Keeping A Sugar Glider
Sugar gliders make great pets. Not only are the exotic-making them the envy of other pet owners - they are also very social. Sugar gliders are known to bond very well with their owners, and you will very often find the sugar gliders comfortably squeezed in an owners pocket or bonding pouch.
But what are these sugar glitters anyway, and why do they make great pets. Here are a few facts on the sugar glider that should turn the few heads towards their way.
The sugar glider: cute, exotic, friendly Sugar gliders are marsupials. When they are born, they stay in the pouch of their mothers since they are still very immature and unready to go out on their own. They have pantagium, or a membrane that stretches from their ankles up to their wrists. This acts as their gliders, helping them swoop from tree branch to tree branch.
These pantagium, are furry and flexible, allowing the sugar glider movement like normal marsupials. Also they have opposing thumbs which they use to grab on to trunks and branches. Their other fingers are used for grooming.
Sugar gliders are found in Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. In all, they measure 12 inches from head to tail. Their bodies measures 6 inches, while their tails measure another 6 inches. They only weigh about 5 ounces, or 150 g. In captivity, they can live from 10 years to 15 years depending on how they are cared for.
They are nocturnal, so you'll find them sleeping throughout the day. If you carry them along with you often, they will be snug and comfortable in your pocket.
Sugar gliders are very social animals. So you always have to give them constant attention, and groom them often. If you aren't able to take care of them constantly, you may want to consider bringing in another sugar glider to keep them company. However, it is hard to introduce adult sugar gliders, so it is better if you purchase them in pairs.
You can, however, keep them single just as long as you give them constant attention. Make sure that if you do purchase them in pairs, you keep them of the same-sex or they could procreate uncontrollably. You could also give them partners that are of different sexes, just as long as they are neutered.
As mentioned earlier, sugar gliders make great pets because they bond closely with their owners. They are very loyal and will stick with you as often as possible.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhat Are Sugar Gliders?
Sugar gliders make great pets. Not only are the exotic-making them the envy of other pet owners - they are also very gathering. Sugar gliders are very social animals. (more)A License for Your Exotic Pet
Some people like animals. And some are especially fond of the genuine exotic ones. If in argument the grandeur that you live in does oblige an exotic pet license, you have no option but to comply. (more)Related Articles
- Information on Pet Supplies for Pet Grooming
- Getting Pet Health Insurance in Canada
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- These Are the Supplies You Need for Grooming Your Pet
- What Is Health Insurance For Pets
- Choosing the Right Pet for You
- Supplies You Need To Raise An Exotic Pet
- How Much Does Pet Health Insurance Cover
- Keeping a Spider as Pet
- About the Silky Pet Terrier
- Giving Your Exotic Pet a Name
- About Getting Health Care for Your Exotic Pet
- The Different Kinds of Pet Insects and Spiders
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- It Is a Good Idea to Get Pet Health Insurance
- Getting Pet Health Insurance
- Why Pet Shots Are Goods
- Having Insect As Pets
- Finding the Right Pet Health Insurance
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- Purchase Exotic Pets Online
- About Pet Basic
- Making a Proper Environment for Your Exotic Pet
- Getting Quotes for Pet Health Insurance Online
- How to Care for Your Pet Fox
- Why Spiders Are So Popular As Pets
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Things You Need To Know About Your Pet Health Insurance
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- About Reptile Pets - Snakes
- Pet Insurance: What to Look For
- How to Choose the Right Pet For You
- Having An Exotic Pet Mollusks
- A Look At Health Insurance For Your Pet
Pet health insurance is very important for pet owners because this will somehow ensure that they will have somebody to back them up once the pet becomes ill or got into an accident. (more)Learn How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
Two things may happen when taming an exotic pet. Either you, as the owner, feels great when you succeed in doing so or you may be harmed when otherwise happens. (more)Having Fish as Wonderful Pets
If you want something new for your house, think about fish and aquariums... big aquariums, because they go with these times' fashion. (more)Selecting Multi Vitamins For Your Pet
Vitamins and reserves are very important in a pet's diet. When pet food is primarily made or processed there are vitamins and reserves added. However through the processing stages many of these are perplexed. (more)How to Market Your Pet Health Insurance Plan
Are you in the business of selling insurance for pets? If you are, you must know the importance of coming up with the right pet health insurance marketing plan. There are many ways to go about such plan. (more)