Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Making Your Exotic Pet Happy
There are many exotic pets that can be raised at home. Given the many possibilities, Michael decided to get something that didn't require that much maintenance. After examining what was available in the pet store, the decision came down to a toad named Ernie.
Ernie is known as an Oriental Fire Bellied Toad. The name is derived from its physical features, which can only be found in certain parts of Southeast Asia.
What is the key to make exotic animals like this toad happy? In simple words, tender loving care. Since this is easier said and done, here are some pointers;
1. The first will be to find an appropriate home for the pet. Since toads love the water, getting an aquarium will be best. This is because this is the most ideal environment resembling the swamp.
Water should only be filled between two to four inches from the bottom of the tank so that rocks can also be placed for the toad to get some warmth from artificial light or the sun. The water should be dechlorinated for at least a day before putting the toad in. This is because the acidity could affect the health of the pet less than a day after it is brought home from the store.
2. The aquarium will get dirty after a few days. Part of the responsibility of owning a pet is cleaning up the mess. The owner can install a filter to suck dirt but changing the water is still the best way to make sure it is safe for the toad.
3. Toads love to eat worms, insects or small fishes. The owner can get these from the pet store and offer them on a regular basis dyed with multivitamins to make it always feel healthy and strong.
Toads don't have to be fed daily. This should be done only two to three times a week since giving too much can make the pet overweight.
Exotic animals need a lot of attention just like having a dog or a cat. It will be a good idea to read up and do some research first instead of doing it through trial and error.
The average life span of this kind a toad is between 10 to 15 years. This just goes to show that with proper care, Michael can make Ernie happy and in return they will spend a long time together.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
Many people are attracted by exotic pets. It makes them feel unique and different. Bring an exotic pet into home. (more)Do Not Overpay for an Exotic Pet
Checking out some websites online which specialize in comparing retail prices of the exotic pet you intend to buy is one good way to start a proper canvassing. (more)Related Articles
- Going to an Auction for Exotic Animals
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- Feeding Your Exotic Pet
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- Exotic Pet Cat
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- Getting License for Exotic Pets
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- Going to an Exotic Pet Auction
- Getting an Exotic Pet
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Getting the Right Price for Exotic Animals
- Exotic Pets Health Insurance - Insurance for Your Pets
- Finding The Right Exotic Animal
- How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- Saving Exotic Animals
- Be Careful When Rescuing an Exotic Pet
- How to Find Exotic Animals
- Learn Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- An Exotic Pet Rabbit
- Tips on Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- How to Buy Exotic Animals
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- How Your Exotic Pet Can Adopt to Your Home
- What You Should Know before Buying an Exotic Pet
- Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- Giving Food for Your Exotic Pet
- Purchasing Exotic Pets Online
- The Right Vet for Your Exotic Animal
- Finding a Store to Buy Exotic Pet
- The Different Exotic Animal Behavior
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
You should be a responsible pet possessor if you expect on having exotic pets. You should judge your lifestyle in verdict the total exotic pet. (more)Training an Exotic Pet
However there are some people who have discovered the joys of charge a fox as a pet. It may surprise to some, but caring for a fox as an exotic pet may not be as testing as it seems. (more)How to Adopt Exotic Pets
Adopting exotic pets isn't as easy as taking home a puppy or a kitten. Exotic pets tend to have different needs both physically and legally. If you're looking to adopt an exotic pet in your home.. (more)Tame an Exotic Animal
There are numerous customs by which you can successfully tame exotic pets. Generally, it depends very on the type of pet that you have and its background. (more)The Temperature for Exotic Pets - Habitat Temperature
Mostly, exotic pets can't live in the same condition such as yours. You first have to know its habitat temperature requirements. (more)
- Know the Way Exotic Animals Behave
- Name an Exotic Pet
- License for Exotic Pets
- Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks
- How to keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- Health Insurance for Exotic Animals
- Learn about Exotic Pet Husbandry
- Exotic Pet Alligator
- Make A Perfect Home For Your Exotic Animal
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Exotic Pet Tarantula
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret