Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Bring a Puppy into Your Home
One of the most annoying things about pet dogs is their habit of answering to calls of nature almost anywhere they feel like it. Your bedroom rug, the drawing room sofa, your Persian carpet; everything seems as good a place as any for your little pup to go cool his bladders on.
If you have just brought your pup home therefore, buckle up and get ready to save your upholstery and carpets by means of a simple method we call Housebreaking.
Now, here's what housebreaking is all about. We humans tend to visit the loo when we feel like we must relieve ourselves, in one way or the other (thank god for that!). However, our pooches don't have mother potty training them at the age of 1, telling them to take a crap at some fixed time on a shiny blue potty, and hence they tend to treat everything like a big ol' lavatory. And that would be ok if we were dogs perhaps but most average human beings tend not to like that sort of thing. So what we have to do is potty train our doggies ourselves. And this training, to cut a long story short, is what we call 'housebreaking'.
Now, facts first. Remember,
• No pup is able to keep himself from peeing or ...well...relieving himself in some other form, till about 12 weeks of age. Your attempts at training your dog therefore must begin before this.
• Most puppies need to engage in bathroom related activities approximately 6-7 times a day
• Every time your dog seems to be following its tail rather slowly, and doing giddy rounds around a non-descriptive area put your shoes on to take it out cause it's getting ready to relieve itself
• Take your dog out every time it has a meal because food immediately puts pressure on its colon and bladder.
The first lesson in housebreaking, 'communicate with your dog'. Make sure you let your dog know that you don't like him peeing all over the drawing room loud and clear. No there isn't any need to use violence; just a loud "NO' should do the trick. For best results catch him in the act so that he has no problem in associating the rebuke with the exact action.
Keep a keen eye on your pooch. As soon as he looks like he could do with a visit to the good old lavatory take him out. Once he relieves himself at the right place pat him to show how much you appreciate the fact that he didn't pee all over your favorite rug. Give him a biscuit, and an appreciative nod and he'll know.
See, dogs are like politicians, always eager to please. They will do anything to get cuddled and patted by their masters, thus it's always easy to make them do things as per your requirements. You want him to pee outside? Show him how happy you are when he does so and he'll do it always, you want him to crap every morning? Give him a friendly pat and he'll bound off to be at it everyday. For your part make sure you know your dog's habits, build your routine round his, try and find out what his usual urinating or defecating times are, is it after dinner? Before going to bed? Or right in the morning? Take him out accordingly.
Proper communication will ensure your pooch's proper health and your peace, and of course a clean bedroom rug.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesDog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)New Puppy - Basic Dog Training
Bringing home a new puppy is always an exciting time for the entire family. Getting that new puppy off the right start with proper training is very important to making that puppy a valued member of his human family. (more)Related Articles
- House Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Buying a New Puppy - Factors to Consider
- Crate Training Puppy - The Correct Setup
- Puppy Training - Potential Problems that You May Encounter
- Boxer Puppy Training
- Puppy Potty Training - Potty Train Your Puppy
- Beagle Puppy Training
- Puppy Training Guide - Everything about Training Puppies
- Litter Training a Puppy
- Paper Training a Puppy - Training Puppies
- Crate Training Puppies - Train Your Puppy
- Puppy Training Tips for First Timers
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes
- Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Setting Up Your Iguana Home
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- Dog Grooming at Home
- How To Assemble Home For Pet
- Keeping a Reptile at Home
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- Make A Perfect Home For Your Exotic Animal
- The Temperature in Your Iguana Home
- Use a Guard Dog at Home
- Organic Pest Control in Your Home
- The Different Kind of Lighting to an Iguana Home
- How Exotic Pets Can Adopt to Your Home
- Learn to Sustain Freshwater Fish at Home
- How to Bring an Exotic Pet into Your Home
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Dog Training Toronto
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Health Insurance for Dogs
Puppy Training Pads (more)Labrador Puppy Training
Labrador Puppy Training (more)Puppy House Training Tips
Many pet shops like to showcase puppies because they are easier to sell. Kids and teenagers simply adore these little furry animals, and they can't seem to take their eyes off them. (more)What to Do When Your Puppy Bark Non-Stop in the Middle of the Night
You just had an enjoyable day playing with your new puppy and you badly wanted to have a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, something is causing your puppy to bark non-stop. (more)Puppy Potty - Training Tips for the New Puppy Owner
Potty training can be frustrating and challenging. Many new dog owners simply give up because they get such a shock when they see their adorable pets eliminating all over the place, and during the oddest hour. (more)
- About Dog House Training
- Learn to Train Your Dog
- How to keep your dog happy using dog names and dog treats
- The Easy Way to Get Your Dog to Behave
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- How To Notice Swelling In Dogs
- Dogs Can Make You a Better Person
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Pet Care: Dogs
- How to Feed Your Dog Treats
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- How to Do Dog Potty Training
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Training Your Dog Using Rewards And Positive Reinforcement
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Use Reward Training To Train Your Dog
- Dogs And Their Different Behavior
- Best Night Dog