How to keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
A dog name is as important as the name of a human being. A dog name is not something to be thought of lightly, because that is the name by which the dog will be known throughout its life. Read on to know more about dog names.
Any name is an important one, and it is necessary that proper thought and consideration goes into naming. Here are some tips and suggestions to go through before you name your dog:
Names, Not Embarrassments: Yes, that weird name may sound good to you, but it does not mean that it is a logical name. Make sure that you give your dog a name that does not embarrass you or even it. If you think that dogs cannot be embarrassed, look into the eyes of some weirdly named mutt the next time someone calls it by its name. This suggestion is more complex than it sounds, for example, you will even have to steer clear of names that sound or rhyme with some embarrassing sound or word.
Logical Names: The names should suit the mutt. That means, you cannot name a small dog as Chewbacca, and cannot name a large dog as Piddles or something. I have a friend named Shorty, who I think got so incensed being nicknamed that, today he stands more than six feet and weighs a healthy hundred pounds or so.
Different Names: This one is a very important one. If you are habituated to taking your dog to the park or any other outside place, you will be surprised how many dogs respond to your shouts of 'Rusty', or 'Bruno' or any other generic, cookie cutter dog name. Therefore, ensure that though the name should not be completely weird, it should not be generic and common sounding.
Some interesting dog names would be:
• Ipod (any electrical gadget actually): Helpful, check, cute, check, you cannot live without it, check. Why not?
• Google: Well, dogs are known to be the best searchers in the world, and as a search engine,Google still 'fetches' results. So, why not we take the chance to marry the best search engine online to the best searcher in the real world?
• Undertaker/Rey Mysterio: If you have a big hulk of a dog, you can name it the Undertaker from the WWE. If you have a small dynamo, you can think about naming him after the wrestler Rey Mysterio. In fact, you can name your dog after anything that you like in your real life.
Naming a dog is actually an exercise of your own creativity. There will, of course, be a lot many suggestions from your family and friends about the dog's name, but it is you who has to finally give your pet name. Make sure that you carry out the proper research before naming your dog. The Internet is the home to a lot of creative, different and interesting dog names. A proper dog name, and that name would be one of the best dog treats for your dog!
Rewarding your dog with dog treats every time he/she does as told can have long-lasting and beneficial effect on the animal. An important aspect of dog training is to reward the dog with gourmet dog treats every time he obeys your orders. Many dog trainers also dispense with dog treats while teaching dogs how to respond to dog names, dog commands (such as sit, stay, fetch, heel, lie down) and similar things. This can help with learning your dog there nameAbout the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Feed Your Dog Treats
Dog owners also love giving their dog's treats. If you have a dog, then you have a good idea of what your dog likes to nibble on. There are so many treats available these days and they all come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, and .. (more)Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
Insects pose excluding of a threat to dogs than spiders. A dog's fur will defend it from most insect stings, but their faces and base pads are still vulnerable targets. (more)Related Articles
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Some History About Dogs
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Making Your Dog Obey You
- The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- House Training Your Dog
- Quality Dog Supplies at Sensible Rates
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Types Of Dogs
The American Kennel Club has a dog lovers section called "For the Love of the Purebred Dog". This article is more than a canine purebred section. It is dedicated to living at home with dogs. This dog club gives informative and educational materials .. (more)How To Select The Right Dog Harness
A dog harness is not just used due to safety concerns, but also because of medical or behavior concerns. For dogs with thick necks, a dog harness is an essential as risk of getting hurt is paramount. (more)Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
This is a distinct dog breed and is called the Dalmatian. The Dalmatian qualifies as a large dog and has many attractive qualities like he is always poised and alert, he is muscular, active and strong; he is intelligent and sometimes can be quite shy. (more)Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
Coccidiosis in dogs is an infection caused by single-celled organisms called protozoas. Coccidiosis is a pet health issue that leads to diarrhea as these organisms (parasites) infect the lining of the intestine and make the intestinal tract their home. (more)
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- The Collie Dog Can Be A Sporting Dog
- Use a Dog Training School
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs Information
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- All about Breeding Dog
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- History of the Dog Fence
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Treating Litter Box Accidents
- Living with Your Dog and Renting