What to Do When Your Puppy Bark Non-Stop in the Middle of the Night
You just had an enjoyable day playing with your new puppy and you badly wanted to have a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, something is causing your puppy to bark non-stop. The noise is waking you and other family members up. It's probably affecting the neighbors too. So what can you do to stop the puppy from barking it's head off?
The first thing you need to do, is to examine the causes. If you are a first time owner, you may be inexperienced in this. Go to where your puppy is and start investigating. There are many reasons that could be causing your puppy from behaving in such a manner.
1) Feeling uncomfortable in a strange environment.
If you have just brought the puppy home, this is a common phenomenon. Dogs, like people, need some time to adjust to its surroundings. Puppies may feel insecure in its new home and to ease such feelings, they start to bark non stop. Try reassuring the puppy and see if it helps. Give it some water and let it sleep with someone in a crate. That will help reassure the puppy.
2) Separation anxiety.
This is perhaps the most common cause. The puppy is separated from the store owner, and is now feeling uncomfortable. The puppy will eventually learn to be independent. But for now, it needs some company.
3) Barking out of boredom.
Some dogs simply bark out of boredom. They have too much residual energy and find it hard to get some rest. If they are constrained with a lease or a crate, they may start barking out of boredom. Give the dog some toys to keep itself occupied. A nylon bone or a rubber ball should do just fine. If the dog stops barking after you offer the toy to it, then you know for sure that your puppy is feeling bored.
4) Attract attention.
Then there are dogs who are attention seekers. They want attention all the time! You have to remember, young puppies are very much like little children. They behave childishly at times. And they don't know that barking in the middle of the night is the wrong thing to do. This is forgivable for a young pup. But if you own a mature dog, you need to find a way to stop this behavior!
5) Puppy is in pain.
The puppy is in pain and needs medical attention. You should be able to detect that something is wrong with the puppy. For example, it isn't as active as it usually is, or it doesn't have much appetite for its favorite food. It is barking to attract attention so that it can get some help. If the condition is severe and you are worried about your pet, seek medical attention immediately.
If the cause is not a medical related one, the problem can easily be solved by giving your puppy some food, toys, or some comfort. When all else fails, use a nose muzzle. This measure is temporary. It helps to prevent disturbance to the neighbors, until you can train it to behave itself properly.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesPuppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy (more)Crate Training Puppies - How to Crate Train Your Puppy
At first glance the task of crate training puppies may seem daunting. There are some things to remember when you crate train a puppy. (more)Related Articles
- Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
- Overview of Positive Training for Barking
- Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
- New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
- Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
- Puppy Training Pads
- Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Boxer Puppy Training
- Labrador Puppy Training
- Beagle Puppy Training
- How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Puppy Training - Training Puppies Guide
- Puppy House Training Tips
- Get Pet Health Insurance in California
- Selecting a Pet Hotel
- Make Rodents As Pets
- Preventing Animal Abuse by Teaching Children to Care for Pets
- Selecting Multi Vitamins For Your Pet
- Save Some Money with Petmeds
- Pet Meds Coupons Save You Money
- Comparing Pet Health Insurance
- Getting a Comfortable Place to Sleep for Your Pet
- Finding Pet Insurance for a Low Price
- Getting a Cage for Your Exotic Pet
- Finding the Pet Product
- Advertising Your Pet Health Insurance Company
- How Pet Insurance Can Save the Day
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- How to Handle Indoor Pets
- All about Health Insurance for Pets
- How to Train Your Iguana
- Keeping A Sugar Glider
- Choose to Adopt an Uncommon Pet
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
The puppy is an adorable creature. If you walk into a pet store with your kids, you will see them going crazy over the little animals. (more)Litter Training a Puppy
Litter Training a Puppy (more)House Training a Puppy - Your Training Puppies Guide
A Guide to House Training a Puppy. How to house train a puppy is all about trust and replication. There are probably millions of opinions on how to house train a puppy. (more)Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
Crate training is one of the most effective method that you can use to train your puppy to eliminate according to the schedule that you want. (more)