Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Learn about the Foxhound Dog
Foxhounds were the very first of the canine races in Great Britain to come under the domination of scientific breeding. There had been hounds of more ancient origin, such as the Southern Hound and the Bloodhound; but something different was wanted towards the end of the seventeenth century to hunt the wild deer that had become somewhat scattered after Cromwell's civil war. The demand was consequently for a quicker hound than those hitherto known, and people devoted to the chase began to breed it.
Somewhat broad, not peaked like the Bloodhound, but long from the apex to the frontal bones, eyebrows very prominent, cheeks cut clean from the eye to the nostril, ears set low and in their natural condition thin and shapely, but not large, nose large, jaw strong and level, and small dewlaps, expression fierce, and with the best often repellent.
Very bright and deeply set, full of determination, and with a very steady expression. The look of the Foxhound is very remarkable.
Neck Should be perfectly clean, no skin ruffle whatever. The length of neck is of importance, both for stooping and giving an air of majesty.
The blades should be well into the back, and should slant, otherwise be wide and strong, to meet the arms, that should be long and powerful.
Legs and feet:-
The bone should be perfectly straight from the arm downward, and descend in the same degree of size to the ankles. The knee should be almost flat and level; there should be no curve until coming to the toes, which should be very strong, round, cat-shaped, and every toe clean set as it were.
The coat is hard hair, but short and smooth, the texture is as stiff as bristles, but beautifully laid. Colour:-
Belvoir tan, which is brown and black, perfectly intermixed, with white markings of various shapes and sizes. The white should be very opaque and clear. Black and white, with tan markings on head and stifles. Badger pied a kind of grey and white. Lemon pied, light yellow and white. Hare pied, a darker yellow and white.
Height: Dogs from 23-1/2 to 24 inches; bitches from 22 to 22-1/2 inches.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesDog Grooming is Necessary in a Dogs Life
The two most important facets of a dog's life include dog grooming and dog food. Food keeps them alive and grooming keeps them healthy and in shape. (more)Dog and Puppy Toilet Training
Dog and Puppy Toilet Training Guide. People have all sorts of ideas on how to toilet train puppy once you get them home. Pretty soon your efforts to toilet train your puppy will pay off big time. (more)Related Articles
- Some Tips on Training Your Dog
- Your Dog Being Alone
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- House Training Your Dog
- How to Care for Dogs That Are Hypoallergenic for Humans
- Dog Training Devices
- Getting a Mobile Trailer for Dog Grooming
- How to Choose the Right Bed for your Dog
- Trainer Takes Life One Dog at a Time
- What You Should Know About Dog Bites
- Austin Restaurants that Are a Dog Best Friend
- How To Choose The Right Dog Breed
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Super Dog Training Secrets Revealed
- How To Select The Right Dog Harness
- There are Many Ways to Train Your Dog
- Know about the Best Three Hypoallergenic Dogs
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders
- How to Groom Your Hypoallergenic Dog
- What Makes Mammoth Dog Beds So Durable
- Buying the Right Dog Food
- Dog Training Toronto
- Living with a Dog
- Coated Wheaten Terrier Pet Dog
- How to Use Positive Methods to Train Dogs
- Norfolk Terrier Dogs as Pets
- What to Do if Your Dog Collapses
- Keep Your Dog in Tip Top Shape
- Reserved Dog Scottish Terrier
- Learn about Clicker Training a Dog
- Treating Dogs with Insects Stings
- Tips and Techniques to Train Your Dog
- Hypoallergenic Dogs That Are Hairless
- Learn about the Dog Lovers Club
There are a number of reasons why using a dog training school is the best way to train your dog. Perhaps most important is having the best poassible relationship with your dog. (more)Learn to Train Your Dog
Why do you want to take a dog-grooming course? Didn't you learn how to bathe the family dog when you were a kid? Probably that is not the best way. You will learn allot in a course that will help you keep your pet clean and healthy without risking injury to your dog or yourself. (more)Useful tips on using Dog Toys for Training your dog
Dog training is an important aspect of growing up for dogs. Most of the dog trainings are basically behavioral training and can improve the temperament of your dog immensely. (more)Some Rules to Follow While Walking Your Dog
When we walk our dog, no matter the destination - on the city streets, in parks or in open spaces - it is necessary that he respects the disciplinary rules settled before and learned. (more)Dog Training for Proper Dog Behavior
There are many reasons for teaching proper dog behavior, and teaching such behavior has many benefits for both the human and canine partners. Dog behavior training is vital to such life and death issues as preventing aggression .. (more)
- Non Hypoallergenic Dogs and Hypoallergenic Dogs
- NFL Dog Collars Are Only the Beginning
- Corneal Ulcer in Dogs
- Differences Between Hypoallergenic Dog And Non-Hypoallergenic Dog
- A Man Best Friend is a Dog
- Exercise for Dogs with Arthritis
- Portuguese Water Dogs Are Hypoallergenic
- All about Breeding Dog
- Mammoth Dog Beds - Dogs Arthritis Pain Eased by Mammoth Dog Beds
- Dog Grooming at Home
- Terrier Dogs Interesting Facts
- How To Choose The Right Indoor And Outdoor Dog Bed
- Dog Training - A Pro Reveals His Best Methods And Tips
- Types Of Dogs
- The Tools You Need for Dog Grooming
- About the Deerhound
- Pet Care: Dogs
- Dogs Love Mammoth Dog Beds of Their Own
- Why Do Dogs Snore
- Dogs Beds - Luxury Dog Bed?