Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
Your first line of defense when keeping cats out of your garden is to make sure that you have your boundaries secure. If there are any gaps in your fence, you should make sure that you block them to prevent any low access. Cats are very agile animals, and can jump very high. Normally they can jump a fence, which is why you should also invest in string or taut wire across the top.
If a cat has made his way into your garden, it may be hard to get him out. Most people choose to use dogs, simply because dogs are known to dislike cats. There are several dog breeds out there that completely dislike cats, such as pit bulls and Dobermans. Cats are completely fearful of these breeds, and will flee if they see them around.
All cats are known to despise water as well. If you spot a cat in your garden, water almost always gets him out. All it takes is a bucket of water or a well aimed squirt with a garden hose to make him run away. After you have hit the cat with water several times, he should get the hint not to come back anymore. If he comes back, simply squirt him or throw more water on him until he gets the idea.
Protecting your plants is a different story. Mothballs are said to be very effective, as cats don't like the smell. You can use mothballs around your plants, garden borders, or even along the fence. There are other repellents that you can use as well, such as cayenne peppers, tobacco, lavender oil, citronella oil, mustard oil, and even lemon grass oil.
If you visit your local hardware or lawn store, you can find motion activated sprinklers. They work great in keeping cats out of your garden. Once you install the sprinkler system and a cat comes into the area, the detector will pick up the cat's presence and immediately shoot out a jet of water that will douse the cat. In most cases, all it takes is a few times of exposure to the sprinkler before a cat learns to stay out of that area.
Sound devices that feature high frequencies are also a great way to scare off cats, although they aren't annoying to humans. You can find several different models, such as those that stay on all the time, and those that are motion detected. To use this type of device, you'll need to make sure that the model you have is strong enough to cover the entire area. If you model you are using is strong enough to cover your entire garden, it should suffice in scaring off any unwanted animals.
You can also use commercial repellents as well. Commercial repellents use scents to keep cats away, and shouldn't be used near any food crops. Due to their high chemical content, commercial repellents can pollute your crops. You can find them at your local department store, with several varieties to choose from, many of which will fend off other animals from your garden as well.
If you have a garden, it can be very annoying if cats and other animals decide to make your garden their home. If you stick to your guns and do your part, you can prevent them from bothering your garden or your crops. Once you have secured your boundaries around the garden, you should try using water first. If water doesn't seem to work, you can look into another method, such as commercial repellents.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesPreventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
Your first line of defense when keeping cats out of your garden is to make sure that you have your boundaries secure. If there are any gaps in your fence, you should make sure that you block them to prevent any low access. (more)Learn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
These days, Persian cats are among the most popular breeds of cat. Well known for their gentle and sweet personalities and their long hair, Persian cats have very attractive features. (more)Related Articles
- Cat Igloos are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- About The Cat Whisperer
- About Cat Health
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- The Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Why Do Cats Use A Scratch Post
- Cat Training Books
- Grooming Your Cats
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- Have Fun Naming Your Cat
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Learn about Abused Cats
- Know What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Dealing With Cat Odor
- Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Get a Training Collar for Your Cat
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Why You Need To Use Glucosamines And Chondroitin For Dogs And Cats
- Cats Food - Which Is the Best Cat Food?
- Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- Information On The Most Common Cat behaviors
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- About Catfish
The longer you own your cat, the more odd behavior you'll see him exhibit. Cats behave in strange ways, although they always have an argue for behaving the way they do. (more)How to Take Care of Your Cats
These days, cats are among the most popular pet you can own. There are several breeds available, with the most popular being Persian and Siamese. Cats are a domesticated animal, with origins dating back some 8,000 years and beyond. Like any other pet that you may own, including dogs, cats cost money to take care of properly. (more)Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
Cats can be very loving animals if treated correctly. They can also get angry, pout, play and generally get along with everyone. Here are some tips to keep your cat happy. (more)How to Take Care of Cats
As long as you take care of your cat and take him to the vet for his checkups, he should remain healthy. Even though cats can get sick from time to time - knowing how to care for him will make a world of difference. (more)Keeping Your Cat Healthy
To keep your cat healthy a majority of time, all you really need to do is give him good shelter, food, and plenty of water. Like other living things however, cats can get sick from time to time no matter what you do. (more)
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
- The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Bonding Between Cat and Their Owners
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Cat Toys - Cats and Their Toys
- Cats Health Problems
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Caring For Your Cats
- Finding the Right Cat Litter Box
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
- Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- Clearning Your Cat Litter Box
- How to Introduce Your Cat to Your Home
- Easing the Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home