Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Dog House Training Tips
House training a puppy dog is very important for the well being of both the puppy and the owner. The number one reason that dogs are surrender to animal shelters is problems with inappropriate elimination, so it is easy to see why proper house training is such an important consideration.
It is important to establish proper toilet habits when the puppy is young, since these habits can last a lifetime, and be very hard to break once they are established. It is very important for the owner to house break the puppy properly. In most cases, true house training cannot begin until the puppy is six months old. Puppies younger than this generally lack the bowel and bladder control that is needed for true house training.
Puppies younger than six months should be confined to a small, puppy proofed room when the owner cannot supervise them. The entire floor of the room should be covered with newspapers or similar absorbent materials, and the paper changed every time it is soiled. As the puppy gets older, the amount of paper used can be reduced as the puppy begins to establish a preferred toilet area. It is this preferred toilet area that will form the basis of later house training.
The Do’s of House Training Your Dog:
* Always provide the puppy with constant, unrestricted access to the established toilet area.
* When you are at home, take the puppy to the toilet area every 45 minutes.
* When you are not at home or cannot supervise the puppy, you must be sure the puppy cannot make a mistake. This means confining the puppy to a small area that has been thoroughly puppy proofed. Puppy proofing a room is very similar to baby proofing a room, since puppies chew on everything.
* Always provide a toilet area that does not resemble anything in your home. Training the puppy to eliminate on concrete, blacktop, grass or dirt is a good idea. The puppy should never be encouraged to eliminate on anything that resembles the hardwood flooring, tile or carpet he may encounter in a home.
* Praise and reward your puppy every time he eliminates in the established toilet area. The puppy must learn to associate toileting in the established areas with good things, like treats, toys and praise from his owner.
* Always keep a set schedule when feeding your puppy, and provide constant access to fresh, clean drinking water. A consistent feeding schedule equals a consistent toilet schedule.
* Using a crate can be a big help in helping a puppy develop self control. The concept behind crate training is that the puppy will not want to toilet in his bed area.
* And finally, it is important to be patient when house training a puppy. House training can take as long as several months, but it is much easier to house train right the first time than to retrain a problem dog.
The Don’ts of House Training Your Puppy
* Never reprimand or punish the puppy for mistakes. Punishing the puppy will only cause fear and confusion.
* Do not leave food out for the puppy all night long. Keep to a set feeding schedule in order to make the dog’s toilet schedule as consistent as possible.
* Do not give the puppy the run of the house until he has been thoroughly house trained.
House training is not always the easiest thing to do, and some dogs tend to be much easier to house train than others. It is important, however to be patient, consistent and loving as you train your dog. A rushed, frightened or intimidated dog will not be able to learn the important lessons of house training. Once you have gained your puppy’s love and respect, however, you will find that house training your puppy is easier than you ever expected.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesUse Reward Training To Train Your Dog
Reward training has indeed been made use of for many years to train dogs; it is a good method to teach dogs of a small size like Pomeranians that are too small to act in response to choke collars and other insensitive techniques of training. (more)How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
Dog training can endow with a remarkable extent of contentment. Every dog ought to be familiar with the minimum fundamentals for coexisting with people - sit, come, do not jump on people, stay, and so on. (more)Related Articles
- Dog Training Devices
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Dog Potty Training - Learn How to Potty Train Your Dog
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Why Use a Dog Training School
- House Training Your Dog
- Important Guide To Training Your Dog
- Dog Training Toronto
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
- Learn about Dog Bites
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- The Many Types Of Dogs
- Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
Dogs are certainly mans best friends and for this reason most dog owners treat their pets with the proper attention and dedication. As much as you love your dog and even if you consider him a dear member of your family, sometimes his barking becomes a problem both for your family and for neighbours. (more)Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
If you are the happy owner of a dog, you have certainly shared many pleasant moments with your pet. The unpleasant part of being a dog-owner comes when your family and neighbors are disturbed by the continuous and annoying barking of your best friend. (more)Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
Dogs are worthless training material during the neonate period because of their underdeveloped learning capacities. The best time to train a puppy is usually between three and four months after its birth when its learning capacity has fully developed. The puppy of a docile litter is usually teachable and submissive by nature. (more)Train Your Dog to Using a Training Collar
There are many excellent training devices that can be used when training your dog. The most basic piece of equipment that every dog owner should own is a quality training collar. (more)Train Your Dog For Collar And Lead
Walking on a collar and lead is an important skill that every dog must learn. Even the best trained dog should never be taken outside the home or yard without a sturdy collar and leash. (more)
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Some Tips to Train Your Cat with the Toilet
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Boxer Puppy Training
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- Beagle Puppy Training
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
- Training an Exotic Pet
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- Training Cockatiels
- All You Wanted to Know About Dog Grooming
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs