Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
What to Know about Guinea Pig
When was the last time you visited with a lonesome only to have their children frog demo you out to the backyard to vista their newest acquisition which you knew little about, their pet guinea pig?
And delightful they are, for guinea pigs make great pets, but they were not forever a domestic animal, so just where do they originate from, and where did they get that name from, because, lets face it, a very odd name.
Well let me shock you by initially saying that they are actually rodents, and are technically known as Cavies, but don't let all this put you off, like read on.
They have sprung into popularity within the onwards few decades and this might well make you think that they are a new pet, but think again. Archaeologists have bare fossilised remainder dating back millions of days, making them a very old pet indeed!
Now for something moreover to amaze you, they worn to be much superior to they are today, averaging around 9 feet long. That's a sizeable pet.
The first people to domesticate the guinea pig were the Incas, and South America is where they were first discovered. They were, and still are admired as, both an Icon, and an informer of food, in many South American countries.
In many parts of Peru they are thoughts very vastly of because of their deceptive ability to repair the sick and fetch comfort and support to the ultimate as they move into the next life.
The guinea pig first arrived in Europe and America as a result of sailors bringing them there to retail for one guinea, and this is how they got their name.
The pig part of their name came about because of the comical squealing clatter they make and their resemblance to actual pigs.
One of their claims to fame is that they have been current in the sphere of seek and who I miracle has never heard the expression 'being a guinea pig'?
Medical knowledge has benefited intensely from the use of guinea pigs in their laboratories but of course although they have saved many a human life, the price in the lives of the guinea pigs has been high.
Still today guinea pigs are used for research purposes, but typically in the part of genetics and hereditary matters, and we are confident that they are not harmed in any way.
In the South American country of Peru guinea pigs are seized in such admire that they often are given as gifts to people, and they are involved in ceremonial occasions.
Isn't it amazing that what is in cause a rodent could become such a prevalent pet? During a modern analysis it was found the guinea pigs came just fourth in popularity behind dogs, cats and rabbits.
Next time you look into the links confine at their pet I think you will appreciate all the more what you are looking at.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Groom Guinea Pigs
While most small animals don't want much grooming, guinea pigs are different. Their teeth, pelt, and nails all want some express attention on a common footing. (more)How to Choose a Cage for Guinea Pig
The guinea pig owners prefer to have multi-level cages for their pets. While the addition of ramps and other levels may be fun and interesting for the guinea pig, it isn't essential. (more)Related Articles
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Having a Turtle as Your Pet
- Getting a Pet Cougar
- How to Pick the Right Food for Your Pet
- Get Health Insurance Coverage for Your Pet
- Getting the Right Temperature to Raise Your Pet
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
- Read About Pet Health Insurance in Texas
- Rodents as Pets
- The Growing Pet Service Industry
- How to Choose a Hamster - Buying a Pet Hamster Guidelines
- Train Your Pet Parrot
- New Social Network a Hit with Pet Owners
- How To Assemble Home For Pet
- Guide to Pet Insurance
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- Pamper Your Pet
- Online Guide to Pet Health Insurance
- Why Take Out A Pet Insurance Policy?
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- Getting an Exotic Pet
- Different Tips for Competing at a Horse Show
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- A Fox As A Pet
- Get Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- Purchasing Exotic Pets Online
- A License for Your Exotic Pet
- Keeping A Sugar Glider
- About Pet Health Care Insurance
When you go to the store to get a guinea pig, it is always a good idea to look at them carefully and choose them by their personality. Each guinea pig has his or her own personality. (more)How to Choose a Guinea Pig
The decision on where to place your guinea pig should be made before you elect an enclose so you'll know just how much pause you will be working with, particularly if you will be trust your guinea pig within. (more)Reading The Body Language Of Guinea Pig
One of the guinea pig's qualities that certainly sets it distant from other small pets is its way of communicating with you and with other animals. (more)Things You Need to Know about Pet Rabbits
Pet rabbits are becoming increasingly popular as family pets. Pet rabbits are gentle and inquisitive animals that are basically easy to care for, making them an IDEAL PET for adults and families with older children. (more)Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
If having a dog, cat or fish isn't enough, then you can opt to take care of exotic pets. Exotic pets are animals that are so rare and are an unorthodox pet in a household. (more)
- What You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony or Horse
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Pet Insect - Having Insects As Pets
- Pet Meds Coupons Save You Money
- Getting a Comfortable Place to Sleep for Your Pet
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- The Coverage for Pet Health Insurance
- Name an Exotic Pet
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Insurance for VIP Pets
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Caring for Your Exotic Pet
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- How to Adopt Exotic Pets
- Some Health Care Information For Your Pet
- A Look at Different Pet Health Insurance Plans
- Litter Box for Your Pet