Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
If you want something new for your house, think about fish and aquariums... big aquariums, because they go with these times' fashion.
The little golden fish wondering alone around his bowl seems to be long forgotten. Instead of the little bowl, there are now huge aquariums, mounted on the walls or even enclosed in them, containing lots of colored fish, sand, lights, little stones and aquatic vegetation. Optionally you can choose a little castle of house to make the décor unique and fantasy-lie.
This idea has been adopted from restaurants, clubs or other public locations, but now it applies to homes of animal lovers, fish lovers especially.
You have decided to adopt fish because you like them or because you heard they bring prosperity and well-living to your life. Either way, you have to know how to take care of them because they are not just a decorative object; they are living beings that can't take care of themselves.
They are going to need your full attention and care, they will totally depend on you. Here is some general advice, general because each species act differently and has different needs:
What do we need?
We need an aquarium, a thermometer, a heating system, a water filter, and plants to oxygenate the water, sand and little stones, and a source of light for the plants.
How do we actually do it?
Before placing the fish in the aquarium, the water needs to be left alone 24 hours and its temperature has to be of a minimum of 22-23 Celsius (it can differ for some species). The water is not changed all at the same time, it needs to be changes in several stages, 20% on each stage.
How do we feed fish?
Twice a day, we give them the dried food, the life food or the frozen one, depending on the species.
How do we treat sick fish?
The most common illness encountered amongst fish has as an exterior effect the apparition of some white pits on the flippers of the fish. In such situations, treatments are administrated in the aquarium to prevent the illness from spreading to the other fish too. For the right treatment, you have to go to a fish heath shop.
Another rule in fish illnesses of any type is to just raise the temperature of the water in the aquarium and to dissolve some salt in it.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesTaking Care of Dangerous Fishes
Characidae belongs to the Ostariophysi species. The fish have small adipose or connective tissues or fins. The fish have jaws, which include teeth. Characidae also has Weberian small bony structure (Ossicles), which links to the bladder and inner area of the fish’s ear. (more)Tropical Fish Diseases: Understanding the Ailments of Tropical Fish
There are several other tropical fish diseases as well to consider. Making sure that your aquarium's water is kept well for the species of fish that you are keeping is the most common oversight that causes these tropical fish ailments. (more)Related Articles
- Beginners Guide to Fish Care
- Create an Aquarium For Angelfishs
- Basic Tips For Fish Care
- Choosing The Right Tropical Fish For Your Aquarium
- How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
- Learn How to Treat Tetra Species
- Exploring Different Fishes
- Keep an Aquarium with Marine Fishes
- Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
- Learn about the Barb Fishes
- All about Filters and Your Fish Tank
- The Gasteropelecidae Fish
- Some Tips for Fish Care
- Coldwater Fish Are Good Starter Fish
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
- The Guide to Owning a Tropical Fish Aquarium
- The Killifish and Loach Fish
- Undestand How To Care For Barbs And Puntius
- Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
- Fish Care - How to Care for Goldfish
- About Freshwater Fish
- Learn about Betta Fish
- The Interesting Leopard Filefish
- What Is The Brachydanio Fish
- Freshwater Fish for Newbies
- Caring For Catfish
- Taking Care of the Bizarre Fish
- Aquarium Needs and Fish Care Needs
- Aquarium And Fish Care Tips
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- Learn How To Keep A Silver Dollar
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- The Mollies and Guppy Fish
Members of the Pomacentridae family include the Amphiprion Rubrocinctus and the Amphiprion Ocellaris. The Amphiprion Rubrocinctus is better known as the Clown Anemone Fish. The second fish is commonly referred to the Red-Gridled Anemone. (more)Adding Extras to Your Fish Tank
After you have purchased your aquarium, filters, heaters, gravel, floss, buffers, food, fish, and so on, you will need to learn how to clean and care for the fish. When you purchase your tank, you will also want to buy a gravel, plants.. (more)Upkeep of the Loach Fish
Loach fish come from the family of Cobitidae, Acanthophthalmus Semicinctus, and the Botia Macracantha group. Online you will find helpful information that will inform you about the different types of fish, which in this article we will cover, a small selection. (more)Giving Help For Newbie Fish Owners
Currently there is more than 20,000 fish, which to instruct you on care would be time consuming. Therefore, we will cover the basics in tank management to provide you a bit of help. (more)How to Manage Catfish
Catfish include the body of Siluridae, which is actually off springs of the Catfish. The European catfish, including the naked skinned fish is kin to the Asiatic group. (more)
- Some Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Pet Reptiles - Having Reptiles as Pets
- Stores to Buy Exotic Pets from
- Purchasing Exotic Pets Online
- How Much Does Health Insurance for Pets Cover
- Insurance for Pets
- How to Handle Indoor Pets
- The Temperature for Your Exotic Pet
- Choose Vitamins for Pets
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- All About Catfish
- Filtration System for Your Fish Tank
- The Evolution of Pets
- Having Insects As Pets
- Kingdom of Pets - The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Preventing Animal Abuse by Teaching Children to Care for Pets
- Getting Eye Health Insurance for Your Pet
- Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania