Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
We all know that cats are loving and truly wonderful creatures. These days, it isn't out of the ordinary to see a cat in virtually every other home, sleeping in the window or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. Although cats have been popular pets for as long as most can remember, they weren't domesticated less than 5,000 years or so ago. Domestication took place in the valley of the Nile, which is what research tells us today.
In the beginning, people were very grateful to cats and encouraged them to stay with them by feeding them various scraps of food. Once they were fed and perceived humans to be no threat, the cats would move in permanently with their human owners. As time went by, even the wildest of cat would allows humans to approach him, often times even hold and touch as well.
In those days, cats were very loyal and endearing pets. They proved to be great hunters, as they done their sleeping in short periods and were much easier to wake up than dogs. Cats also have better night vision than dogs, and much better hearing as well. If someone moved through the house or if they heard suspicious noises, they would wake while dogs would sleep right through it. Humans loved having cats around, and they seemed to get along good with dogs as well.
These days, cats are used for both companionship and show. They aren't used much at all for hunting mice and rodent anymore at all. There are a lot of breeds available, from the traditional alley cat to the well known Siamese. All breeds are unique in their own way, and will provide you with years of companionship if you take care of them.
Before you get a kitten or older cat, you'll first want to examine the source. If you are getting the kitten from a breeder, you'll want to make sure that the breeder has a reputable reputation. You'll also want to ensure that the cattery is clean and in good shape. The kittens that are still there shouldn't be overcrowded, and their surroundings should be clean. The litter boxes there should be kept up and both the food and water dish should be clean and full. The kittens shouldn't be caged, instead free to run around. All cats that are there should appear healthy, with shiny coats and none of their ribs showing.
When you get your kitten, it should be used to being touched and handled. The kitten should be sweet, not afraid in the least. Kittens that have been handled young normally have a better temperament. The better breeders won't allow their kittens to leave the nest until they are around 12 weeks old, with some waiting until the kittens are 16 weeks. By doing this, breeders ensure that the kitten is in good health and his immune system has properly developed.
There's no mistaken the fact that cats are great to own. You can get a kitten from a reputable breeder, through a local newspaper, or an adoption agency. Cats can also be obtained from a local pound, although people normally don't like to choose this option. No matter which way you decide to pursue, you should always make sure that your cat is healthy. If you get a healthy cat, you won't have a lot of problems later on down the road. Healthy cats were taken care of - and normally have everything up to date - including their vaccinations.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesBefore Breeding Cats
The population of cats is the United States alone is unbelievable. Nearly all experts will tell you that you should spay your cat instead of breed it. No matter what experts have to say, a lot of people want to have a litter of kittens from their cat. (more)Cat Breeds - Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
Have you always wanted a cat, but heard some breeds make better pets than others? Maybe you have always wanted a cat, but do not know anything about them? The Persian cat breed is one of the oldest cats .. (more)Related Articles
- Learn More about Breeding Cats
- How to Give a Pill to Your Cat
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Caring For The Older Cat
- The Art of Cat Training
- Cat Training Books
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Ways To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- All about Siamese Cats
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Learn about Grooming Your Cats
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Your Cat and Potty Training
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Do Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- The Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
Over the last thousands of living, cats have cute much handled their breeding themselves. In the opening, they were used for one object - hunting and murder rodents. As the time progressed, we began to breed cats more to our penchant. (more)About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
The first thing you should know is that breeding cats takes time. For the next two months after the litter is born, you'll need to clean the area on a daily basis. (more)About Cat Breeds
These days there are over 70 distinct cat breeds, which are recognized through cat registries. There are several registries that will recognize around 40 breeds or so, as they exclude the more domestic breeds such as tigers. (more)Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
In the beginning, they were used for one purpose - hunting and killing rodents. As the years progressed, we began to breed cats more to our liking. Now days, there are several different breeds of cats - which you can.. (more)Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
No substance what your superior of a cat breed is, make really that your cat is wholesome and that it has already been weaned. The archetype aged to get a kitten is about 14 weeks, when their immune systems are already urbanized. (more)
- Cats and Their Scratch Post
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
- Different Kinds of Littering for Cats
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- An Exotic Pet Cat
- The Many Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- Breeding Exotic Animals
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Staffordshire Terrier Breeds Varieties
- About Catfish
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- Things To Look Out For When Buying From A Breeder Of Pets
- All about Breeding Dogs
- Dealing With Cats
- Some Reasons Why You Should Get Insurance for Your Cat
- Learn How to Tame Feral Cats
- Breed Temperament of Terrier Dogs
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat