Learn How To Keep A Silver Dollar
Silver Dollar is one of the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish species. Metynnis Lippincottianus or Silver Dollar fish comes from Amazon Basin and grows up to five inches in size. The Silver Dollar is one of the popularly sold fish on the market. The fish has a strong pressed oval shaped body. Silver Dollar fish are passive creatures, which like to live peacefully with other fish. In addition, the fish prefer to live in a large tank and reside with their own species. This fish has a nature side, which promotes him to destroy plants, which include Vallisneria plants. In a couple of days, you will be purchasing new plants. Therefore, it is important that you feed this fish when he is hungry. The little fellers like lettuce, sprouts, spinach, as well as meaty dishes.
Metynnis Lippincottianus tend to enjoy moderate soft water conditions, as well as faintly acidy waters. Metynnis Lippincottianus fish will breed, as well as produce hundreds of eggs at a given time. The eggs usually hatch in a few days. Prepare for an army.
Shreitmueller or Metynnis Hypsauchen originates from Amazon Basin areas. The fish grow 6 inches in size a have strong pressed oval shaped bodies. The fish has behaviors similar to the Metynnis Lippincottianus; as well, their feeding patterns, habits, etc are similar. In addition, Metynnis Hypsauchen has similar water condition demands as that of the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish.
The only significant differ between the Metynnis Lippincottianus fish and the Hypsauchen is that these fish lay thousands of eggs in one hatching. This requires that you prepare for a larger army, which the hatchlings must have a water temperature at 82 degrees.
This fish group is commonly known as the Black Tetra. The fish is also known as the Petticoat and Blackamoor Fish. Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi come from Bolivia, Argentina, and Brazil and grows up to 2 inches in size.
The fan-like fins, anal, and dorsal is often black. The jet-black species have 2-vertical black coated bars that line the silver sides, or flanks. This is a good tank fish; however, the fish have instincts to nibble at other fish fins. The fish enjoy dry foods, as well as a variety of foodstuff. Gymnocorymbus Ternetzi does not place a high demand on the water conditions. The water temperature should remain at 68 degrees or 70 degrees Fahrenheit. You can breed these fish in moderately hard waters or neutral waters. The fish lay hundreds of eggs, which hatch in one day. Hatchlings require infusoria foodstuff at the start.
Pristella Maxillaris otherwise known as X-ray fish, Pristella, or Goldfinch come from the Northern South American areas. The fish only grow around 1 and half inches in size. Pristella have transparent bodies. This fish is ideal for commune tanks, since the fish is passive in nature.
Pristella Maxillaris will feast on all foods, and require water conditions or temperature set between 72 degrees and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. This fish lays up to 500 eggs and is one of the easier to breed specimen. The hatchlings are usually delivered in one day.
In all you will find a wide array of fish at pet stores. Each specimen has its own needs, yet many are similar in nature. Additional fish include the Hemigrammus Erythrozonus species, Hyphessobrycon Flammeus breeds, and the Paracheirodon innesi. Hyphessobrycon Pulchripinnis is specie available. If you are just starting out avoid the Piranhas and the Characin species. The carnivores will eat other fish, as well as fleshy dishes. Piranhas are better left for fish experts to maintain.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesTaking Care of the Bizarre Fish
Sailfin Mollies belong to the family of Poeciliida. The fish has long dorsal fins, which are raised high. The Molly species tend to arrive from the river estuary and coastal zones of Yucatan. You can purchase a selection of these fish in pet stores. (more)Some Tips for Fish Care
Currently there is more than 20,000 fish, which to instruct you on care would be time consuming. Therefore, we will cover the basics in tank management to provide you a bit of help. (more)Related Articles
- About Catfish
- Marine Fish - Keep an Aquarium with Marine Fishes
- All about Filters and Your Fish Tank
- Upkeep Of The Loach Fish
- Tropical Fish Diseases: Understanding the Ailments of Tropical Fish
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- The Mollies and Guppy Fish
- Caring For The Pomacentridae Family Of Fishes
- Fish Care - How to Care for Goldfish
- Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
- Basic Tips For Fish Care
- Giving Help For Newbie Fish Owners
- Coldwater Fish Are Good Starter Fish
- Learn about the Barb Fishes
- Learn about Betta Fish Facts - Breeding and Care.
- Catfish Care
- Beginners Guide to Fish Care
- Aquarium And Fish Care Tips
- Undestand How To Care For Barbs And Puntius
- Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
- Choosing The Right Tropical Fish For Your Aquarium
- Owning a Tropical Fish Aquarium
- Getting Freshwater Fish for Newbies
- Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
- Filtration System for Your Fish Tank
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- The Gasteropelecidae Fish
- All About Freshwater Fish
- The Interesting Leopard Filefish
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- The Killifish Fish and Loach Fish
- Adding Extras to Your Fish Tank
- Exploring Different Fishes
Tetris fish come in a wide variety, which include the Paracheirodon Axelrodi. The fish has a common name known as Cardinal Tetra. This fish type grows 1 ¼ inches in size and comes from the Upper Rio Negro, Columbia, and Brazil. (more)Aquarium Needs and Fish Care Needs
After you have purchased your aquarium, filters, heaters, gravel, floss, buffers, food, fish, and so on, you will need to learn how to clean and care for the fish. (more)Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
In all there are more than 20,000 types of fish. There is virtually no way possible anyone can outline how to care for fish and aquariums in a single group of articles. About the best that anyone can do is give you a few basic concepts, care instructions, etc. (more)How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
Angelfish are some of the prettiest tropical fish, which have dark blue lips that offset a golden-yellow body. The three-spot angelfish comes from the West Pacific oceans, as well as the Indian oceans. (more)Angelfish Care - Create an Aquarium For Angelfish
Angelfish is a large breed. The Pterophyllum spp. Cichlidae family includes the black Angel come from the Amazon Basin. As well, the fish are found in Orinoco and Rio Tapajos. Angelfish are choice aquarium fish, since the breeds will feast on huge live bait. (more)
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- The Different Kinds of Rabbit Care and Tips
- Green Iguana Care
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- How to Take Care of Ant Farm
- Taking Care Of The Hemigrammus Species
- Basic of Iguana Care
- Horse Care - The Basic Information of Horse Care
- What Is The Brachydanio Fish
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Teach Children to Care for Pets - Preventing Animal Abuse
- Consider Your Horse Insurance Options Carefully
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Iguanas Care - Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- How to Care for an African Carp
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- How to Care for a Hypoallergenic Dog
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony, Horse. But you Have to Take Care of Them
- The Basic Of Iguana Care