Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Giving Your Exotic Pet a Name
Having a pet is just like having a baby. Pet owners take much time and effort in giving names to their pets much like they would do with their own children. Getting the right name for an ordinary or an exotic pet would give more distinction and personality to the pet.
It is hard enough to choose an ordinary pet and choosing an exotic pet makes the choice doubly difficult. It is always important to think twice before choosing an exotic pet because they are more difficult to take care of than ordinary pets.
The first thing to consider when choosing an exotic pet is your degree of commitment to the pet. Owning and taking care of an exotic pet is no joke and one should always be prepared for challenges. Exotic pets are also more expensive to take care of since they have special needs and requirements.
Once you have chosen an exotic pet, the next part is to decide on its name. Like most people, your exotic pet will be known for its name for as long as its life span, so be careful when giving your exotic pet a name.
Choosing a proper name for an exotic pet can be quite hard but every exotic pet owner can do that with proper research and a little creativity. Make sure the name you choose for your exotic pet is appropriate and can easily be recognized by the pet. The purpose for naming the pet is to have something to call him by which will make him respond so don't give the exotic pet difficult names.
The name given to an exotic pet will distinguish it from the other household pets. Giving short and easy to recall names can be an important factor in making the exotic pet conscious and responsive to the owner's training and commands.
Pet experts believe that a pet that is given a wrong and inappropriate name can lead to difficulties in training and behavioral patterns. The pet will also have a difficult time recognizing his own name and won't be as responsive to the owner had he been given the proper name.
Names with one syllable are ideal because they are easily recognized by pets. Remember that you are naming an exotic pet and not a person. Even people will have a problem when they are given difficult sounding names so keep the name of your exotic pet as simple as possible.
Choosing one-syllable names that sounds the same with training commands like sit, talk and come will make the exotic pet easier to train. Also avoid giving your exotic pet a name that can cause embarrassment to both of you and even your neighbors.
Today, it is common and acceptable to name pets after humans. Words of caution though; never give identical names to your child and your pet or else, both of them may come at the same time when you call them. Worse, this may cause embarrassment to your child.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHealth Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
While it is true that only one or two percent of pet owners feel the need to invest in pet insurance, as an exotic pet owner, it is an unwritten, mandatory thing to have proper pet insurance. (more)Breeding Exotic Animals
Are you fond of pleasing concern of exotic pets? Do you have intensive awareness of animals and breeding it? If you do, you can deem being an exotic pet breeder. (more)Related Articles
- Training an Exotic Pet
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- Making Your Exotic Pet Happy
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- How to Adopt Exotic Pets
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Exotic Pet Alligator
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- Saving Exotic Animals
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
- Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet
- How to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
- Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- Tips on Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Tarantula
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Learn How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
- Getting the Right Price for Exotic Animals
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Rabbit
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- Caring for Exotic Pets
- The Right Vet for Your Exotic Animal
- When Rescuing an Exotic Pet!
- Purchase Exotic Pets Online
Acquiring and maintaining exotic pets are not really that difficult nowadays, but if you are considering to get an exotic pet, you must first ask yourself some questions. (more)Getting an Exotic Pet
While having an exotic pet can be quite rewarding, choosing the best exotic pet for you can be very confusing. The best exotic pet for you is one that is legal. (more)Finding The Right Exotic Animal
The best exotic pet for you is one that you can keep, and for this to happen, you should know as much as you can, what you necessary to make this happen. (more)Make A Perfect Home For Your Exotic Animal
For other people's safety, you might want to put your exotic pet in a faintly solitary region, far from children who may be better off not mingling with them. Keep the exotic pet faint but still viewable. (more)Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks
There are people who prefer to take care of exotic pets like mollusks. Mollusks may sound like something rare but they are really common creatures of the sea that are protected with shells. (more)
- License for Exotic Pets
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- How to Buy Exotic Animals
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- The Temperature for Exotic Pets - Habitat Temperature
- Tame an Exotic Animal
- Giving Your Pet a Good Name
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Getting a License for Your Exotic Pet
- Different Exotic Animal Behavior