Learn How To Keep A Silver Dollar
Silver Dollar is one of the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish species. Metynnis Lippincottianus or Silver Dollar fish comes from Amazon Basin and grows up to five inches in size. The Silver Dollar is one of the popularly sold fish on the market. The fish has a strong pressed oval shaped body. Silver Dollar fish are passive creatures, which like to live peacefully with other fish. In addition, the fish prefer to live in a large tank and reside with their own species. This fish has a nature side, which promotes him to destroy plants, which include Vallisneria plants. In a couple of days, you will be purchasing new plants. Therefore, it is important that you feed this fish when he is hungry. The little fellers like lettuce, sprouts, spinach, as well as meaty dishes.
Metynnis Lippincottianus tend to enjoy moderate soft water conditions, as well as faintly acidy waters. Metynnis Lippincottianus fish will breed, as well as produce hundreds of eggs at a given time. The eggs usually hatch in a few days. Prepare for an army.
Shreitmueller or Metynnis Hypsauchen originates from Amazon Basin areas. The fish grow 6 inches in size a have strong pressed oval shaped bodies. The fish has behaviors similar to the Metynnis Lippincottianus; as well, their feeding patterns, habits, etc are similar. In addition, Metynnis Hypsauchen has similar water condition demands as that of the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish.
The only significant differ between the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish and the Hypsauchen is that these fish lay thousands of eggs in one hatching. This requires that you prepare for a larger army, which the hatchlings must have a water temperature at 82 degrees.
This fish group is commonly known as the Black Tetra. The fish is also known as the Petticoat and Blackamoor Fish. Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi come from Bolivia, Argentina, and Brazil and grows up to 2 inches in size.
The fan-like fins, anal, and dorsal is often black. The jet-black species have 2-vertical black coated bars that line the silver sides, or flanks. This is a good tank fish; however, the fish have instincts to nibble at other fish fins. The fish enjoy dry foods, as well as a variety of foodstuff. Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi does not place a high demand on the water conditions. The water temperature should remain at 68 degrees or 70 degrees Fahrenheit. You can breed these fish in moderately hard waters or neutral waters. The fish lay hundreds of eggs, which hatch in one day. Hatchlings require infusoria foodstuff at the start.
Pristella Maxillaris otherwise known as X-ray fish, Pristella, or Goldfinch come from the Northern South American areas. The fish only grow around 1 and half inches in size. Pristella have transparent bodies. This fish is ideal for commune tanks, since the fish is passive in nature.
Pristella Maxillaris will feast on all foods, and require water conditions or temperature set between 72 degrees and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. This fish lays up to 500 eggs and is one of the easier to breed specimen. The hatchlings are usually delivered in one day.
In all you will find a wide array of fish at pet stores. Each specimen has its own needs, yet many are similar in nature. Additional fish include the Hemigrammus Erythrozonus species, Hyphessobrycon Flammeus breeds, and the Paracheirodon innesi. Hyphessobrycon Pulchripinnis is specie available. If you are just starting out avoid the Piranhas and the Characin species. The carnivores will eat other fish, as well as fleshy dishes. Piranhas are better left for fish experts to maintain.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesTropical Fish Diseases: Understanding the Ailments of Tropical Fish
There are several other tropical fish diseases as well to consider. Making sure that your aquarium's water is kept well for the species of fish that you are keeping is the most common oversight that causes these tropical fish ailments. (more)Choosing The Right Tropical Fish For Your Aquarium
Bolivian Rams, Jaguars and Zebras make you think of farms and jungles, but these are a few of the names of over 4000 species of tropical coldwater fish that come from all over the world. For those interested in keeping fish, tropical freshwater fish are the best choice. (more)Related Articles
- Catfish Care
- Keep an Aquarium with Marine Fishes
- Taking Care of the Bizarre Fish
- The Interesting Leopard Filefish
- Adding Extras to Your Fish Tank
- Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
- Learn How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
- Exploring Different Fishes
- The Gasteropelecidae Fish
- Owning a Tropical Fish Aquarium
- The Mollies and Guppy Fish
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- Aquarium And Fish Care Tips
- Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
- Learn about Betta Fish
- Filtration System for Your Fish Tank
- Getting Freshwater Fish for Newbies
- The Killifish Fish and Loach Fish
- Aquarium Needs and Fish Care Needs
- Upkeep Of The Loach Fish
- Caring For The Pomacentridae Family Of Fishes
- Angelfish Care - Create an Aquarium For Angelfish
- Basic Tips For Fish Care
- All About Freshwater Fish
- Learn How to Treat Tetra Species - Fishes
- Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
- Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
- Newbie Fish Owners - Giving Help For Newbie Fish Owners
- What Is The Brachydanio Fish
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- Fish Care - How to Care for Goldfish
- Undestand How To Care For Barbs And Puntius
- Taking Care of Dangerous Fishes
If you own fish and aquariums, you should have already researched to know how to take care of your fish and aquarium. (more)Learn about the Barb Fishes
Tiger barbs, Rosy barbs, Red Barbs, and Sumatra barbs are various types of freshwater fish that are easiest to breed and maintain. However, the larger barbs are best suited with fish of their own size. (more)All About Catfish
Coming from Trinidad and South America are the Mail and Armored Catfish. These catfish are well respected even by larger fish. The catfish have partly covered bony plates.. (more)Some Tips for Fish Care
Currently there is more than 20,000 fish, which to instruct you on care would be time consuming. Therefore, we will cover the basics in tank management to provide you a bit of help. (more)Coldwater Fish Are Good Starter Fish
Coldwater fish are starter fish to consider, since coldwater fish are easier than other fish to keep. Coldwater fish are resilient and can adapt better than other fish to waters. (more)
- How to Care for African Carp Aquarium
- How to Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Some Health Care Information For Your Pet
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Horse Care - The Basic Information of Horse Care
- How to Care for an African Carp
- How to Take Care of Frogs
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- How to Care for Your Pet Fox
- When Rescuing an Exotic Pet!
- Taking Care of Ferrets
- How to Care for a Pet Ferret
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- How to Care for Your Turtle
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Different Kinds of Rabbit Care and Tips
- All about Filters and Your Fish Tank
- How to Take Care of Cats