Buying the Right Dog Food
It is not enough for dogs to have a full stomach after every meal. Besides a non-sedentary lifestyle, pets need proper nutrition in order to be healthy, happy and their coats soft and glossy. The cost of dog food and its brand is only important if dogs can read or pay for his meal. The easiest and best way to find out which food is best for man's best friend is to observe how their response is to the chow they take in.
The following are tips that one should remember in feeding dog any kibbles, nibbles or whatever kinds of treats.
• Chocolate is lethal to dogs.
Specifically, the dark chocolate kind. The major components methylxanthine alkaloids and theobromine in regular chocolate is digested & excreted by humans in as little as 3 hours but the same compounds when ingested by dogs stays inside them for 18 hours. This has been proven to be fatal. Symptoms of chocolate dog poisoning include vomiting, excessive urination, hyperactivity, diarrhea, followed by seizure, coma, and death.
• Read the label.
Dogs should have a diet rich in meat protein. When purchasing canned foods, look for chicken, turkey meat, pork or other animal by products as these keep the dog's coat smooth and healthy. Dogs prefer foods which contain high vegetable protein levels because these are easily digestible and are a great source of energy.
• Don't give a dog a bone!
Contrary to the popular nursery song, feeding bones to dogs is not a good idea. Small soft bones gnawed and eaten by dogs feel like splinters inside their throat causing them to choke. Remember, dogs have short digestive tracts. They also have no saliva amylase, an enzyme that is used to pre-digest starch.
• Dog food supplements are unnecessary...
...only if one is sure that their dog receives a regular intake of complete and balanced food nutrients. Good sources of carbohydrates include rice, corn, oatmeal, wheat. However, a highly specialized nutrition is only necessary if dogs do not get enough physical activity or are currently undergoing a stressful routine change.
• Raw fish and eggs are a no-no.
Consistent consumption of raw eggs make a dog's skin breakout. In canine terms - since eggs diminish the biotin available in their body - dermatitis and hair loss are its usual effects. Raw fish meanwhile results in thiamine-deficiency in a dog. Its effects usually are loss of appetite, abnormal posture, weakness and in some cases death.
Feed your dog a healthy diet and he will return the favor with a beautiful coat and many years of companionship!About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHomemade Dog Food Recipes
Useful information on healthy homemade dog food recipes that can provide your dog proper nutrition that it needs. You will also find that it is actually very affordable. (more)Hypoallergenic Dog Food
Hypoallergenic dog food is a type of food for dogs with food allergies. If you want to have a healthy dog you should try this type of food. (more)Related Articles
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
- Learn about Dog Bites
- Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- Know The Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- Training Your Dog To Eliminate Bad Habits
- Types Of Dogs
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Dog Supplies - The Basics
- Start Training Your Dog by Winning His Respect and Confidence
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Training Terrier Dogs
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Dog House Training Tips
- Correct Any Kind of Upsetting Behavior with Dog Training Collars
- Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- Dogs Can Make You a Better Person
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- Health Insurance for Your Dog
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- How to Groom Your Dog
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Why Are Dog Beds an Important Part of Dog Supplies
- Importance of Dog Grooming
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
Two of the most important facets of a dog’s life include dog grooming and dog food.Dog grooming keeps them healthy and in shape and Dog Food keeps them alive. (more)Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
Reward training has indeed been made use of for many years to train dogs; it is a good method to teach dogs of a small size like Pomeranians that are too small to act in response to choke collars and other insensitive techniques of training. (more)How to Do Dog Potty Training
Tired of your lovely dog peeing all over the places, trying to teach she/he how to use a potty? Here are some key points to potty training. (more)Important Guide To Training Your Dog
The first type of dog training is known as puppy preschool. This is a dog training course meant for puppies that are about 6 weeks to 5 months old. The second type of dog training course is meant for the dogs that are at least 5 months old. (more)Best Night Dog
Actually the Bullmastiff was once called the Gamekeeper's Night Dog, which means the night dog of the hunting guard. (more)
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
- Cats Food - Which Is the Best Cat Food?
- House Training Your Dog
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- How to Notice Swelling in Dogs
- All about Breeding Dog
- The Special Needs Of A Hypoallergenic Dog
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- Protect Your Dog From Diseases
- Dogs and Their Different Behavior
- Put an End to the Annoying Barking of Your Dog with the Electronic Dog Training Collar
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- For The Love Of Dogs - Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
- Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Use a Guard Dog at Home