cats to create adorable kittens to earn money. To breed cats is not the same as to give them. (more)Before Breeding Cats
The population of cats is the United States alone is unbelievable. Nearly all experts will tell you that you should spay your cat instead of breed it. No matter what experts have to say, a lot of people want to have a litter of kittens from their cat. (more)Related Articles
- Top Cat Breeds
- About Cat Health
- Easing the Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- All About Grooming Your Cats
- Cat Skin Disease
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Cats and Their Toys
- Finding the Right Cat Litter Box
- Why Do Cats Use A Scratch Post
- Caring For The Older Cat
- About the Siamese Cat
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- All About Catfish
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Factors to Consider when Traveling with Your Cat
- The Ocicat and His Food, What You Should Know
- Keep Your Cat Healthy - Have a Healthy Cat
- Cats Need Walking Also
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- Bonding Between Cat and Their Owners
- Dealing With Cats
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
- Learn How to Take Care of Your Cats
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- How To Introduce Your Cat
- First Aid Kit for Cats
- Dealing With Cat Odor
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Learn About The Cat Whisperer
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
Over the last thousands of living, cats have cute much handled their breeding themselves. In the opening, they were used for one object - hunting and murder rodents. As the time progressed, we began to breed cats more to our penchant. (more)Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
In the beginning, they were used for one purpose - hunting and killing rodents. As the years progressed, we began to breed cats more to our liking. Now days, there are several different breeds of cats - which you can.. (more)Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
We all know that cats are loving and truly wonderful creatures. These days, it isn't out of the ordinary to see a cat in virtually every other home, sleeping in the window or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. (more)The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
Have you always wanted a cat, but heard some breeds make better pets than others? Maybe you have always wanted a cat, but do not know anything about them? The Persian cat breed is one of the oldest cats .. (more)Information about Cat Breeds
These days there are over 70 distinct cat breeds, which are recognized through cat registries. There are several registries that will recognize around 40 breeds or so, as they exclude the more domestic breeds such as tigers. (more)
- Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- Learn about Betta Fish Facts - Breeding and Care.
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Cats Food - Which Is the Best Cat Food?
- Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Information On The Most Common Cat behaviors
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Cat Training Tools
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Cats And Their Claws
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- Cats Health Problems