Buying the Right Dog Food
It is not enough for dogs to have a full stomach after every meal. Besides a non-sedentary lifestyle, pets need proper nutrition in order to be healthy, happy and their coats soft and glossy. The cost of dog food and its brand is only important if dogs can read or pay for his meal. The easiest and best way to find out which food is best for man's best friend is to observe how their response is to the chow they take in.
The following are tips that one should remember in feeding dog any kibbles, nibbles or whatever kinds of treats.
• Chocolate is lethal to dogs.
Specifically, the dark chocolate kind. The major components methylxanthine alkaloids and theobromine in regular chocolate is digested & excreted by humans in as little as 3 hours but the same compounds when ingested by dogs stays inside them for 18 hours. This has been proven to be fatal. Symptoms of chocolate dog poisoning include vomiting, excessive urination, hyperactivity, diarrhea, followed by seizure, coma, and death.
• Read the label.
Dogs should have a diet rich in meat protein. When purchasing canned foods, look for chicken, turkey meat, pork or other animal by products as these keep the dog's coat smooth and healthy. Dogs prefer foods which contain high vegetable protein levels because these are easily digestible and are a great source of energy.
• Don't give a dog a bone!
Contrary to the popular nursery song, feeding bones to dogs is not a good idea. Small soft bones gnawed and eaten by dogs feel like splinters inside their throat causing them to choke. Remember, dogs have short digestive tracts. They also have no saliva amylase, an enzyme that is used to pre-digest starch.
• Dog food supplements are unnecessary...
...only if one is sure that their dog receives a regular intake of complete and balanced food nutrients. Good sources of carbohydrates include rice, corn, oatmeal, wheat. However, a highly specialized nutrition is only necessary if dogs do not get enough physical activity or are currently undergoing a stressful routine change.
• Raw fish and eggs are a no-no.
Consistent consumption of raw eggs make a dog's skin breakout. In canine terms - since eggs diminish the biotin available in their body - dermatitis and hair loss are its usual effects. Raw fish meanwhile results in thiamine-deficiency in a dog. Its effects usually are loss of appetite, abnormal posture, weakness and in some cases death.
Feed your dog a healthy diet and he will return the favor with a beautiful coat and many years of companionship!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHomemade Dog Food Recipes
Useful information on healthy homemade dog food recipes that can provide your dog proper nutrition that it needs. You will also find that it is actually very affordable. (more)Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)Related Articles
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Collie Dog Can Be a Sporting Dog
- Dog House Training Tips
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- The Many Types of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Classifying Your Dog
- How to Stop Your Mixed Breed Dog Whining Problems
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- Getting a Collor for Your Dog
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Train Dogs For Collar And Lead
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Making Your Dog Obey You
- Some Background about the Terrier Dog
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- Types of Dog Training Collars - Affordable and Highly Effecient
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Getting Your Dog Ready for a Show
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
- Why Do Dogs Snore
Hypoallergenic dog food is a type of food for dogs with food allergies. If you want to have a healthy dog you should try this type of food. (more)Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
Using a dog training collar is an efficient and safe way to correct your dog’s unpleasant behavior. There are several types of dog training collars on the market, but they all operate according to the same system. (more)Dogs Pet Care - Caring of Dog Pet
The benefits we can reap from having a pet can be thoroughly rewarding. Dogs are known as "Man's best friend" for their unconditional love, loyalty and friendship. (more)Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
If you are looking to train your dog you might consider using the 'clicker training' method, which has recently become popular amongst dog trainers all over the country. In this method the trainer has to make use of a clicker, .. (more)Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
While there are many breeds of hypoallergenic dogs, if you are looking for a dog that is unique, then you may want to research hairless breeds. While many people believe these breeds are made up of small dogs, this is not always the case. Medium sized dogs can also be found. (more)
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- What You Should Know About Dog Bites
- Non Hypoallergenic Dogs and Hypoallergenic Dogs
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- House Training Your Dog
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- Types Of Dogs
- For The Love Of Dogs - Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- How to Care for a Hypoallergenic Dog
- The Ocicat and His Food, What You Should Know
- Weight Gains in Dog
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Dog Training Toronto
- Rules for Walking Your Dog
- History of the Dog Fence
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- Why Use a Dog Training School