Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
The responsibility of a new pet is sometimes overwhelming. One of your new duties as a dog owner is to take care of your pet's health. Here are two pointers for you to follow in taking care of your pet.
- The Veterinarian Is our Friend
Part of your duty as a dog owner is to know when to call for the vet. Don't take a "wait and see" attitude when it comes to your pet's health. Sometimes, that approach is fine but most often professional help is needed to treat your dog's sickness. Depending on the dog's condition, there are many ways a veterinarian may help.
There are several instances when it is essential that you call your veterinarian:
a) Always call your vet when your dog has been in an accident. If your regular veterinarian is not available, look for the closest emergency vet clinic.
b) Always call your vet when you suspect your dog has eaten something that may be poisonous or something inedible.
c) Call your vet immediately when your pet is in obvious distress.
d) Sudden weight gain or weight loss should be a warning sign for you to take your dog to the vet.
e) If your dog is coughing, vomiting or having seizure, call the vet immediately.
- An Ounce of Prevention Is Better Than A Pound Of Cure
Of course, going to the vet should be the last recourse. Preventing your dog from being hurt or getting sick is your primary responsibility.
Remember, that good food and exercise insures a long life for your pet. A balanced diet and a regimen of exercise helps prevent sickness and strengthens your pet. Monitor what your pets eat. Clean your dog's cage regularly to get rid of any disease-causing bacteria. Check your dog's water supply. Make sure it's clean and healthy for your pet.
Keep your dog on a leash. Running in front of a car is not very good for your dog's health and heaven knows where your pet may end up if you just let it wander around.
Give your dog a regular bath. Fleas and ticks can give your dog extreme discomfort and are often carriers of disease.
Of course, keeping your dog in tip-top shape goes beyond these pointers. It's always advisable to ask a veterinarian for additional health tips and as your experience with your pet grows, you'll think up of a couple more rules that are special to your beloved hound. Just remember that when your pet's health is in question, it's always better to be safe!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesUse Reward Training To Train Your Dog
Reward training has indeed been made use of for many years to train dogs; it is a good method to teach dogs of a small size like Pomeranians that are too small to act in response to choke collars and other insensitive techniques of training. (more)How To Select The Right Dog Harness
A dog harness is not just used due to safety concerns, but also because of medical or behavior concerns. For dogs with thick necks, a dog harness is an essential as risk of getting hurt is paramount. (more)Related Articles
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- For The Love Of Dogs - Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Basic Dog Training of a New Puppy
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- The Best Night Dog
- The Boston Terrier Dog
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Dog Training Toronto
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- Why Use a Dog Training School
- Train Dogs For Collar And Lead
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dog Beds that Withstand Abuse
- Quality Dog Supplies at Sensible Rates
- Dog Training Devices
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Dog Training Guide
When looking for a hypoallergenic dog, you will have to settle on a breed of dog and how the dog will fit into your lifestyle. Many hypoallergenic dogs are small or method breed dogs. (more)Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
Finding a good dog breeder when you want to buy a hypoallergenic dog can be difficult if you do not know what you are looking for. Many breeders, unfortunately, take advantage of those who do not know much about dogs and try to sell them mixed breeds (more)Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
Veterinarians and physicians across the world have started to prescribe glucosamine and chondroitin for animals and the results have been highly successful as far as pet health care is concerned. (more)Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
Using a dog training collar is an efficient and safe way to correct your dog’s unpleasant behavior. There are several types of dog training collars on the market, but they all operate according to the same system. (more)Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
Dogs are worthless training material during the neonate period because of their underdeveloped learning capacities. The best time to train a puppy is usually between three and four months after its birth when its learning capacity has fully developed. The puppy of a docile litter is usually teachable and submissive by nature. (more)
- Dog Coats: For Winter Comfort & Safety
- About Newfoundland Dogs
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Why Do Dogs Snore
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- A Little Bit Of History About Dogs
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions