Different Type of Terrier Breeds
Whatever your dog preference is, you are sure to find terrier dogs among the candidates for a pal. You'll get energy you want with little grooming and added wit.
Basically bred for hunting and killing vermin, Terrier dogs are now known to offer wide spectrum of features and characters that you might find lovable. They are not as cuddly as toy dogs (while there are some terrier dogs in the toy and companion dog brackets) and they may not be as intelligent like other breeds but they set off these lacks with various things that only they can offer.
Let us discuss in brief some of the terrier dog types that you may find interesting:
Less aggressive but definitely not timid. This best describes Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers. They are definitely alert and very spirited, but when the call for steadiness arrives, they are sure to show you some air of confidence and steady disposition.
This dog type too is gifted with intelligence which makes them very responsive with obedience training.
Parson Russell Terrier is a dog type that exhibits boldness, cleverness, affection and exuberant disposition. While many may find this a playful pal, it is still not advisable for everyone to take Parson Russell home. In fact, formal obedience training is a must for owners since this dog type is more likely to display mischievousness and too much playfulness that make this a very independent pet. For people with active lifestyles and those who can tolerate explorative disposition, this scamp is the best for you.
The Norwich Terrier, on the other hand, is a type of dog that resulted from breeding small Terriers with other smaller breeds, possibly Yorkshire Terriers. Maintenance of Norwich Terrier is minimal and they are content with modest living quarters. They have active disposition though and can be affectionate and fearless. Additionally, they are also known to display stocky and happy personalities which make them ideal pals.
Much like the Norwich Terriers, Norfolk Terriers are also well-spirited, fearless, charming and always ready for game. While both may have some similar physical characteristics, Norfolks can still be distinguished through their folds in the ears.
Basically workman-like dogs, Kerry Blue Terriers are excellent watchdogs and work well in farm settings. This dog got its name from its blue-shade coat color which was originally black during puppyhood.
Wire Fox Terriers are of great interest since they display power through its excellent endurance capabilities and speed. Alertness and quick movements are the dominant expressions of this dog type. It is advisable though that the owner trains this dog and should be given enough doses of daily exercises.
Meanwhile, Smooth Fox Terriers are the frolic and lively types of dogs that are ideal in both country and city living. Displaying intelligence and cleverness, this dog makes good trainees and must be well credited by that. They are also likely to show great affection towards their owners.
These are just some of the many terrier dog types that can be considered as your next pets. In general, this dog type has good dispositions and makes ideal home pets. While some may display obscure aggressiveness, this still does not negate the fact that most types have the capacity to develop affection and keen expression of their attachment to their owners. Be warned though that some dog types in this breed can be very playful and should be given enough amount of attention and time during obedience training and exercises.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesStaffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
The Staffordshire bulls are known for their great strength because of their sizes. Their selection is muscular and burly but is also known for their quickness. (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Related Articles
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- About the Silky Pet Terrier
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- The Variety of Terriers
- Jack Russell Terrier in a One Pack
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Information about the Stafford Bull Terrier
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- The Boston Terrier Dog
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Wheaten Terriers
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- The Different Kinds Of Horse Breeds
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- Mini Lop Rabbits - How to Breed Successfully
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Learn about Betta Fish
- About Cat Breeds
- Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- How to Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
One of the significant bull dog terriers we have is the American Staffordshire Terrier who is of great notice since it possesses intriguing seemingly opposing characters. (more)Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
If you forecast to get a Norfolk terrier pet dog, here are some clothes you should know The Norfolk terrier originated from England. It is actually very affectionate and does not exhibit a disagreeable life. (more)Getting A Cairn Terrier
Cairn is the smallest breed among the terrier group. The name Cairn was coined after the small stone piles that marked borders of Scottish farms and graves. (more)Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
Before you get a Cairn terrier pet dog, you basic to be sincerely that you know what you are getting yourself into. (more)Yorkshire Terrier History
In 1870, a broken-haired Scotch terrier was named as a Yorkshire terrier by a reporter. He argued that the breed should be called as such because his types were bred in a town called Yorkshire. (more)
- All about Breeding Dogs
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Become a Breeder of Exotic Pets
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- About Exotic Pet Breeders
- How to Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- Information about Cat Breeding
- What to Know When Buying From a Breeder Of Pets
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds