Keeping A Sugar Glider
Sugar gliders make great pets. Not only are the exotic-making them the envy of other pet owners - they are also very social. Sugar gliders are known to bond very well with their owners, and you will very often find the sugar gliders comfortably squeezed in an owners pocket or bonding pouch.
But what are these sugar glitters anyway, and why do they make great pets. Here are a few facts on the sugar glider that should turn the few heads towards their way.
The sugar glider: cute, exotic, friendly Sugar gliders are marsupials. When they are born, they stay in the pouch of their mothers since they are still very immature and unready to go out on their own. They have pantagium, or a membrane that stretches from their ankles up to their wrists. This acts as their gliders, helping them swoop from tree branch to tree branch.
These pantagium, are furry and flexible, allowing the sugar glider movement like normal marsupials. Also they have opposing thumbs which they use to grab on to trunks and branches. Their other fingers are used for grooming.
Sugar gliders are found in Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. In all, they measure 12 inches from head to tail. Their bodies measures 6 inches, while their tails measure another 6 inches. They only weigh about 5 ounces, or 150 g. In captivity, they can live from 10 years to 15 years depending on how they are cared for.
They are nocturnal, so you'll find them sleeping throughout the day. If you carry them along with you often, they will be snug and comfortable in your pocket.
Sugar gliders are very social animals. So you always have to give them constant attention, and groom them often. If you aren't able to take care of them constantly, you may want to consider bringing in another sugar glider to keep them company. However, it is hard to introduce adult sugar gliders, so it is better if you purchase them in pairs.
You can, however, keep them single just as long as you give them constant attention. Make sure that if you do purchase them in pairs, you keep them of the same-sex or they could procreate uncontrollably. You could also give them partners that are of different sexes, just as long as they are neutered.
As mentioned earlier, sugar gliders make great pets because they bond closely with their owners. They are very loyal and will stick with you as often as possible.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhat Are Sugar Gliders
Sugar gliders make great pets. Not only are the exotic-making them the envy of other pet owners - they are also very gathering. Sugar gliders are very social animals. (more)Exotic Pet Rabbit
Rabbits have become a familiar place today because there are people who breed rabbits for matter purposes. Some breed rabbits for their meat while some breed rabbits for reselling. (more)Related Articles
- Information about Pet Basic
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- How to Choose the Right Pet For You
- How to Treat Overweight Pet
- Some Legal Problems with Exotic Pets
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Information on Pet Supplies for Pet Grooming
- Exotic Pet Behavior
- Your Introductory Guide to Pet Insurance
- How to Care for Pet Iguanas
- Pet Health Insurance in Florida
- Getting the Right Temperature to Raise Your Pet
- Some Health Care Information For Your Pet
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- Insurance for Your Pets
- Housing and Feeding Iguanas - Iguana Pet
- The Growing Pet Service Industry
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Pet Insurance for Pampered Pets
- Have a Tarantula as a Pet
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
- Getting A Mollusk
- Are You Ready for an Iguana Pet
- Preventing Animal Abuse by Teaching Children to Care for Pets
- What to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- Insurance for Your Pet Rabbit
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- What You Should Know Before Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- California Pet Health Insurance
- Having Insects As Pets
The key is to do a lot of research when buying a reptiles as pets. Most pet shops will sell the harmless snakes and teach you how to feed them. If you always wanted a snake as a pet when you were a boy, you might choose something a little more exotic. Tips to finding the right snake for you or your child can come in handy when you are faced with the task. (more)How To Pamper Your Pet
This is why one of the supreme ways to pamper your pet is to find them a court. Websites abound, such as Petsdating.com, which will help you to find your pate a meeting from your native matter. (more)How to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
Many people are attracted by exotic pets. It makes them feel unique and different. Bring an exotic pet into home. (more)Why Pet Shots Are Goods
When you were a child you had to have vaccinations at certain points in your life such as measles, tetanus, and other shots. This is important for your pets as well. We will specifically look at dog vaccinations, as they are a very common pet to have. (more)Caring for Your Exotic Pet
You should be a responsible pet possessor if you expect on having exotic pets. You should judge your lifestyle in verdict the total exotic pet. (more)