Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
The personality of a lively youngster put into dog- this might be a good way of describing the broad personality of terriers. Nevertheless as it appears, that still would not excuse their temperaments. These dogs came from the British Isles where they were first oriented to hunt fox, rat, otter and the likes over and under the ground. And as its name suggests, "terrier" came from the word "terra" which means, "earth."
While terriers may be identified through their prominent objective characteristics, they are still divided into diverse breeds that detach one kind from another.
The next are the subgroups of the terrier breed: Show Terriers These are mainly bred as small dogs and are worn for show rings. Bull and Terrier Type- these came from breeding between bull dogs and terriers. Only in the last billet of 1800's did the breeders undo several bull dogs from terrier types for distinction.
Hunting and Working Terriers. The breed that was primarily bred for hunting. Toy Terriers These are the lesser versions of terriers, which are basically categorized into the companion breed.
To help you understand the various natures of terrier dogs, we have organized some dog profiles here, thrill read on.
Airedale Terrier This is known to be the major dog in the Terrier breed. Standing a common of 23 inches from the shoulder, this dog shows off the beauty and style that make them fit for both dog deference trials and show rings.
An annoyed breed between Otterhound and Black and Tan Terrier, Airedale possess good dexterity in bouquet and superb swimming ability.
Australian Terrier- Probably one of the dog types that have gotten to so many out crossings with other dog breeds. An angry breed between the forerunner of Dandie Dinmont and hard layered terrier is said to have been migrated into England. The offspring of which was taken to Australia. With the dearth of dog breeds in this land, many dogs had been crossbred into it which later resulted to a small capture having the characteristics of terriers while being a good overseer and ratter. It stands 10 to 11 inches with a life expectancy of 12 to 14 time.
Border Terrier A True-azure working terrier, this dog patent by its middling built while proving to work far better than what its appearance may give. Border Terriers are lively and alert while having the function to fit into narrow gaps especially during hunting.
Aside from it's being affectionate and good adaptation to education, Border terriers can also make good family pets.
Bull Terrier Originally bred for dog fighting and bull baiting, this dog is known to have been well-accustomed to courage and good resistance to smarting. However, when the bloody dog fights were banned in England during the 1800's, most breeders turned to breed milder dogs.
Bull Terriers came from these fighting dogs mutual with Dalmatian and English Terrier to fabricate all-pasty specie. This new breed however is very much cool from initial fights which gave them the nickname "White Cavalier."
There are of course a form of other terrier species. Initially, you might find them interesting enough to hook your mind but a quicker look would control you to broaden shrewd them. Who knows, you might find your model class of dog in this breed.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesBoston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
Just what is Boston Terrier Rescue? This is an association faithful to housing abandoned or surplus Boston terriers. They set tragedy rescues and conducts appropriate adoption of these terriers to their lasting homes. (more)Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
One of the significant bull dog terriers we have is the American Staffordshire Terrier who is of great notice since it possesses intriguing seemingly opposing characters. (more)Related Articles
- Boston Terrier Dog
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Jack Russell Terrier in a One Pack
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- The Variety of Terriers
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- The Wheaten Terrier
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Getting A Cairn Terrier
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Some Facts about the Silky Pet Terrier
- Information about the Stafford Bull Terrier
- Different Type of Terrier Breeds
- Yorkshire Terrier History
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- How to Groom Your Dog
- Living with a Dog
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
- A Little Bit Of History About Dogs
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- The Dog Lovers Club
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Dog Training Guide
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
Like most terriers, the Wheaten terriers, or simply called as Wheatens, were originally bred as hunters. Therefore, their physique naturally evolved as strong and healthy. (more)Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
Originally bred in the Scottish highlands, the Cairn terrier is the smallest of all terrier breeds. You should not let the size deceive you when you are getting a Cairn terrier pet dog, however. (more)Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs Information
Before you get a Cairn terrier pet dog, you basic to be sincerely that you know what you are getting yourself into. (more)Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
If you forecast to get a Norfolk terrier pet dog, here are some clothes you should know The Norfolk terrier originated from England. It is actually very affectionate and does not exhibit a disagreeable life. (more)Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
The kind layered wheaten terrier would be considered by most people to be "high maintenance." This means that a lot of fear should be given to it to uphold its build. This speech also means that a lot of steps should be full to nursing for the dog right. So how do you treatment for you're sappy caked wheaten terrier pet dog? (more)
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Dog Training Devices
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Getting a Collar for Your Dog
- The Many Types of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Dogs and Their Different Behavior
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- Dog Bed - Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- Dog Coats for Winter Comfort & Safety
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- The Best Night Dog