Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
All about Breeding Dog
Breeding dogs is an exciting experience. From the time a proper mate is found to the point that the puppies are born, it is crucial to take careful steps to make this successful.
Professional breeders do not breed frequently and will only do so when a pair is found to be healthy that will ensure the birth of healthy offspring.
The ideal breeder should have the pair of dogs tested for every possible disease as well as have all the information regarding the pair's ancestors and health records on file. Should a breeder find no problem in the history of the pair, then the process can begin.
Dogs normally come into heat twice a year which is every six months. Larger dogs can come into heat every eight or ten months which usually lasts about three weeks. Vaginal bleeding is a sure sign that the dog is in heat as well as swelling in the vulva. A dog's pregnancy or gestation period lasts between 60 to 67 days. Most dogs give birth after 63 days.
The only way to determine the stage of the dog's pregnancy is by keeping track of time from the day of the breeding. Keeping a record of this on file is advisable for reference purposes.
Exactly three weeks after breeding, the mother must be examined to confirm the pregnancy.
The dog must be given a formulated and premium brand of dog food for the duration of the pregnancy and throughout the nursing period preferably with a strong nutritional foundation.
During pregnancy, the mother's food consumption will almost double compared to the pre-pregnancy level so increased feeding must be given to ensure that there is enough for both the mother and the puppies.
Behavioral changes are to be expected during this time. The dog will demand far more affection or may experience a few days of vomiting.
Later on, the expectant mother will search for a secure place to deliver the puppies. Ensure that a proper place is ready when the time comes. An ideal place for an expecting mother is a box. Depending on the size of the dog, it must be spacious enough for the dog to move around and must have layers of newspaper inside it that will absorb birthing fluids. This should also have low sides for the mother to look outside and for the breeder to easily check if assistance is needed to make it easy to remove soiled papers without interrupting the mother and the newborn puppies.
Follow these steps and you should be able to count on a happy birthing process!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow To Choose The Right Dog Breed
Dog is a man’s best friend but how to choose the right one when there are over 400 dog breeds to choose from. Your personal favorite might be the German Shepherd or the Labrador retriever but then your home might not have enough space for the specific breed. (more)Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
This is a distinct dog breed and is called the Dalmatian. The Dalmatian qualifies as a large dog and has many attractive qualities like he is always poised and alert, he is muscular, active and strong; he is intelligent and sometimes can be quite shy. (more)Related Articles
- Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- About Breeding Cats
- Learn about Betta Fish Facts - Breeding and Care.
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- Different Type of Terrier Breeds
- Top Cat Breeds
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- Before Breeding Cats
- The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- Information about Cat Breeds
- Horse Breeds - The Different Kinds Of Horse Breeds
- What to Know When Buying From a Breeder Of Pets
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Information about Cat Breeding
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Training Terrier Dogs
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Your Dog Being Alone
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- Best Night Dog
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Learn about Dog Bites
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
Most dogs grow out of whining in the early age around the six-month age. There are a variety of reasons as to why your adult mixed-breed dog might be whining. (more)Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
When looking for a hypoallergenic dog, you will have to decide on a breed of dog and also how the dog will fit into your lifestyle. Many hypoallergenic dogs are small or medium breed dogs. (more)Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
Finding a good dog breeder when you want to buy a hypoallergenic dog can be difficult if you do not know what you are looking for. Many breeders, unfortunately, take advantage of those who do not know much about dogs and try to sell them mixed breeds (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- Why Do Dogs Snore
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Keep Your Dog Tamed
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Dog House Training Tips
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Train Dogs For Collar And Lead
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs