What to Do When Your Puppy Bark Non-Stop in the Middle of the Night
You just had an enjoyable day playing with your new puppy and you badly wanted to have a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, something is causing your puppy to bark non-stop. The noise is waking you and other family members up. It's probably affecting the neighbors too. So what can you do to stop the puppy from barking it's head off?
The first thing you need to do, is to examine the causes. If you are a first time owner, you may be inexperienced in this. Go to where your puppy is and start investigating. There are many reasons that could be causing your puppy from behaving in such a manner.
1) Feeling uncomfortable in a strange environment.
If you have just brought the puppy home, this is a common phenomenon. Dogs, like people, need some time to adjust to its surroundings. Puppies may feel insecure in its new home and to ease such feelings, they start to bark non stop. Try reassuring the puppy and see if it helps. Give it some water and let it sleep with someone in a crate. That will help reassure the puppy.
2) Separation anxiety.
This is perhaps the most common cause. The puppy is separated from the store owner, and is now feeling uncomfortable. The puppy will eventually learn to be independent. But for now, it needs some company.
3) Barking out of boredom.
Some dogs simply bark out of boredom. They have too much residual energy and find it hard to get some rest. If they are constrained with a lease or a crate, they may start barking out of boredom. Give the dog some toys to keep itself occupied. A nylon bone or a rubber ball should do just fine. If the dog stops barking after you offer the toy to it, then you know for sure that your puppy is feeling bored.
4) Attract attention.
Then there are dogs who are attention seekers. They want attention all the time! You have to remember, young puppies are very much like little children. They behave childishly at times. And they don't know that barking in the middle of the night is the wrong thing to do. This is forgivable for a young pup. But if you own a mature dog, you need to find a way to stop this behavior!
5) Puppy is in pain.
The puppy is in pain and needs medical attention. You should be able to detect that something is wrong with the puppy. For example, it isn't as active as it usually is, or it doesn't have much appetite for its favorite food. It is barking to attract attention so that it can get some help. If the condition is severe and you are worried about your pet, seek medical attention immediately.
If the cause is not a medical related one, the problem can easily be solved by giving your puppy some food, toys, or some comfort. When all else fails, use a nose muzzle. This measure is temporary. It helps to prevent disturbance to the neighbors, until you can train it to behave itself properly.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesLabrador Puppy Training
Labrador Puppy Training (more)Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies (more)Related Articles
- Puppy Training - Training Puppies Guide
- Puppy House Training Tips
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- Overview of Positive Training for Barking
- Boxer Puppy Training
- How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
- Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Litter Training a Puppy
- Puppy Training Pads
- Beagle Puppy Training
- House Training a Puppy - Your Training Puppies Guide
- Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- Online Guide to Pet Health Insurance
- Getting to the Bottom of Pet Health Insurance Myths
- Should You Really Get Insurance for Your Pet
- Have a Tarantula as Pet
- How to Tame Your Exotic Pet
- The Growing Pet Service Industry
- How to Get Cheaper Pet Insurance
- Raising an Exotic Pet Ferret
- These Are the Supplies You Need for Grooming Your Pet
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Things to Buy When Raising an Exotic Pet
- Law Regarding Exotic Pets
- Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
- What Is it Like to Become an Exotic Pet Vet
- Pet Health Insurance in The States
- Rodents As Pets
- Health Insurance for Pets in Pennsylvania
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- How Exotic Pets Can Adopt to Your Home
- Tree Frogs as a Pet
The puppy is an adorable creature. If you walk into a pet store with your kids, you will see them going crazy over the little animals. (more)Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
If this is the first time you are training a puppy, never underestimate the problems and responsibilities that could come with the animal. (more)Crate Training Puppies - How to Crate Train Your Puppy
At first glance the task of crate training puppies may seem daunting. There are some things to remember when you crate train a puppy. (more)Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy (more)