Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
We all know that cats are loving and truly wonderful creatures. These days, it isn't out of the ordinary to see a cat in virtually every other home, sleeping in the window or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. Although cats have been popular pets for as long as most can remember, they weren't domesticated less than 5,000 years or so ago. Domestication took place in the valley of the Nile, which is what research tells us today.
In the beginning, people were very grateful to cats and encouraged them to stay with them by feeding them various scraps of food. Once they were fed and perceived humans to be no threat, the cats would move in permanently with their human owners. As time went by, even the wildest of cat would allows humans to approach him, often times even hold and touch as well.
In those days, cats were very loyal and endearing pets. They proved to be great hunters, as they done their sleeping in short periods and were much easier to wake up than dogs. Cats also have better night vision than dogs, and much better hearing as well. If someone moved through the house or if they heard suspicious noises, they would wake while dogs would sleep right through it. Humans loved having cats around, and they seemed to get along good with dogs as well.
These days, cats are used for both companionship and show. They aren't used much at all for hunting mice and rodent anymore at all. There are a lot of breeds available, from the traditional alley cat to the well known Siamese. All breeds are unique in their own way, and will provide you with years of companionship if you take care of them.
Before you get a kitten or older cat, you'll first want to examine the source. If you are getting the kitten from a breeder, you'll want to make sure that the breeder has a reputable reputation. You'll also want to ensure that the cattery is clean and in good shape. The kittens that are still there shouldn't be overcrowded, and their surroundings should be clean. The litter boxes there should be kept up and both the food and water dish should be clean and full. The kittens shouldn't be caged, instead free to run around. All cats that are there should appear healthy, with shiny coats and none of their ribs showing.
When you get your kitten, it should be used to being touched and handled. The kitten should be sweet, not afraid in the least. Kittens that have been handled young normally have a better temperament. The better breeders won't allow their kittens to leave the nest until they are around 12 weeks old, with some waiting until the kittens are 16 weeks. By doing this, breeders ensure that the kitten is in good health and his immune system has properly developed.
There's no mistaken the fact that cats are great to own. You can get a kitten from a reputable breeder, through a local newspaper, or an adoption agency. Cats can also be obtained from a local pound, although people normally don't like to choose this option. No matter which way you decide to pursue, you should always make sure that your cat is healthy. If you get a healthy cat, you won't have a lot of problems later on down the road. Healthy cats were taken care of - and normally have everything up to date - including their vaccinations.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesWhat You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
The first thing you should know is that breeding cats takes time. For the next two months after the litter is born, you'll need to clean the area on a daily basis. (more)About Cat Breeds
These days there are over 70 distinct cat breeds, which are recognized through cat registries. There are several registries that will recognize around 40 breeds or so, as they exclude the more domestic breeds such as tigers. (more)Related Articles
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Learn about Cat Health
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- Crate Training Your Cat
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Cats Can Have Diabetes
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Caring For Catfish
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Dealing With Cats
- The Wonderful Cats
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Cat Training Tools
- Cat Beds - Cat Igloos Beds are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Cats Health Problems
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- How To Introduce Your Cat
- Cats Food - Which Is the Best Cat Food?
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- Have Fun Naming Your Cat
- Caring For The Older Cat
In the beginning, they were used for one purpose - hunting and killing rodents. As the years progressed, we began to breed cats more to our liking. Now days, there are several different breeds of cats - which you can.. (more)The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
Have you always wanted a cat, but heard some breeds make better pets than others? Maybe you have always wanted a cat, but do not know anything about them? The Persian cat breed is one of the oldest cats .. (more)About Breeding Cats
Cat breeding is not as relaxed as just leasing cats mate. Breeding is not just about choosing cats to create adorable kittens to earn money. To breed cats is not the same as to give them. (more)Information about Cat Breeding
Over the last thousands of living, cats have cute much handled their breeding themselves. In the opening, they were used for one object - hunting and murder rodents. As the time progressed, we began to breed cats more to our penchant. (more)Top Cat Breeds
No substance what your superior of a cat breed is, make really that your cat is wholesome and that it has already been weaned. The archetype aged to get a kitten is about 14 weeks, when their immune systems are already urbanized. (more)
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- Some Reasons Why You Should Get Insurance for Your Cat
- How to Take Care of Your Cats
- Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- Information On The Most Common Cat behaviors
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- Cats And Their Claws
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Learn How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- How To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food