How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
Dog is a man’s best friend but how to choose the right one when there are over 400 dog breeds to choose from. Your personal favorite might be the German Shepherd or the Labrador retriever but then your home might not have enough space for the specific breed. Hence you need to be extremely careful while selecting dogs especially because such a huge number of dog breeds exist. Some dogs that are bigger in size will require huge amount of space and hence you can’t possibly make them live in a small apartment. So how do you choose the right dog out of the 400 dog breeds that exist? It is quite simple: all you need is to answer the following questions and you will be able to figure out the exact breed of dogs that you can adopt.
Q1: What dog size is good for you?
Never make the mistake of asking for a "good-sized" dog because for some breeders it simply means that you need dogs weighing around 25 pounds while for other breeders it means 75 pounds. Go on to the internet and visit some of the websites that feature all dog breeds. Check out the size and weight and then take a decision. Be clear about what you need.
Q2: How much space do you have at your home?
Is your home an apartment with three rooms and a balcony or is it a villa or a farm house. These are important aspects and need to be considered because some dogs need a lot of space. So if you are in a villa, you can go for different large dog breeds like the Doberman Pincher, German Shepherd Dog, St. Bernard, Greyhound etc. These are large guard dogs and very efficient. If you have a large home a Labrador retriever, Golden retriever, Irish Setter or a Dalmatian would be just perfect. If you are staying in an apartment then small sized dogs like cocker-spaniel, Dachshund, Pomeranian, Mini schnauzer, and Chihuahua would be just great.
Q3: How much exercise can your dog have?
There are some dog breeds like the retrievers and the Doberman that require a lot of exercise, running around, jumping and fetching exercises. There are dogs like Pomeranian and Chihuahua who need just a small walk in the park. You need to consider this aspect because the overall health of your dog and his growth will depend on the amount of exercise he can get. If you have a busy work schedule then it is better that you keep a dog who doesn’t need too much of exercise.
Q4: How much grooming can you cope up with?
Some dogs require regular grooming especially those dog breeds that are hairy. Grooming is necessary because long hair is one of the causes of ticks and other skin problems in dogs. All dogs need grooming and some just need more. So you need to consider various aspects like the amount of time you can devote on grooming and the kind of monthly budget you have for your dog.
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhere To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
Finding a good dog breeder when you want to buy a hypoallergenic dog can be difficult if you do not know what you are looking for. Many breeders, unfortunately, take advantage of those who do not know much about dogs and try to sell them mixed breeds (more)All about Breeding Dog
Breeding dogs is an exciting experience. From the time a proper mate is found to the point that the puppies are born, it is crucial to take careful steps to make this successful. (more)Related Articles
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- About Foxhound Dog
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- History of the Dog Fence
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- The Collie Dog Can Be A Sporting Dog
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Learn about the Dog Lovers Club
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs Information
- Dog Training Guide
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- Dog Supplies - The Basics
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Learn about Dog Bites
- Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
When looking for a hypoallergenic dog, you will have to decide on a breed of dog and also how the dog will fit into your lifestyle. Many hypoallergenic dogs are small or medium breed dogs. (more)Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
This is a distinct dog breed and is called the Dalmatian. The Dalmatian qualifies as a large dog and has many attractive qualities like he is always poised and alert, he is muscular, active and strong; he is intelligent and sometimes can be quite shy. (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
Most dogs grow out of whining in the early age around the six-month age. There are a variety of reasons as to why your adult mixed-breed dog might be whining. (more)Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- How to keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds
- How to Understand the Different Horse Breeds
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- How To Keep Your Dog Tamed
- The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- Dog Grooming at Home
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life