Learn about Dog Bites
Statistics show that 4.7 million people get bitten by dogs yearly. These bites range from minor nips to major attacks. Dog's are man's best friend, not his worst enemy....With this thought in mind, here are some tips to prevent being bitten by a dog.
1. Don't Approach a Strange Dog.
Don't go near just any dog you find adorable, particularly when that dog is tied, fenced-in or in a car. A new or strange dog might think that you are threatening him or you are an intruder.
2. Don't Pet a Strange Dog.
It is not advisable for anyone to pet strange dogs, or even his or her own dog, without letting him sniff and recognize you first.
3. Don't Turn Your Back and Run from a Dog.
A dog's instinct will be to chase and catch you. So, running away is not a good option.
4. Don't Disturb a Dog.
When a dog is sleeping, chewing on anything, caring for her puppies or eating, it is bad idea to shock or disturb it.
Other Precautions to Prevent Dog Bites:
1. Neuter or spay your dog to reduce its tendency to roam and fight with other dogs.
2. Make it socialize to lessen its being nervous when a lot of people are around.
3. Train your dog to not chase anyone even when it's just for fun.
4. License your dog and provide for its regular care and rabies vaccinations.
5. Never let your dog roam alone.
What To Do for Dog Bites:
1. Never Panic.
This will only aggravate the situation. Stay calm and make sure that you make informed decisions.
2. Deal with the Wound Immediately.
Wash the wound thoroughly with soap and warm water. This should be done immediately. Then, contact your physician for more care and advice.
3. Tell the Animal Care and Control Agency in Your Location about the Bite.
Report to the animal control personnel all the information you can supply regarding the dog. If it is a stray dog, describe the dog, where you saw him, whether you are familiar with it and also the direction which he went.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWeight Gains in Dog
Just like we, humans, suffer from obesity, our dear pooches also suffer from excessive weight gain. The best way to maintain good pet health is to ensure your pooch has healthy and not heavy weight. (more)Classifying Your Dog
If "fashionistas" are obsessed with brand names, some dog lovers are hooked on dog breeds. This is because purebred dogs are expensive and belong to the higher level of this particular species. (more)Related Articles
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Train Your Dog For Collar And Lead
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Finding a Good School for Your Dog
- Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- How To Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Best Night Dog
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Dog Training Toronto
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Training Terrier Dogs
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- History of the Dog Fence
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
House training is one of those issues that every dog owner must grapple with. In most cases house training is the first major milestone in the relationship between owner and dog, and it can sometimes be difficult and confusing for owner and dog alike. (more)A Man Best Friend is a Dog
Dogs are man's best companion. Always loyal and ever loving, this feature has made canines a vital and public part of what is sharp fitting a mundane sort of therapy in many fitness worry facilities. (more)NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
There is an overwhelming number of doggy accessories out there, ranging from the most utilitarian--a simple NFL dog collar--to the most extreme--doggy Halloween costumes, for instance. Let's face it, some of us are just really into decking out our dogs. (more)Dog Bed - Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
A good quality bed is an investment in your dog’s comfort as well as their health. This is especially true when selecting an orthopedic dog bed as a dog that has hip .. (more)Having Cats and Dogs At Home
The saying "fighting like cats and dogs" didn't come up as superstar's idea of a hoax just for cartoons (Tom and Jerry comes into brains). Dogs are regularly territorial and will combat not just new cats but other new dogs as well. (more)
- Dog Grooming at Home
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Dog Training Devices
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Getting a Collor for Your Dog
- How To Notice Swelling In Dogs
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Living with a Dog
- Kingdom of Pets - The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- About Foxhound Dog
- About Newfoundland Dogs