Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
The Catfish Solutions
Catfish are good eating critters; as well, some of these fish will gulp down other fish. Catfish is an all time favorite, yet few catfish are more difficult to maintain than other catfish are. Since many catfish are available, we will discuss a handful, or tank full to decide on the choice aquarium fish.
Few of the choice catfish include the Black Spotted Corydoras. First, I want to say that aquarists purchase catfish, since these are the best fish for cleaning photosynthetic organisms (Algae) from tanks. Catfish will also cleanse the tank of debris, such as dead fish, etc.
The spotted catfish comes from Venezuela and Guiana, which this particular specie grows to be 2 ½ inches in size. The silvery fish has diminutive black spots over his body. Black Spotted Catfish are noted by the nap of his neck, which is shaped like a wedge, which the mark contrasts the black stripes around the head and eyes. The Black Spotted catfish has a good behavior, in that he will not assault, mistreat, or interfere with the life of other fish. Like the Bronze Corydoras catfish, the Black Spotted fish takes delight in Tubifex and white worms. The fish will also dried foodstuffs.
The Peppered Corydoras listed in the Corydoras paleatus section comes from La Plata Basin and Brazil. This fish grows 2 ¾ in size and has an olive brown colored body. The fish also has shadowy black marks over his body, which is small in count. This fish is commonly found with the Corydoras aeneus group. In summary, the catfish enjoys the same delights, as well as water conditions and works to remove unwarranted debris and algae from tank water. This catfish is inbreeding of the albino strains.
The Peppered catfish frequently moves his eyes appearing to watch onlookers’ stair at him. In addition, the Peppered catfish handles communal tank water well.
What he eats
Peppered Catfish feast on white worms, dried foods, and Tubifex.
Alkalinity water is one of the Peppered Catfish choices, as long as the water condition is neutral. Hard water in moderation maintains a happy Peppered Corydoras Catfish. NaC1 as well as saltwater is not preferred by most Corydoras Catfish.
Kin to the Peppered Catfish is the Leopard Corydoras. The Leopard fish received its name in the early 1900s, by Steindachner; and is found in the Corydoras julii group. The fish comes from the Lower Amazons, specifically near the Tributary regions. This catfish grows to 2 ½ inches in size. Leopard Catfish has a silver-gray frame, which crosses and is set off dark spotted stripes. The fish handles communal tank water just fine. His nature is peaceful. The fish prefers the same water conditions and feeding as that of the other Corydoras Catfish species.
These particular species come from the northern and central parts of South America, which fit the category of armor catfish. The fish are family to the Callichthyidae family. On the side of this, fish are several bony plates. In fact, most of the catfish’s body is protected by bony plates. The fish’s mouth is located beneath his flat head, which is encircled by wide rounded lips. This species is also called the sucking fish.
Loricariidae Catfish is one of the all-time favorites, since the fish will feast on algae. The fish will remove algae from rocks, glass, plants, etc. Aquarists should have one of these fish, since the species will cutback on your responsibilities to clean the tank. Still, you must clean the tank, since the Loricariidae will not rid the tank of complete contaminants. He will however remove debris and algae too large degree.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesMarine Fish - Keep an Aquarium with Marine Fishes
Marine fish include the Acanthurus leucosternon and Acanthurus lineadae. The first breed is the Powder Blue Surgeonfish. The Surgeonfish come from the family of Acanthuridae, which dwells in the tropical Indo-Pacific Oceans. (more)Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
How to Care for Dangerous Fish: Characidae belongs to the Ostariophysi species. The fish have small adipose or connective tissues or fins. The fish have jaws, which include teeth. Characidae also has Weberian small bony structure (Ossicles), which links to the bladder and inner area of the fish’s ear. (more)Related Articles
- Maintaining a Freshwater Aquarium
- The Water In Your Aquarium
- How to Manage Catfish
- Aquarium Upkeep Basics
- Choosing The Right Tropical Fish For Your Aquarium
- Setting Up Your First Aquarium
- How to Care for African Carp Aquarium
- All About Catfish
- Catfish Care
- The Tools You Need to Maintain an Aquarium
- Adding Extras to Your Fish Tank
- Learn How to Treat Tetra Species
- About Freshwater Fish
- Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
- Some Tips for Fish Care
- Barbs And Puntius Fish Care
- Newbie Fish Owners - Giving Help For Newbie Fish Owners
- Coldwater Fish Are Good Starter Fish
- Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- Taking Care of Dangerous Fishes
- Caring For The Pomacentridae Family Of Fishes
- Learn How To Keep A Silver Dollar
- Taking Care of the Bizarre Fish
- How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
- Learn about Betta Fish
- The Gasteropelecidae Fish
- Basic Tips For Fish Care
- Information on Harlequin Fish Care
- The Mollies and Guppy Fish
- Learn about the Barb Fishes
- Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
- The Killifish Fish and Loach Fish
- Exploring Different Fishes
- What Is The Brachydanio Fish
Are you interested in starting your own aquarium for tropical fish? Observing a colorful aquarium of fish is both interesting and relaxing. (more)Create an Aquarium For Angelfishs
Angelfish is a large breed. The Pterophyllum spp. Cichlidae family includes the black Angel come from the Amazon Basin. As well, the fish are found in Orinoco and Rio Tapajos. Angelfish are choice aquarium fish, since the breeds will feast on huge live bait. (more)Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
Hemigrammus Erythrozonus is a friendly fish that dwells well with other fish, excluding the aggressive fish. In addition, Hemigrammus Erythrozonus will eat most foods. (more)Some Aquarium And Fish Care Tips
Today’s aquariums are the green colored ecosystems, which is going in many homes worldwide. Due to air and water, pollution people are trying harder than ever to preserve what is left of nature. (more)Aquarium Needs and Fish Care Needs
After you have purchased your aquarium, filters, heaters, gravel, floss, buffers, food, fish, and so on, you will need to learn how to clean and care for the fish. (more)
- How to Care for a Pet Ferret
- How to Take Care of Cats
- Taking Care of Hemigrammus Species
- Horse Care - The Basic Information of Horse Care
- All about Filters and Your Fish Tank
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- How to Care for Baby Iguanas
- Iguanas Care - Essential Component Of Iguana Care
- Taking Care of a Green Iguana
- How to Take Care of Your Cats
- The Interesting Leopard Filefish
- Tropical Fish Diseases: Understanding the Ailments of Tropical Fish
- Choosing an Uncommon Pet. Lizard, Pony or Horse
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- How to Care for Your Turtle
- Upkeep Of The Loach Fish
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Three Necessities You Must Have for Rabbit Care
- Horse Insurance Options
- How to Take Care of Ant Farm