Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Making Your Exotic Pet Happy
There are many exotic pets that can be raised at home. Given the many possibilities, Michael decided to get something that didn't require that much maintenance. After examining what was available in the pet store, the decision came down to a toad named Ernie.
Ernie is known as an Oriental Fire Bellied Toad. The name is derived from its physical features, which can only be found in certain parts of Southeast Asia.
What is the key to make exotic animals like this toad happy? In simple words, tender loving care. Since this is easier said and done, here are some pointers;
1. The first will be to find an appropriate home for the pet. Since toads love the water, getting an aquarium will be best. This is because this is the most ideal environment resembling the swamp.
Water should only be filled between two to four inches from the bottom of the tank so that rocks can also be placed for the toad to get some warmth from artificial light or the sun. The water should be dechlorinated for at least a day before putting the toad in. This is because the acidity could affect the health of the pet less than a day after it is brought home from the store.
2. The aquarium will get dirty after a few days. Part of the responsibility of owning a pet is cleaning up the mess. The owner can install a filter to suck dirt but changing the water is still the best way to make sure it is safe for the toad.
3. Toads love to eat worms, insects or small fishes. The owner can get these from the pet store and offer them on a regular basis dyed with multivitamins to make it always feel healthy and strong.
Toads don't have to be fed daily. This should be done only two to three times a week since giving too much can make the pet overweight.
Exotic animals need a lot of attention just like having a dog or a cat. It will be a good idea to read up and do some research first instead of doing it through trial and error.
The average life span of this kind a toad is between 10 to 15 years. This just goes to show that with proper care, Michael can make Ernie happy and in return they will spend a long time together.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGetting an Exotic Pet
While having an exotic pet can be quite rewarding, choosing the best exotic pet for you can be very confusing. The best exotic pet for you is one that is legal. (more)How to Adopt Exotic Pets
Adopting exotic pets isn't as easy as taking home a puppy or a kitten. Exotic pets tend to have different needs both physically and legally. If you're looking to adopt an exotic pet in your home.. (more)Related Articles
- Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- The Different Exotic Animal Behavior
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- License for Exotic Pets
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Know Your Exotic Pet Behavior
- Tame an Exotic Animal
- How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- Caring for Your Exotic Pet
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Tarantula
- Make a Perfect Home for Your Exotic Animal
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Mollusks
- Getting the Right Price for Your Exotic Animal
- Purchase Exotic Pets Online
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Exotic Animal
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- How to Buy Exotic Animals
- Find The Right Exotic Animal
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet
- Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
- How to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
- Getting License for Exotic Pets
- Training an Exotic Pet
- The Temperature for Exotic Pets - Habitat Temperature
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
If you own an exotic pet, check first with your nearest locality about the restrictions in owning them. (more)Exotic Pet Alligator
Baby alligators have been popular as exotic pets. They can be bought in special pet stores and souvenir shops. Some states have made rules against taking care of alligators. (more)Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
Checking out some websites online which specialize in comparing retail prices of the exotic pet you intend to buy is one good way to start a proper canvassing. (more)Health Insurance for Your Exotic Pets
While it is true that only one or two percent of pet owners feel the need to invest in pet insurance, as an exotic pet owner, it is an unwritten, mandatory thing to have proper pet insurance. (more)Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
Are you fond of taking care of exotic pets? Do you have an intensive knowledge of animals and breeding it? If you do, you can consider being an exotic pet breeder. (more)
- Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- Exotic Pet Rabbit
- What You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- When Rescuing an Exotic Pet!
- Saving Exotic Animals
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- Giving Your Exotic Pet a Name
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Finding The Right Vet For Your Exotic Animal
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- Keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats