Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
If you are thinking of getting a Cairn terrier pet dog, then you need to know some information about it first. Why? Well, knowing the right information about anything will help you in the long run. This is especially true when we are talking about a pet ownership. Before you get a Cairn terrier pet dog, you need to be sure that you know what you are getting yourself into. You need to know how to take proper care of your cairn terrier pet dog and you also need to know what to expect when you are getting one.
Thankfully, there are a lot of sites on the internet which can provide you the necessary information. To save you some time, however, here are the basics:
Originally bred in the Scottish highlands, the Cairn terrier is the smallest of all terrier breeds. You should not let the size deceive you when you are getting a Cairn terrier pet dog, however. The Cairn terrier was first bred because of its working ability. You know what this means? This means energy.
A Cairn terrier pet dog has a lot of energy to spare. They can gain a lot from taking brisk walks daily. However, you should know that they do best when they have a fenced-in yard to play in. This way, they get more room when they play. Their high energy also means that they aren't really suitable for apartment or condo living. If you live in such places, then having a Cairn terrier pet dog is not for you.
Their energy may also put them in danger. This is the reason why you need to make sure that a Cairn terrier pet dog stays in one area. Their natural instincts tell them to dig and run and these activities may lead to accidents if unsupervised.
There are, however, a lot of positive things that can be said about a Cairn terrier pet dog's energy. For one thing, it makes the dog fun to play with. It can play for hours on end, giving you the companionship that you want. Another positive with this energy is the fact that this energy can be channeled into good purposes. A Cairn terrier pet dog is naturally inquisitive and is always willing to participate in a new adventure. This means that a Cairn terrier pet dog can be easily taught to do tricks. They learn tricks very fast and thrive in obedience training.
You need to make sure that your Cairn terrier pet dog is trained properly since untrained ones have a tendency to be destructive when they are bored.
Let us talk about the proper care for a Cairn terrier pet dog. One thing you do not need to worry about is its coat. The Cairn terrier pet dog was not bred for the beauty of its coat. The coat of a Cairn terrier pet dog is weather resistant and sheds little to no fur. Because of this, it can be a great indoor pet.
Being the smallest of terrier breeds, however, makes Cairn terrier pet dogs especially vulnerable to various health problems. Care must be taken when feeding it as it can gain weight quite rapidly. A Cairn terrier pet dog is also especially sensitive to fleas. However, you can be sure that this is one of the best breeds around.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesGetting A Cairn Terrier
Cairn is the smallest breed among the terrier group. The name Cairn was coined after the small stone piles that marked borders of Scottish farms and graves. (more)Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
Before you get a Cairn terrier pet dog, you basic to be sincerely that you know what you are getting yourself into. (more)Related Articles
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Boston Terrier Dog
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Jack Russell Terrier in a One Pack
- Different Type of Terrier Breeds
- The American Pit Bull Terrier
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- The Wheaten Terrier
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- The Many Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- The Variety of Terriers
- Some Facts about the Silky Pet Terrier
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- About the Stafford Bull Terrier
- Yorkshire Terrier History
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- Make Your Dog Obey You
- Living with a Dog
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
If you forecast to get a Norfolk terrier pet dog, here are some clothes you should know The Norfolk terrier originated from England. It is actually very affectionate and does not exhibit a disagreeable life. (more)Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
One of the significant bull dog terriers we have is the American Staffordshire Terrier who is of great notice since it possesses intriguing seemingly opposing characters. (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Some Background about the Terrier Dog
Welsh terrier dogs were originally bred as hunting dogs. However, this native breed of Wales soon rose to become show dogs. Breeders attempted to outdo each other by developing the Welsh terrier dogs' wiry coats and coloration. (more)Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
Airedale Terrier This is known to be the major dog in the Terrier breed. Standing a common of 23 inches from the shoulder, this dog shows off the beauty and style that make them fit for both dog deference trials and show rings. (more)
- Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Your Dog Being Alone
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- Dog Training Toronto
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- How To Notice Swelling In Dogs
- Dogs Can Make You a Better Person
- Why Do Dog Snore
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips