Learn about Dog Bites
Statistics show that 4.7 million people get bitten by dogs yearly. These bites range from minor nips to major attacks. Dog's are man's best friend, not his worst enemy....With this thought in mind, here are some tips to prevent being bitten by a dog.
1. Don't Approach a Strange Dog.
Don't go near just any dog you find adorable, particularly when that dog is tied, fenced-in or in a car. A new or strange dog might think that you are threatening him or you are an intruder.
2. Don't Pet a Strange Dog.
It is not advisable for anyone to pet strange dogs, or even his or her own dog, without letting him sniff and recognize you first.
3. Don't Turn Your Back and Run from a Dog.
A dog's instinct will be to chase and catch you. So, running away is not a good option.
4. Don't Disturb a Dog.
When a dog is sleeping, chewing on anything, caring for her puppies or eating, it is bad idea to shock or disturb it.
Other Precautions to Prevent Dog Bites:
1. Neuter or spay your dog to reduce its tendency to roam and fight with other dogs.
2. Make it socialize to lessen its being nervous when a lot of people are around.
3. Train your dog to not chase anyone even when it's just for fun.
4. License your dog and provide for its regular care and rabies vaccinations.
5. Never let your dog roam alone.
What To Do for Dog Bites:
1. Never Panic.
This will only aggravate the situation. Stay calm and make sure that you make informed decisions.
2. Deal with the Wound Immediately.
Wash the wound thoroughly with soap and warm water. This should be done immediately. Then, contact your physician for more care and advice.
3. Tell the Animal Care and Control Agency in Your Location about the Bite.
Report to the animal control personnel all the information you can supply regarding the dog. If it is a stray dog, describe the dog, where you saw him, whether you are familiar with it and also the direction which he went.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesBoston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
Just what is Boston Terrier Rescue? This is an association faithful to housing abandoned or surplus Boston terriers. They set tragedy rescues and conducts appropriate adoption of these terriers to their lasting homes. (more)How to Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
Teaching a puppy or a dog proper socialization skills is vital to the safety of both your dog and other dogs and people with whom he comes into contact. (more)Related Articles
- Why Not Pamper Your Dog With a Luxury Dog Bed?
- The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Types Of Dogs
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- House Training Your Dog
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Collie Dog Can Be a Sporting Dog
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Train Dogs For Collar And Lead
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Weight Gains in Dog
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- How To Notice Swelling In Dogs
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- How to Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Non Hypoallergenic Dogs and Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Boston Terrier Dog
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
Renters who have a dog or more than one dog may face additional challenges when renting an apartment or a house. One of the primary challenges the renters may face is finding a living situation which is acceptable to them and also willing to accept their pets. (more)Dog Supplies - The Basics
This article will help you realise the importance of having your basic dog supplies at your reach. Some may underestimate the needs of pets as compared to our own needs. (more)The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
Now that you have figured out how to best feed and exercise your pet, or made the decision to provide dog grooming services yourself, just what do you need to carry out your good intentions? (more)Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
Aside from dogs, cats are the next best pets for the home. In detail, 34.7 million households in the United States own at slightest one cat. (more)Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
Dog training is an important aspect of growing up for dogs. Most of the dog trainings are basically behavioral training and can improve the temperament of your dog immensely. (more)
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- Classifying Your Dog
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Learn about the Foxhound Dog
- The Dog Lovers Club
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Dog House Training Tips
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Protect Your Dog From Diseases
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- How To Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds