Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
If you want something new for your house, think about fish and aquariums... big aquariums, because they go with these times' fashion.
The little golden fish wondering alone around his bowl seems to be long forgotten. Instead of the little bowl, there are now huge aquariums, mounted on the walls or even enclosed in them, containing lots of colored fish, sand, lights, little stones and aquatic vegetation. Optionally you can choose a little castle of house to make the décor unique and fantasy-lie.
This idea has been adopted from restaurants, clubs or other public locations, but now it applies to homes of animal lovers, fish lovers especially.
You have decided to adopt fish because you like them or because you heard they bring prosperity and well-living to your life. Either way, you have to know how to take care of them because they are not just a decorative object; they are living beings that can't take care of themselves.
They are going to need your full attention and care, they will totally depend on you. Here is some general advice, general because each species act differently and has different needs:
What do we need?
We need an aquarium, a thermometer, a heating system, a water filter, and plants to oxygenate the water, sand and little stones, and a source of light for the plants.
How do we actually do it?
Before placing the fish in the aquarium, the water needs to be left alone 24 hours and its temperature has to be of a minimum of 22-23 Celsius (it can differ for some species). The water is not changed all at the same time, it needs to be changes in several stages, 20% on each stage.
How do we feed fish?
Twice a day, we give them the dried food, the life food or the frozen one, depending on the species.
How do we treat sick fish?
The most common illness encountered amongst fish has as an exterior effect the apparition of some white pits on the flippers of the fish. In such situations, treatments are administrated in the aquarium to prevent the illness from spreading to the other fish too. For the right treatment, you have to go to a fish heath shop.
Another rule in fish illnesses of any type is to just raise the temperature of the water in the aquarium and to dissolve some salt in it.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesChoosing The Right Tropical Fish For Your Aquarium
Bolivian Rams, Jaguars and Zebras make you think of farms and jungles, but these are a few of the names of over 4000 species of tropical coldwater fish that come from all over the world. For those interested in keeping fish, tropical freshwater fish are the best choice. (more)Taking Care of Dangerous Fishes
Characidae belongs to the Ostariophysi species. The fish have small adipose or connective tissues or fins. The fish have jaws, which include teeth. Characidae also has Weberian small bony structure (Ossicles), which links to the bladder and inner area of the fish’s ear. (more)Related Articles
- All about Filters and Your Fish Tank
- Learn How to Treat Tetra Species
- About Catfish
- Angelfish Care - Create an Aquarium For Angelfish
- Freshwater Fish for Newbies
- The Mollies and Guppy Fish
- Learn How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
- Some Aquarium And Fish Care Tips
- Fish Care - How to Care for Goldfish
- The Gasteropelecidae Fish
- Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
- Caring For The Pomacentridae Family Of Fishes
- The Interesting Leopard Filefish
- Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
- Some Tips for Fish Care
- Upkeep Of The Loach Fish
- Exploring Different Fishes
- Taking Care of the Bizarre Fish
- Learn about Betta Fish Facts - Breeding and Care.
- The Killifish and Loach Fish
- Owning a Tropical Fish Aquarium
- About Freshwater Fish
- Beginners Guide to Fish Care
- Learn about the Barb Fishes
- Catfish Care
- Newbie Fish Owners - Giving Help For Newbie Fish Owners
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
- What Is The Brachydanio Fish
- Learn How To Keep A Silver Dollar - Fishes
- Tropical Fish Diseases: Understanding the Ailments of Tropical Fish
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- Adding Extras to Your Fish Tank
Marine fish include the Acanthurus leucosternon and Acanthurus lineadae. The first breed is the Powder Blue Surgeonfish. The Surgeonfish come from the family of Acanthuridae, which dwells in the tropical Indo-Pacific Oceans. (more)Aquarium Needs and Fish Care Needs
After you have purchased your aquarium, filters, heaters, gravel, floss, buffers, food, fish, and so on, you will need to learn how to clean and care for the fish. (more)Barbs And Puntius Fish Care
Akin to the Puntius Conchonius is the Puntius Nigrofasciatus group. These fish are commonly called the Purple Head Barbs or the Black Ruby. The fish group comes from Ceylon and grows around 2 ½ inches in size. (more)Harlequin Fish Care - Caring for Harlequin Pet Fish
Harlequin fish or Rasbora Heteromorpha groups come from Thailand, Sumatra, and the Malayas. The fish are smaller breeds. Harlequin fish is one of the aquarium keeper favorites, since the fish have colorful figures. (more)Basic Tips For Fish Care
Fish care depends on the type of fish, which include saltwater fish (Marine Fish) and freshwater fish. (Non-Marine Fish). The type of aquarium also depends on the type of fish you intend to raise. (more)
- Pet Reptiles - Having Reptiles as Pets
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Kingdom of Pets - The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Having Insects As Pets
- About Reptile Pets - Snakes
- The Temperature for Your Exotic Pet
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- Purchasing Exotic Pets Online
- Having Rabbit as a Pet
- Looking into a Filtration System for Your Fish Tank
- How to Choose Vitamins for Your Pets
- Some Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- All about Pets Health Insurance
- How to Handle Indoor Pets
- Health Insurance for Pets
- Why Spiders Are So Popular As Pets