Pet Care: Dogs
The benefits we can reap from having a pet can be thoroughly rewarding. Dogs are known as "Man's best friend" for their unconditional love, loyalty and friendship. Dog lovers can return the favour by taking good care of their pet.
It might sound like a lot of work at first but caring for your dog, after the puppy days, is relatively easy and most of the chores can fit neatly into your daily routine.
This article talks about some of the essentials you need to know about dog care.
Collar and ID Tag: The first thing you want to do for a new dog is give it a proper collar and an ID tag with your name, address and contact information. This greatly increases the chances of having your dog returned to you if they get separated from you.
Check with your local animal shelter, veterinarian or humane society to find out what vaccinations your dog needs and be aware of dog fouling laws!
Spay or Neuter
If you are not planning on breeding dogs, help reduce the number of unwanted and stray dogs and improve the health of your pet by having them spay or neutered.
Whether you purchase a book on dog training and teach them the basics at home or enrol in a class, having your dog learn basic commands will have a positive benefit on their behaviour and safety.
Register with a Vet: Regular visits to the vet will ensure your dog's health and avoid future issues. If you need help locating a good veterinarian, check with a local shelter, breeder or get a recommendation from a fellow dog owner.
Your Dog at Home: Give your dog a proper place to live. Dogs love to get out and run around, but need extended time out of the elements. Guard your dog from exposure to extreme weather. A big yard with a dog house is wonderful, but spending time with your dog inside and having a comfortable place to sleep, like a dog bed, is essential.
Dog Diets: Feed your dog a nutritionally balanced diet and make fresh water available to it at all times. Consult your vet for information on the type of food and amount to feed them in proportion to their size and age.
Dog Leads: A good, strong lead is a must-have item. Follow the simple rule of, if your dog is off of your property, the lead is on. Always ensure your pet is under control at home AND out in public.
Exercising your Dog: Dogs of all sizes and breeds have one thing in common. They love to run around and play. A fit dog is a happy dog, so spend time together with toys, balls, games and by taking walks. Exercising a few times a day is great for both of you and goes a long way in building a bond.
Groom your Dog: A clean dog is a well cared for. Sure dogs like to play outdoors and run around, and there are few things better for their health, and your relationship, than to give their coats a regular dog shampoo bath, trim hair if necessary and groom them with brushes and combs. Dog clothes like coats, hats and boots are also increasingly popular, and can help shield your dog from extreme weather.
Dogs like Companionship: Any relationship is a two-way street. If you are loyal, patient and faithful to your dog, you will have yourself a companion that brings love and joy into your life.
These are just the basics of dog care and picking up a book about dogs is highly recommended. Choose a book that discusses various breeds, traits and care.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
Hypoallergenic dog breeds have singular needs because they are usually smaller in mass and have temperaments that may be trying to export sometimes. Hypoallergenic dogs care. (more)How to Care for a Hypoallergenic Dog
Some dog breeds are more susceptible to allergies than others. This may be because of small nasal passages, allergic reactions to flea bites, irritable stomachs that make digesting food difficult .. (more)Related Articles
- Types Of Dogs
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- How to Notice Swelling in Dogs
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- How to Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- About Newfoundland Dogs
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Classifying Your Dog
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- The Many Types of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Making Your Dog Obey You
- Dogs Can Make You a Better Person
- Learn about Dog Bites
- House Training Your Dog
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
If you have a dog then pet health care should be your primary concern because dogs are prone to several medical conditions of which some are mild in nature while others can be painful and fatal. One such condition is arthritis, which is fairly common in dogs as well as other pets. (more)Dog Supplies
This article will help you realise the importance of having your basic dog supplies at your reach. Some may underestimate the needs of pets as compared to our own needs. (more)What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
The makers of Mammoth Dog Beds have been conducting research for years on how to construct the highest quality dog beds. This research is what guides them in the design, material selection, and manufacturing of their beds. (more)What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
General dog allergies are triggered by flea bites, pollen, tobacco smoke, certain foods, and even other pets also have a strong influence in your pets allergies. (more)Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
There are many reasons for teaching proper dog behavior, and teaching such behavior has many benefits for both the human and canine partners. Dog behavior training is vital to such life and death issues as preventing aggression .. (more)
- All about Breeding Dog
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Dog Coats for Winter Comfort & Safety
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- How to Take Care of Your Cats
- Kingdom of Pets - The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- History of the Dog Fence
- Your Aquarium and Fish Care Choices
- How to Care for a Hamster
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Train Your Dog For Collar And Lead
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Caring for the Iguana Cantina
- Dog Training Devices
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- Aquarium and Fish Care Hemigrammus
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Exotic Pet Tarantula - Tarantula Pet Care
- How to Care for African Carp Aquarium