Dogs and Their Different Behavior
As the old adage goes, "Dogs are man's best friend." However, there are times when people just can't understand why their beloved dogs behave in a different manner. Hence, it is extremely important to know the underlying reasons why dogs sometimes behave differently.
You can teach your dog appropriate behavior. Experts say that dog behaviors can be controlled through proper training.
Dog behaviors are actually responses that are mostly triggered by environmental and social factors. Hence, to control these responses, the owner should teach his dogs the proper way to respond to such elements. Let's explore a few of the methods:
Statistics show that almost 5 million people in the U.S. are victims of dog bites annually. This is almost 2% of the total population in the U.S. What's more, dog bites cases rank as second most common cause of emergencies in the hospitals.
So, the question is: Why dogs bite?
According to the experts, the main reasons why dogs may bite are the following:
When somebody plays with his or her dog, the tendency of the dog is to get excited, and because dogs don't have hands to use when playing, they use their mouth to grasp things. When this happens, there is the tendency that the dog might accidentally hurt people without intending to do anything harmful.
Dogs can be very possessive, so, whenever he wants to protect something that he owns, he will bite whoever threatens to take it away from him. Hence, when people get near the dog's property, the dog's tendency is to bite to make the person leave his property alone.
When the dog is not feeling well, he does not understand why he is feeling that way. Therefore, when a person, even if it's his master, touches him, he may think that it's the person who causes the pain and so his tendency is to fight back by biting.
Dogs are sometimes afraid just like humans. That is why when somebody startles him, the dog's only known protection for itself is to bite back.
The best thing is to avoid these situations and leave the dog alone. The problem with so many people is that they want to always play around with their dog without learning how and when the dogs should be left alone.
Like humans, dogs have feelings too. When these feelings are all mixed up, their only known protection for themselves is to bite because they cannot understand the situation logically. Therefore, people should know that in order to avoid such circumstances.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesDog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
There are many reasons for teaching proper dog behavior, and teaching such behavior has many benefits for both the human and canine partners. Dog behavior training is vital to such life and death issues as preventing aggression .. (more)Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)Related Articles
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Quality Dog Supplies at Sensible Rates
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Know The Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Living with a Dog
- Hypoallergenic Dog Food
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Weight Gains in Dog
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- Make Your Dog Obey You
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Why Use a Dog Training School
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- Protect Your Dog from Diseases
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Collie Dog Can Be a Sporting Dog
- The Many Types of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- How to Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- Dog Grooming - How to Groom Your Dog
Using a dog training collar is an efficient and safe way to correct your dog’s unpleasant behavior. There are several types of dog training collars on the market, but they all operate according to the same system. (more)Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
As much as you love your dog, you have to admit that sometimes its incessant barking is annoying, particularly when you need a good night’s sleep. If you had a busy day at the office, all you want is to get some sleep, but your beloved pet can’t understand this and seems to bark continuously, without any obvious reason. (more)Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
Insects pose excluding of a threat to dogs than spiders. A dog's fur will defend it from most insect stings, but their faces and base pads are still vulnerable targets. (more)Why Not Pamper Your Dog With a Luxury Dog Bed?
Redefine the way your dog sleeps from now on, bring home a luxury dog beds. Luxury dog beds are a perfect amalgamation of style and functionality. (more)
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs Information
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Different Types of Iguanas
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Some History About Dogs
- Information On The Most Common Cat behaviors
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- Different Types of Frogs and Toads
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Dog Grooming at Home
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- The Reason For Your Cat Behavior
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- The Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Different Information of Buying and Selling a Horse
- The Different Kinds of UVA for Iguanas
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog