Rules for Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces - it is necessary that he respects the disciplinary rules settled before and learned, to avoid getting into problems with other animals or people we meet.
So let's see how our little friend will have to act in some situations:
1. Usually, in crowded places we will keep him in a leash, to always have him under control. So he will have to know how to walk in a leash, near your foot, without pulling.
2. The dog is not allowed to jump on people or animals met or to attack any of those, as long as he isn't aggressed.
3. The dog shouldn't run after bicycles, motorcycles, cars or people that are running. It is know that some dogs do that because of their hunting instincts.
4. When we let the dog free, to relax, it is crucial that when he is called he return on the shortest way and as fast as possible.
5. At a picnic, the dog is not allowed to pass thought other people's carpets or to eat their food.
6. Wherever our dog might be, he is not to be allowed to eat food given by someone else or food found thrown around.
7. Generally, small dogs are more spoiled than big dogs and they are more aggressive, anti-social and afraid of other people or dogs. The ones to blame are the owners that often amuse themselves when they see their dogs acting this way. This way the dogs get to barking and even biting their own owner.
8. The dog must have the initial training learned and practiced, so we would have no problems when walking him.
9. All through the walk, the dog is not to chew on his leash or to pull it with his teeth, because it might happen that he is tied somewhere alone and he will chew on it until he becomes free and gets lost.
10. The dog is not allowed to jump up and out his front paws on us or others even if he is just playing.
11. Pay attention to drunken people! Many times the smell, the walk and the yelling of drunken people annoy the dog. The dog is to loose his reality sense and his instincts and therefore they won't pay attention to any of our advices. Some drunken people are even aggressive to dogs. Stay away from them as much as possible.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesSome Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces - it is necessary that he respects the disciplinary rules settled before and learned. (more)Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
Like most terriers, the Wheaten terriers, or simply called as Wheatens, were originally bred as hunters. Therefore, their physique naturally evolved as strong and healthy. (more)Related Articles
- House Training Your Dog
- History of the Dog Fence
- Learn about the Foxhound Dog
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Dog Training Devices
- Dog Grooming - How to Groom Your Dog
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Why Do Dog Snore
- Collie Dog Can Be a Sporting Dog
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Dog Coats: For Winter Comfort & Safety
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Types Of Dogs
- Classifying Your Dog
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
- Dog Training Guide
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
If you are like me and have a pet dog, you probably know that it can be confusing to find good quality dog supplies for your pet. If you go into your local pet store in your town or city, often the prices are very high. (more)Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
Portuguese Water Dogs have short hair that does not shed and is considered a working dog, meaning that it is a breed that needs to stay busy. This breed is considered a hypoallergenic dog. (more)Best Night Dog
Actually the Bullmastiff was once called the Gamekeeper's Night Dog, which means the night dog of the hunting guard. (more)Dog Training Toronto
In Toronto, there s no shortage of dog training options. All you need to do is enter dog training Toronto into your web browser and you will get more links than you could ever click. The problem is not finding a dog trainer in Toronto, it is finding the one that is best for you and your dog. (more)
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Protect Your Dog from Diseases
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Dog Supplies
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- About Newfoundland Dogs
- Pet Care: Dogs