Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
Summer is a time when we all dream about vacations and relaxing somewhere warm but at that time allergies are also kicking in. If pay attention to statistics we will discover that human allergies multiply by several fold during this season. One more concerning fact is that along with human allergies dog allergies also tend to grow during this season. Approximately 20 % of all the dogs suffer from allergies and this number are on the rise. Just like us humans, animals also suffer from allergies due to changes in the environment.
General dog allergies are triggered by flea bites, pollen, tobacco smoke, certain foods, and even other pets also have a strong influence in your pets allergies. Generally dogs between 6 months to 3 years are prone to these diseases, these symptoms do appear to be seasonal at first, but over time they become chronic. Just like in humans, dog allergies are an inherited trait & lifelong disease.
If your dog is expecting puppies and her current health status has been affected by allergies, it is also possible for the puppies to inherit such condition. According to a study, we can also determine that allergies can be breed specific, and some breeds are more prone to allergy compared to others. Boxers Terriers & Shih-Tzu's are more prone to allergies compared to others. General allergy observed is skin disease. Itching & scratching in dogs is nothing short of a nightmare for the pet owners. Just imagine due to this situation pet owners suffer a lot then how much the dog that is undergoing real suffering will be!
We, as human beings can talk to doctors, take medicines and such but your pet is in a very tough situation as him/her can only feel the itch/pain and then scratch, bite & lick, actions that can lead to a more aggravated situation if not taken seriously. If your dog is itching & scratching continuously then it is primarily important to find out the cause of the itch. This can be quite difficult. During this period dog's skin becomes very itchy, irritated & red in color. Scientific name for this skin disease is atomic dermatitis & it can be widespread over the dog's body, or may be just limited to some portion of the body; generally belly, face, rump, groin etc.
This intense chewing & scratching culminates into heavy hair loss & inflamed areas of the skin which generally leads to secondary infections. Testing will definitely let you know which allergen have caused to suffer your dear dog. After going through dog's clinical history & environmental surroundings, your vet doc may tell you to go through the dog's blood test, to identify your pet's allergy. Initially your vet will take a sample blood from your dog & will send it for laboratory testing.
Serum is tested for allergies pertaining to grass, weed specific to the geographic areas as well as to other important allergens such as dust mite, mold, cat dander, food & insects. Generally, the vet can treat your dog allergy through immunotherapy. Depending upon the laboratory findings and blood test your vet can provide you with an immunotherapy treatment kit which is specific to your dog's individual allergies. Immunotherapy is really an effective treatment which it helps to build your dog's immunity.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesRules for Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces. The dog must have the initial training learned and practiced, so we would have no problems when walking him. (more)Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
The basis of training any animal is winning its trust, confidence and respect. True training cannot begin until the animal has accepted you as its leader, respects you and entrusted you with his or her confidence. (more)Related Articles
- The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- All about Breeding Dogs
- Why Do Dogs Snore
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Finding a Good School for Your Dog
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- Learn about the Newfoundland Dogs
- The Collie Dog Can Be A Sporting Dog
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Living with Your Dog and Renting
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
- For The Love Of Dogs - Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Do not Skimp on your Dog Bed
- New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- Dog Potty Training - Potty Train Your Dog
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- About Foxhound Dog
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- House Training Your Dog
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- How to Notice Swelling in Dogs
- Making Your Dog Obey You
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
This article will help you realise the importance of having your basic dog supplies at your reach. Some may underestimate the needs of pets as compared to our own needs. (more)Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
One of the significant bull dog terriers we have is the American Staffordshire Terrier who is of great notice since it possesses intriguing seemingly opposing characters. (more)Learn about the Dog Lovers Club
The American Kennel Club has a dog lovers section called "For the Love of the Purebred Dog". This article is more than a canine purebred section. It is dedicated to living at home with dogs. This dog club gives informative and educational materials .. (more)Boston Terrier Dog
The Boston terrier is a well-muscled and compact breed. This is not really surprising since the Boston terrier was first bred by people who sought to use them in dog fights. (more)Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces - it is necessary that he respects the disciplinary rules settled before and learned. (more)
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Dog Training Guide
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Quality Dog Supplies at Sensible Rates
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- Get Rid of the Neighbors' Complaints with the Efficient Dog Training Collars
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- How to Manage Pet Allergies
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Living with a Dog
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- How to Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- About Dog House Training
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds