Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Giving Your Exotic Pet a Name
Having a pet is just like having a baby. Pet owners take much time and effort in giving names to their pets much like they would do with their own children. Getting the right name for an ordinary or an exotic pet would give more distinction and personality to the pet.
It is hard enough to choose an ordinary pet and choosing an exotic pet makes the choice doubly difficult. It is always important to think twice before choosing an exotic pet because they are more difficult to take care of than ordinary pets.
The first thing to consider when choosing an exotic pet is your degree of commitment to the pet. Owning and taking care of an exotic pet is no joke and one should always be prepared for challenges. Exotic pets are also more expensive to take care of since they have special needs and requirements.
Once you have chosen an exotic pet, the next part is to decide on its name. Like most people, your exotic pet will be known for its name for as long as its life span, so be careful when giving your exotic pet a name.
Choosing a proper name for an exotic pet can be quite hard but every exotic pet owner can do that with proper research and a little creativity. Make sure the name you choose for your exotic pet is appropriate and can easily be recognized by the pet. The purpose for naming the pet is to have something to call him by which will make him respond so don't give the exotic pet difficult names.
The name given to an exotic pet will distinguish it from the other household pets. Giving short and easy to recall names can be an important factor in making the exotic pet conscious and responsive to the owner's training and commands.
Pet experts believe that a pet that is given a wrong and inappropriate name can lead to difficulties in training and behavioral patterns. The pet will also have a difficult time recognizing his own name and won't be as responsive to the owner had he been given the proper name.
Names with one syllable are ideal because they are easily recognized by pets. Remember that you are naming an exotic pet and not a person. Even people will have a problem when they are given difficult sounding names so keep the name of your exotic pet as simple as possible.
Choosing one-syllable names that sounds the same with training commands like sit, talk and come will make the exotic pet easier to train. Also avoid giving your exotic pet a name that can cause embarrassment to both of you and even your neighbors.
Today, it is common and acceptable to name pets after humans. Words of caution though; never give identical names to your child and your pet or else, both of them may come at the same time when you call them. Worse, this may cause embarrassment to your child.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
Many people are attracted by exotic pets. It makes them feel unique and different. Bring an exotic pet into home. (more)Breeding Exotic Animals
Are you fond of pleasing concern of exotic pets? Do you have intensive awareness of animals and breeding it? If you do, you can deem being an exotic pet breeder. (more)Related Articles
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- The Temperature for Exotic Pets - Habitat Temperature
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Be Careful When Rescuing an Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- How to Buy Exotic Animals
- Make a Perfect Home for Your Exotic Animal
- Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Training an Exotic Animal
- A License for Your Exotic Pet
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- Getting the Right Price for Your Exotic Animal
- Learn to Tame an Exotic Animal
- Saving Exotic Animals
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
- An Exotic Pet Rabbit
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- The Right Vet for Your Exotic Animal
- Purchase Exotic Pets Online
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- Food for Exotic Pets
- The Different Exotic Animal Behavior
- Getting License for Exotic Pets
- Find The Right Exotic Animal
- Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks
While having an exotic pet can be quite rewarding, choosing the best exotic pet for you can be very confusing. The best exotic pet for you is one that is legal. (more)How to Adopt Exotic Pets
Adopting exotic pets isn't as easy as taking home a puppy or a kitten. Exotic pets tend to have different needs both physically and legally. If you're looking to adopt an exotic pet in your home.. (more)An Exotic Pet Cat
Have you ever considered living with an exotic cat? If you have, you aren't alone. Many people love to take care of exotic animals like cougars. (more)About Exotic Pet Breeders
If you are looking for an exotic pet like an iguana, you should look for reputable pet shops or exotic pet breeders. Iguanas are perfect exotic pets for teens. Ask the exotic pet breeder about the iguana's adaptation to any kind of environment. (more)Exotic Pet Tarantula
There are many exotic pets that you can choose from. And for some, a tarantula is the best one on the list. If you want to get a tarantula for an exotic pet, here is a guide on which one to choose. (more)
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- How to keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- What You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
- Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Learn How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- Caring for Exotic Pets
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Making Your Exotic Pet Happy
- Giving Your Pet a Good Name
- Exotic Pet Alligator
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet