Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
All about Breeding Dog
Breeding dogs is an exciting experience. From the time a proper mate is found to the point that the puppies are born, it is crucial to take careful steps to make this successful.
Professional breeders do not breed frequently and will only do so when a pair is found to be healthy that will ensure the birth of healthy offspring.
The ideal breeder should have the pair of dogs tested for every possible disease as well as have all the information regarding the pair's ancestors and health records on file. Should a breeder find no problem in the history of the pair, then the process can begin.
Dogs normally come into heat twice a year which is every six months. Larger dogs can come into heat every eight or ten months which usually lasts about three weeks. Vaginal bleeding is a sure sign that the dog is in heat as well as swelling in the vulva. A dog's pregnancy or gestation period lasts between 60 to 67 days. Most dogs give birth after 63 days.
The only way to determine the stage of the dog's pregnancy is by keeping track of time from the day of the breeding. Keeping a record of this on file is advisable for reference purposes.
Exactly three weeks after breeding, the mother must be examined to confirm the pregnancy.
The dog must be given a formulated and premium brand of dog food for the duration of the pregnancy and throughout the nursing period preferably with a strong nutritional foundation.
During pregnancy, the mother's food consumption will almost double compared to the pre-pregnancy level so increased feeding must be given to ensure that there is enough for both the mother and the puppies.
Behavioral changes are to be expected during this time. The dog will demand far more affection or may experience a few days of vomiting.
Later on, the expectant mother will search for a secure place to deliver the puppies. Ensure that a proper place is ready when the time comes. An ideal place for an expecting mother is a box. Depending on the size of the dog, it must be spacious enough for the dog to move around and must have layers of newspaper inside it that will absorb birthing fluids. This should also have low sides for the mother to look outside and for the breeder to easily check if assistance is needed to make it easy to remove soiled papers without interrupting the mother and the newborn puppies.
Follow these steps and you should be able to count on a happy birthing process!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesKnow about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
This is a distinct dog breed and is called the Dalmatian. The Dalmatian qualifies as a large dog and has many attractive qualities like he is always poised and alert, he is muscular, active and strong; he is intelligent and sometimes can be quite shy. (more)Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
Most dogs grow out of whining in the early age around the six-month age. There are a variety of reasons as to why your adult mixed-breed dog might be whining. (more)Related Articles
- Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Information about Cat Breeding
- Learn about Betta Fish Facts - Breeding and Care.
- Before Breeding Cats
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- About Cat Breeds
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
- Things To Look Out For When Buying From A Breeder Of Pets
- Types of Terrier Breeds
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- How to Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Horse Breeds - The Different Kinds Of Horse Breeds
- Cat Breeds - Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Why Do Dog Snore
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
- Hypoallergenic Dog Food
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
When looking for a hypoallergenic dog, you will have to decide on a breed of dog and also how the dog will fit into your lifestyle. Many hypoallergenic dogs are small or medium breed dogs. (more)Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
Dog is a man’s best friend but how to choose the right one when there are over 400 dog breeds to choose from. Your personal favorite might be the German Shepherd or the Labrador retriever but then your home might not have enough space for the specific breed. (more)Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
Finding a good dog breeder when you want to buy a hypoallergenic dog can be difficult if you do not know what you are looking for. Many breeders, unfortunately, take advantage of those who do not know much about dogs and try to sell them mixed breeds (more)
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- House Training Your Dog
- Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
- How to Groom Your Dog
- Living with a Dog
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions