Things to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
George was fascinated with reptiles at a very young age. This all started when the school went on a field trip to the zoo and was immediately followed a book entitled "Creepy Crawly Things" given at the end of the tour.
This fascination became a reality when George's parents purchased a tarantula at the local pet store. This creature belongs to the arachnid family because of the venomous fangs that are used to kill prey.
The tarantula loves to eat fresh meat. Unlike other spiders that usually eat whatever gets trapped in the web, this one waits in a certain spot and ambushes the prey. The victims are usually insects, other spiders, birds and amphibians.
Since it is quite difficult to catch these creatures, the best place to get them is from an exotic pet supply shop.
The first thing any owner must provide is shelter for the pet. The tarantula should be placed in a glass aquarium with some rocks or old wood to make it feel comfortable in its environment. This will cost an average of $40 and is very easy for anyone to set up.
Some jell should also be purchased to give the spider some liquids together with live insects such as crickets or worms as part of its diet. This doesn't hurt the wallet that much since the tarantula is only fed once a week.
Tarantulas are nocturnal animals so having a small lamp installed will be just right to give it some warmth in its home. The owner should make sure that it doesn't exceed 30 degrees, which could be too much for the spider to handle.
Even if many Americans prefer to have dogs, cats or fish as pets, there are many who prefer to have spiders instead. These eight-legged creatures are not noisy compared to other animals, don't produce any harmful odors from urine or feces and are easy to maintain.
The price for a tarantula on the market ranges from $20 to $50. This will depend on the type, the gender and age when it was purchased. The exotic pet supply store also carries books of how to take care of this kind of spider.
Deciding to own a tarantula or any other exotic pet is a huge responsibility. It will be a good idea to do some research first and know the dos and don'ts in order to have fun with this creature around.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhat You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not really that difficult nowadays, but if you are considering to get an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet
Some people are interested in exotic pets because of their uniqueness and maybe because they have gotten tired of their ordinary pets. Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet. (more)Related Articles
- Be Careful When Rescuing an Exotic Pet
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Exotic Pet Tarantula - Tarantula Pet Care
- The Temperature for Your Exotic Pet
- A License for Your Exotic Pet
- Getting an Exotic Pet
- Finding The Right Exotic Animal
- How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- The Different Exotic Animal Behavior
- Food for Exotic Pets
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- Caring for Exotic Pets
- Learn to Tame an Exotic Animal
- How to Adopt Exotic Pets
- Making Your Exotic Pet Happy
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Finding The Right Vet For Your Exotic Animal
- Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
- Getting the Right Price for Your Exotic Animal
- Exotic Pet Alligator
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- Getting a License for Your Exotic Pet
- Saving Exotic Animals
- Name an Exotic Pet
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not very that intricate today, but if you are considering to buy an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
Ferrets are cute and long furred creatures. Known to be friendlier and more playful than cats, it is no wonder that many consider ferrets to be ideal pets. (more)How to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
Many people are attracted by exotic pets. It makes them feel unique and different. Bring an exotic pet into home. (more)Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
Do you intend to go to an auction to buy an exotic pet? That could be a wise move, because for sure, you are going to see lots of wonderful species there. (more)An Exotic Pet Cat
Have you ever considered living with an exotic cat? If you have, you aren't alone. Many people love to take care of exotic animals like cougars. (more)
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- What to Consider when Buying a Bird
- Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
- Things To Look Out For When Buying From A Breeder Of Pets
- Training an Exotic Pet
- How to Buy Online Pet Products
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Rabbit
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- Buying a Litter Box for Your Pet
- Make A Perfect Home For Your Exotic Animal
- Different Information of Buying and Selling a Horse
- Purchase Exotic Pets Online
- Where You Can Buy an Iguana Habitat
- Learn about Exotic Pet Breeders
- Ways to Buy a Good Horse
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks