Some Background about the Terrier Dog
Welsh terrier dogs were originally bred as hunting dogs. However, this native breed of Wales soon rose to become show dogs. Breeders attempted to outdo each other by developing the Welsh terrier dogs' wiry coats and coloration. People often take a Welsh terrier dog as a pet because it is one of the most mild-mannered of terriers.
You might think that this characteristic would make it one of the more boring terriers. In fact, even the most die-hard terrier fan can have fun with this breed. This is because of the fact that Welsh terrier dogs love to play. This makes the Welsh terrier dog a great companion.
Although not as high-energy as other breeds, this dog still is a terrier, which means that it still does contain some high levels of energy. Because of this, it is advised that they be given proper exercise regularly. Another good advice to follow is to properly socialize the dog at an early age. This would help the dog be friendlier towards humans and would help the dog to develop a good tolerance of other animals. It is generally friendly around children, provided that the children do not provoke or pester it too much.
The Welsh terrier dog can be trained using different methods. What you need to keep in mind when training a Welsh terrier dog is that you can be firm but gentle. The Welsh terrier dog can be taught to perform a variety of tricks. This breed actually can do very well in fly ball tricks or tricks that involve catching flying things such as a Frisbee.
You should brush a Welsh terrier dog's hair at least once a week in order to remove dead or loose hair. This would help prevent unnecessary shedding inside the house. Although regular bathing is not really required, it is advisable that you wipe off dust and dirt from your dog regularly using a damp washcloth.
Because of its high energy level, it is advisable that a Welsh terrier dog be kept in a fenced in yard. This will give the dog enough space to play catch. However, if you take it out regularly to give it exercise, a Welsh terrier dog can do without the yard.
One thing that always gets people's attention is the Welsh terrier dog's excellent ability to jump. Because of this ability, it is sure to provide a lot of amusement to people. The main reason that it can jump and hop like it does is its long legs. It is because of these legs that a Welsh terrier dog can perform various tricks that other dog breeds are unable to do.
Why do you need to know all these things about Welsh terrier dogs? First of all, understanding these facts will help you discover the best way to take care of a Welsh terrier dog. Understanding these facts will also allow you to decide whether a Welsh terrier dog will make the best pet for you.
By learning all you can about Welsh terrier dogs, you get the knowledge necessary to provide the needs of your pet. This means that you will be able to develop a good, caring relationship with your pet.
Of course, learning all that you can about Welsh terrier dogs is not really easy. But you need to remember that life sometimes requires sacrifices to be made.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesReserved Dog Scottish Terrier
The Scottish terriers, also known as Scotties, are sharply-legged British terriers. They are one among other go-to-ground and wire-layered terriers urbanized in the highlands of Scotland. (more)Bull Dog Terriers First Impressions
One of the significant bull dog terriers we have is the American Staffordshire Terrier who is of great notice since it possesses intriguing seemingly opposing characters. (more)Related Articles
- Information Regarding Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Cairn Terrier Pet Dogs
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- The Boston Terrier Dog
- Training Your Terrier Dog
- Learn about the Jack Russell Terrier
- The American Pit Bull Terrier
- The Wheaten Terrier
- Some History of the Yorkshire Terrier
- Getting A Cairn Terrier
- The Variety of Terriers
- Different Type of Terrier Breeds
- Intereting Facts about Silky Terriers
- Border Terriers Things to Care About
- Getting a Norfolk Pet Terrier
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- About the Stafford Bull Terrier
- About the Silky Pet Terrier
- Have a Terrier as a Pet
- Jack Russell Terrier in a One Pack
- Information about the Highland Terrier
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- The Collie Dog Can Be A Sporting Dog
- How to Find the Right Dog Supplies for Your Pet
- Get Your Money Worth When You Buy a Mammoth Dog Bed
- How to Keep Ticks Away from Your Dog
- Information On Exersise For Different Dog Breeds
- Weight Gains in Dog
- Dogs and Their Different Behavior
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Hypoallergenic Dog Care
- About Foxhound Dog
- Dog Supplies
- Making Your Dog Obey You
If you forecast to get a Norfolk terrier pet dog, here are some clothes you should know The Norfolk terrier originated from England. It is actually very affectionate and does not exhibit a disagreeable life. (more)Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
Airedale Terrier This is known to be the major dog in the Terrier breed. Standing a common of 23 inches from the shoulder, this dog shows off the beauty and style that make them fit for both dog deference trials and show rings. (more)Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
The kind layered wheaten terrier would be considered by most people to be "high maintenance." This means that a lot of fear should be given to it to uphold its build. This speech also means that a lot of steps should be full to nursing for the dog right. So how do you treatment for you're sappy caked wheaten terrier pet dog? (more)Boston Terrier Dog Rescue Centers
Just what is Boston Terrier Rescue? This is an association faithful to housing abandoned or surplus Boston terriers. They set tragedy rescues and conducts appropriate adoption of these terriers to their lasting homes. (more)Learn about the Weaten Dog Terrier
Like most terriers, the Wheaten terriers, or simply called as Wheatens, were originally bred as hunters. Therefore, their physique naturally evolved as strong and healthy. (more)
- Know about Your Dalmation Dog Breed
- Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- The Many Types Of Dogs
- Get A Mammoth Dog Bed
- Hypoallergenic Dogs - Non Hypoallergenic Dogs and Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- How To Keep Your Dog Tamed
- Shelter Housing for Dogs
- The Dog Lovers Club
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- You Can Give Help to Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- History of the Dog Fence
- Information On Vaccinations In Dogs
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Teach Your Dog Proper Social Skills
- A Little Bit Of History About Dogs