Pet Care: Dogs
The benefits we can reap from having a pet can be thoroughly rewarding. Dogs are known as "Man's best friend" for their unconditional love, loyalty and friendship. Dog lovers can return the favour by taking good care of their pet.
It might sound like a lot of work at first but caring for your dog, after the puppy days, is relatively easy and most of the chores can fit neatly into your daily routine.
This article talks about some of the essentials you need to know about dog care.
Collar and ID Tag: The first thing you want to do for a new dog is give it a proper collar and an ID tag with your name, address and contact information. This greatly increases the chances of having your dog returned to you if they get separated from you.
Check with your local animal shelter, veterinarian or humane society to find out what vaccinations your dog needs and be aware of dog fouling laws!
Spay or Neuter
If you are not planning on breeding dogs, help reduce the number of unwanted and stray dogs and improve the health of your pet by having them spay or neutered.
Whether you purchase a book on dog training and teach them the basics at home or enrol in a class, having your dog learn basic commands will have a positive benefit on their behaviour and safety.
Register with a Vet: Regular visits to the vet will ensure your dog's health and avoid future issues. If you need help locating a good veterinarian, check with a local shelter, breeder or get a recommendation from a fellow dog owner.
Your Dog at Home: Give your dog a proper place to live. Dogs love to get out and run around, but need extended time out of the elements. Guard your dog from exposure to extreme weather. A big yard with a dog house is wonderful, but spending time with your dog inside and having a comfortable place to sleep, like a dog bed, is essential.
Dog Diets: Feed your dog a nutritionally balanced diet and make fresh water available to it at all times. Consult your vet for information on the type of food and amount to feed them in proportion to their size and age.
Dog Leads: A good, strong lead is a must-have item. Follow the simple rule of, if your dog is off of your property, the lead is on. Always ensure your pet is under control at home AND out in public.
Exercising your Dog: Dogs of all sizes and breeds have one thing in common. They love to run around and play. A fit dog is a happy dog, so spend time together with toys, balls, games and by taking walks. Exercising a few times a day is great for both of you and goes a long way in building a bond.
Groom your Dog: A clean dog is a well cared for. Sure dogs like to play outdoors and run around, and there are few things better for their health, and your relationship, than to give their coats a regular dog shampoo bath, trim hair if necessary and groom them with brushes and combs. Dog clothes like coats, hats and boots are also increasingly popular, and can help shield your dog from extreme weather.
Dogs like Companionship: Any relationship is a two-way street. If you are loyal, patient and faithful to your dog, you will have yourself a companion that brings love and joy into your life.
These are just the basics of dog care and picking up a book about dogs is highly recommended. Choose a book that discusses various breeds, traits and care.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesCare for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
Hypoallergenic dog breeds have singular needs because they are usually smaller in mass and have temperaments that may be trying to export sometimes. Hypoallergenic dogs care. (more)How to Care for a Hypoallergenic Dog
Some dog breeds are more susceptible to allergies than others. This may be because of small nasal passages, allergic reactions to flea bites, irritable stomachs that make digesting food difficult .. (more)Related Articles
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
- Finding a Good School for Your Dog
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- House Training Your Dog
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dog Beds that Withstand Abuse
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Dog Supplies
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Dog Grooming at Home
- Make Your Dog Obey You
- Important Guide To Training Your Dog
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- Types Of Dogs
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Train Your Dog For Collar And Lead
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
In Toronto, there s no shortage of dog training options. All you need to do is enter dog training Toronto into your web browser and you will get more links than you could ever click. The problem is not finding a dog trainer in Toronto, it is finding the one that is best for you and your dog. (more)Rules for Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces. The dog must have the initial training learned and practiced, so we would have no problems when walking him. (more)What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
The makers of Mammoth Dog Beds have been conducting research for years on how to construct the highest quality dog beds. This research is what guides them in the design, material selection, and manufacturing of their beds. (more)Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
If you are looking to train your dog you might consider using the 'clicker training' method, which has recently become popular amongst dog trainers all over the country. In this method the trainer has to make use of a clicker, .. (more)The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
Now that you have figured out how to best feed and exercise your pet, or made the decision to provide dog grooming services yourself, just what do you need to carry out your good intentions? (more)
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- How to Care for Three Spotted Angelfish
- The Basic Of Iguana Care
- Learn about the Foxhound Dog
- The Basic Information of Horse Care
- Hypoallergenic Dog Food
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- Basic Tips For Fish Care
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Taking Care of Your Fish Tank
- Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Getting a Collar for Your Dog
- Classifying Your Dog
- Tips on Proper Iguana Lizard Care
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- What You Should Know About Dog Bites