Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
A lot of people think that cats work on their own agenda, not paying much attention to their owner - provided they have clean litter, food, and water. Cats can behave in odd manners at times, which can easily confuse their owners and make it really hard to determine what the cat wants. As much as cat behavior can be confusing, there are some ways that you can solve common cat behavior mysteries.
A common behavior that almost all cats do is push their heads into any type of object that will allow them to do it. You've probably seen your cat do this before, probably against table legs, TV stands, or another object. This can be noticed more when you have other people who own animals or those with allergies over at your house. When a cat notices this, he will rub his head against the person. In doing so, he will put a touch of saliva on the individual. In a cat's mind, he owns what he puts his saliva on.
By putting his saliva on something, that object or person will have a familiar scent. Although this can be very annoying, you have to understand that other people in your home are seen as odd or weird to your cat. When a cat does this, he is simply trying to make the visitor belong. When he brushes up against them and puts his saliva on them, he is trying to put his scent on them - which in his mind will mean that they belong in his territory.
Even though marking someone or something with saliva is beneficial to the cat, saliva is one of the most common forms of pet allergies. When someone wipes the saliva off of them, the scent will be gone and the cat will go back and attempt to do it again. Even though it may appear that cats target those with allergies, cats are actually just trying to make the visitor belong at the house. If the guest simply cannot take the saliva, allow the cat to rub himself on their pants leg a few times. Normally, this is all takes for a cat to leave the person alone.
Those of you who an indoor cat should expect the cat to spend quite a bit of time lying near windows. During this time, you may hear your cat make very strange noises or weird movements. You shouldn't fear though, as he is simply acting out his hunting instincts. Whether it's another cat or object outside moving about, the cat will see it and simply go into his native hunting instinct.
As most already know, cats love to play. They love to played with, especially with toys. They will pounce on things on occasion, which should always be expected. If you try to prevent this type of behavior, your cat will take a very negative approach and you'll end up with a lot of broken things in your home. You can always play with your cat using a string, as he will love to chase the string around the room.
The longer you own your cat, the more odd behavior you'll see him exhibit. Cats behave in strange ways, although they always have a reason for behaving the way they do. If you can understand why your cat behaves like he does, you'll have no problems keeping him healthy and happy. If you simply pay attention to your cat and the way he behaves at times - you'll be able to understand him better than ever before.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesInformation On The Most Common Cat behaviors
Cats make great pets but certain cat behavior can be quite annoying and hence you need to know how to control your cat’s strange mannerisms and impulses. (more)Cats Behavior - The Reason For Your Cat Behavior
The longer you own your cat, the more odd behavior you'll see him exhibit. Cats behave in strange ways, although they always have an argue for behaving the way they do. (more)Related Articles
- How to Take Care of Your Cats
- About Catfish
- About Cat Breeds
- Learn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Your Cats and Their Litter Box
- Cats And Their Claws
- Your Cat and Potty Training
- Learn about Cat Health
- Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
- Dealing With Cats
- Cats Can Have Diabetes
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Information about Cat Breeding
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Learn How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- Have Fun Naming Your Cat
- Some Reasons Why You Should Get Insurance for Your Cat
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Your Cat and Her Food
- Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Cats Can Have Bad Breath, Learn Ways to Deal with It
- Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- How To Introduce Your Cat
- How To Deal With Cat Allergies
- Abused Cats
- Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
A cat whisper is somewhat similar to a dog or horse whisperer, although cat whisperers relate quite well with cats. These types of people are unusually lucky and very successfully with cats. (more)Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
The first thing a cat owner should know about home décor is to keep it simple. Cats are completely convinced that they are in charge, that the house and its possessions belong to them, and that they have every right to break rip or shred anything they like. Even a well trained cat (a possible oxymoron) will (more)Cats Are Wonderful Pets
We all know the cats love and honestly wonderful creatures. The existence, it isn't out of the mundane to see a cat in near every other home, sleeping in the skylight or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. (more)How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
You might have heard your friends or family talk about baby proofing their home when their child began to be mobile, if you plan on getting a kitten you will find yourself doing the same thing. A kitten is in essence a baby, but of the feline persuasion, as such they are just as curious as any other type of (more)Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
Pets make our home more complete by being there to greet you after a hard day at work or snuggling up to you while you sleep. Cats have been termed the most fickle of creatures; however, they are sweet lovable creatures if you raise them from infancy. (more)
- Some Reason To Get Health Insurance For Your Pet Cat
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- The Art of Cat Training
- Amazing Cats
- Finding the Right Cat Litter Box
- Choosing Wheather if Your Cat Live Indoors or Outdoors
- The Wonderful Cats
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- All about the Siamese Cat
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Clearning Your Cat Litter Box
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Which Is the Best Cat Food