Different Type of Terrier Breeds
Whatever your dog preference is, you are sure to find terrier dogs among the candidates for a pal. You'll get energy you want with little grooming and added wit.
Basically bred for hunting and killing vermin, Terrier dogs are now known to offer wide spectrum of features and characters that you might find lovable. They are not as cuddly as toy dogs (while there are some terrier dogs in the toy and companion dog brackets) and they may not be as intelligent like other breeds but they set off these lacks with various things that only they can offer.
Let us discuss in brief some of the terrier dog types that you may find interesting:
Less aggressive but definitely not timid. This best describes Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers. They are definitely alert and very spirited, but when the call for steadiness arrives, they are sure to show you some air of confidence and steady disposition.
This dog type too is gifted with intelligence which makes them very responsive with obedience training.
Parson Russell Terrier is a dog type that exhibits boldness, cleverness, affection and exuberant disposition. While many may find this a playful pal, it is still not advisable for everyone to take Parson Russell home. In fact, formal obedience training is a must for owners since this dog type is more likely to display mischievousness and too much playfulness that make this a very independent pet. For people with active lifestyles and those who can tolerate explorative disposition, this scamp is the best for you.
The Norwich Terrier, on the other hand, is a type of dog that resulted from breeding small Terriers with other smaller breeds, possibly Yorkshire Terriers. Maintenance of Norwich Terrier is minimal and they are content with modest living quarters. They have active disposition though and can be affectionate and fearless. Additionally, they are also known to display stocky and happy personalities which make them ideal pals.
Much like the Norwich Terriers, Norfolk Terriers are also well-spirited, fearless, charming and always ready for game. While both may have some similar physical characteristics, Norfolks can still be distinguished through their folds in the ears.
Basically workman-like dogs, Kerry Blue Terriers are excellent watchdogs and work well in farm settings. This dog got its name from its blue-shade coat color which was originally black during puppyhood.
Wire Fox Terriers are of great interest since they display power through its excellent endurance capabilities and speed. Alertness and quick movements are the dominant expressions of this dog type. It is advisable though that the owner trains this dog and should be given enough doses of daily exercises.
Meanwhile, Smooth Fox Terriers are the frolic and lively types of dogs that are ideal in both country and city living. Displaying intelligence and cleverness, this dog makes good trainees and must be well credited by that. They are also likely to show great affection towards their owners.
These are just some of the many terrier dog types that can be considered as your next pets. In general, this dog type has good dispositions and makes ideal home pets. While some may display obscure aggressiveness, this still does not negate the fact that most types have the capacity to develop affection and keen expression of their attachment to their owners. Be warned though that some dog types in this breed can be very playful and should be given enough amount of attention and time during obedience training and exercises.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesStaffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
The Staffordshire bulls are known for their great strength because of their sizes. Their selection is muscular and burly but is also known for their quickness. (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Related Articles
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- The American Pit Bull Terrier
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Boston Terrier Dog
- Wheaten Terriers
- About the Silky Pet Terrier
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- The Many Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Getting A Cairn Terrier
- About the Stafford Bull Terrier
- Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
- Some History of the Yorkshire Terrier
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- All about Breeding Dogs
- Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- Cat Breeds - Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
- Learn about Betta Fish
- Things To Look Out For When Buying From A Breeder Of Pets
Well, if you are looking for a distorted that is quite an unparalleled-in-collection godsend companion, you might gem Long Green Writer Terriers agitative sufficiency. (more)Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
Like most terriers, the Wheaten terriers, or simply called as Wheatens, were originally bred as hunters. Therefore, their physique naturally evolved as strong and healthy. (more)Training Your Terrier Dog
Most people think that training a dog is hard and expensive. Moreover, dog training requires a lot of patience and creativity for your dog. (more)Some Background about the Terrier Dog
Welsh terrier dogs were originally bred as hunting dogs. However, this native breed of Wales soon rose to become show dogs. Breeders attempted to outdo each other by developing the Welsh terrier dogs' wiry coats and coloration. (more)The Variety of Terriers
While terriers may be identified through their prominent physical characteristics, they are still divided into various breeds that separate one kind from another. (more)
- Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- Information about Cat Breeds
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- The Different Kinds Of Horse Breeds
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- How to Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Information about Cat Breeding