Some Background about the Terrier Dog
Welsh terrier dogs were originally bred as hunting dogs. However, this native breed of Wales soon rose to become show dogs. Breeders attempted to outdo each other by developing the Welsh terrier dogs' wiry coats and coloration. People often take a Welsh terrier dog as a pet because it is one of the most mild-mannered of terriers.
You might think that this characteristic would make it one of the more boring terriers. In fact, even the most die-hard terrier fan can have fun with this breed. This is because of the fact that Welsh terrier dogs love to play. This makes the Welsh terrier dog a great companion.
Although not as high-energy as other breeds, this dog still is a terrier, which means that it still does contain some high levels of energy. Because of this, it is advised that they be given proper exercise regularly. Another good advice to follow is to properly socialize the dog at an early age. This would help the dog be friendlier towards humans and would help the dog to develop a good tolerance of other animals. It is generally friendly around children, provided that the children do not provoke or pester it too much.
The Welsh terrier dog can be trained using different methods. What you need to keep in mind when training a Welsh terrier dog is that you can be firm but gentle. The Welsh terrier dog can be taught to perform a variety of tricks. This breed actually can do very well in fly ball tricks or tricks that involve catching flying things such as a Frisbee.
You should brush a Welsh terrier dog's hair at least once a week in order to remove dead or loose hair. This would help prevent unnecessary shedding inside the house. Although regular bathing is not really required, it is advisable that you wipe off dust and dirt from your dog regularly using a damp washcloth.
Because of its high energy level, it is advisable that a Welsh terrier dog be kept in a fenced in yard. This will give the dog enough space to play catch. However, if you take it out regularly to give it exercise, a Welsh terrier dog can do without the yard.
One thing that always gets people's attention is the Welsh terrier dog's excellent ability to jump. Because of this ability, it is sure to provide a lot of amusement to people. The main reason that it can jump and hop like it does is its long legs. It is because of these legs that a Welsh terrier dog can perform various tricks that other dog breeds are unable to do.
Why do you need to know all these things about Welsh terrier dogs? First of all, understanding these facts will help you discover the best way to take care of a Welsh terrier dog. Understanding these facts will also allow you to decide whether a Welsh terrier dog will make the best pet for you.
By learning all you can about Welsh terrier dogs, you get the knowledge necessary to provide the needs of your pet. This means that you will be able to develop a good, caring relationship with your pet.
Of course, learning all that you can about Welsh terrier dogs is not really easy. But you need to remember that life sometimes requires sacrifices to be made.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesReserved Dog Scottish Terrier
The Scottish terriers, also known as Scotties, are sharply-legged British terriers. They are one among other go-to-ground and wire-layered terriers urbanized in the highlands of Scotland. (more)Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
Just what is Boston Terrier Rescue? This is an association faithful to housing abandoned or surplus Boston terriers. They set tragedy rescues and conducts appropriate adoption of these terriers to their lasting homes. (more)Related Articles
- Interesting Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
- Norfolk Terrier Dog as Pet
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
- The American Pit Bull Terrier
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Different Type of Terrier Breeds
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- Some Facts about the Silky Pet Terrier
- Getting A Cairn Terrier
- The Variety of Terriers
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- Jack Russell Terrier in a One Pack
- Some History of the Yorkshire Terrier
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- The Many Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Information about the Stafford Bull Terrier
- The Wheaten Terrier
- Tips for Dog Grooming at Home
- Here Is a List of Hypoallergenic Dogs
- What Are the Dog Allergies Symptoms?
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Information On Coccidiosis In Dogs
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
- Dog Coats for Winter Comfort & Safety
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
The kind layered wheaten terrier would be considered by most people to be "high maintenance." This means that a lot of fear should be given to it to uphold its build. This speech also means that a lot of steps should be full to nursing for the dog right. So how do you treatment for you're sappy caked wheaten terrier pet dog? (more)Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
Before you get a Cairn terrier pet dog, you basic to be sincerely that you know what you are getting yourself into. (more)Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
Airedale Terrier This is known to be the major dog in the Terrier breed. Standing a common of 23 inches from the shoulder, this dog shows off the beauty and style that make them fit for both dog deference trials and show rings. (more)Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
From the jest little pals to the more aggressive ones, terrier dogs definitely have eclectic spectrum of temperaments and dispositions that everybody would find interesting. (more)Boston Terrier Dog
The Boston terrier is a well-muscled and compact breed. This is not really surprising since the Boston terrier was first bred by people who sought to use them in dog fights. (more)
- How to Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- Why Is Dog Food So Important For Dog Grooming
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
- Using a Guide Dog For Normal Life
- Protect Your Dog From Diseases
- Dog Training Guide
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Dog Supplies - The Basics
- Non Hypoallergenic Dogs and Hypoallergenic Dogs
- A Dog Can Make You Become A Better Person
- Dogs and Dog supplies - Quality supply at sensible rates
- Types Of Dogs
- How to Notice Swelling in Dogs
- Making Your Dog Obey You
- Dog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
- Types of dog training collars - affordable and highly effecient
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds
- Mammoth Dog Beds
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings