Dogs and Their Different Behavior
As the old adage goes, "Dogs are man's best friend." However, there are times when people just can't understand why their beloved dogs behave in a different manner. Hence, it is extremely important to know the underlying reasons why dogs sometimes behave differently.
You can teach your dog appropriate behavior. Experts say that dog behaviors can be controlled through proper training.
Dog behaviors are actually responses that are mostly triggered by environmental and social factors. Hence, to control these responses, the owner should teach his dogs the proper way to respond to such elements. Let's explore a few of the methods:
Statistics show that almost 5 million people in the U.S. are victims of dog bites annually. This is almost 2% of the total population in the U.S. What's more, dog bites cases rank as second most common cause of emergencies in the hospitals.
So, the question is: Why dogs bite?
According to the experts, the main reasons why dogs may bite are the following:
When somebody plays with his or her dog, the tendency of the dog is to get excited, and because dogs don't have hands to use when playing, they use their mouth to grasp things. When this happens, there is the tendency that the dog might accidentally hurt people without intending to do anything harmful.
Dogs can be very possessive, so, whenever he wants to protect something that he owns, he will bite whoever threatens to take it away from him. Hence, when people get near the dog's property, the dog's tendency is to bite to make the person leave his property alone.
When the dog is not feeling well, he does not understand why he is feeling that way. Therefore, when a person, even if it's his master, touches him, he may think that it's the person who causes the pain and so his tendency is to fight back by biting.
Dogs are sometimes afraid just like humans. That is why when somebody startles him, the dog's only known protection for itself is to bite back.
The best thing is to avoid these situations and leave the dog alone. The problem with so many people is that they want to always play around with their dog without learning how and when the dogs should be left alone.
Like humans, dogs have feelings too. When these feelings are all mixed up, their only known protection for themselves is to bite because they cannot understand the situation logically. Therefore, people should know that in order to avoid such circumstances.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesCorrect Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
Using a dog training collar is an efficient and safe way to correct your dog’s unpleasant behavior. There are several types of dog training collars on the market, but they all operate according to the same system. (more)Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
Dogs come in variety of shapes and sizes and then there are the breeds. It is important to consider the dog breeds because a lot depends on that. Everything from the type of food they take, amount of food, diseases, behavior, grooming and much more varies from one breed to another. (more)Related Articles
- Best Night Dog
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- History of the Dog Fence
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- The Collie Dog Can Be A Sporting Dog
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- Dog House Training Tips
- The Dog Lovers Club
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dog Beds that Withstand Abuse
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- Dogs and Dog supplies - Quality supply at sensible rates
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- All about Breeding Dogs
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Why Do Dog Snore
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
There are many reasons for teaching proper dog behavior, and teaching such behavior has many benefits for both the human and canine partners. Dog behavior training is vital to such life and death issues as preventing aggression .. (more)Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds
Dogs are territorial by nature and they love having beds of their own. Mammoth Dog Beds are sized according to the weight of the dogs: small and medium dogs up to 50 lbs; large dogs of 51 to 100 lbs .. (more)A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
For some these two notions might seem too far apart to present any similarities. But still, more than we know, dogs as object of our love or repulsion, affect our lifestyle. (more)How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
Dogs and in general all pets tend to spend more of their summer time outdoors. In case of dogs, it is very important to be careful about parasites, bugs and micro organisms that can harm them while they get their whiff of fresh air. (more)Pet Care: Dogs
The benefits we can reap from having a pet can be thoroughly rewarding. Dogs are known as "Man's best friend" for their unconditional love, loyalty and friendship. (more)
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- The Different Exotic Animal Behavior
- Dog Training Toronto
- Dog Supplies
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- The Different Kinds of Rabbit Care and Tips
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Types of Iguana Habitats
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Dog Training Devices
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming