Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
Your first line of defense when keeping cats out of your garden is to make sure that you have your boundaries secure. If there are any gaps in your fence, you should make sure that you block them to prevent any low access. Cats are very agile animals, and can jump very high. Normally they can jump a fence, which is why you should also invest in string or taut wire across the top.
If a cat has made his way into your garden, it may be hard to get him out. Most people choose to use dogs, simply because dogs are known to dislike cats. There are several dog breeds out there that completely dislike cats, such as pit bulls and Dobermans. Cats are completely fearful of these breeds, and will flee if they see them around.
All cats are known to despise water as well. If you spot a cat in your garden, water almost always gets him out. All it takes is a bucket of water or a well aimed squirt with a garden hose to make him run away. After you have hit the cat with water several times, he should get the hint not to come back anymore. If he comes back, simply squirt him or throw more water on him until he gets the idea.
Protecting your plants is a different story. Mothballs are said to be very effective, as cats don't like the smell. You can use mothballs around your plants, garden borders, or even along the fence. There are other repellents that you can use as well, such as cayenne peppers, tobacco, lavender oil, citronella oil, mustard oil, and even lemon grass oil.
If you visit your local hardware or lawn store, you can find motion activated sprinklers. They work great in keeping cats out of your garden. Once you install the sprinkler system and a cat comes into the area, the detector will pick up the cat's presence and immediately shoot out a jet of water that will douse the cat. In most cases, all it takes is a few times of exposure to the sprinkler before a cat learns to stay out of that area.
Sound devices that feature high frequencies are also a great way to scare off cats, although they aren't annoying to humans. You can find several different models, such as those that stay on all the time, and those that are motion detected. To use this type of device, you'll need to make sure that the model you have is strong enough to cover the entire area. If you model you are using is strong enough to cover your entire garden, it should suffice in scaring off any unwanted animals.
You can also use commercial repellents as well. Commercial repellents use scents to keep cats away, and shouldn't be used near any food crops. Due to their high chemical content, commercial repellents can pollute your crops. You can find them at your local department store, with several varieties to choose from, many of which will fend off other animals from your garden as well.
If you have a garden, it can be very annoying if cats and other animals decide to make your garden their home. If you stick to your guns and do your part, you can prevent them from bothering your garden or your crops. Once you have secured your boundaries around the garden, you should try using water first. If water doesn't seem to work, you can look into another method, such as commercial repellents.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesPreventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
Your first line of defense when keeping cats out of your garden is to make sure that you have your boundaries secure. If there are any gaps in your fence, you should make sure that you block them to prevent any low access. (more)Cats Can Have Diabetes
Cats are one of the most popular pets in North America. They are loving pets, capable of providing you years of companionship. Like other pets, cats can sometimes get sick. There are several different types of ailments that cats can get, one of which is feline diabetes. (more)Related Articles
- Choosing Wheather if Your Cat Live Indoors or Outdoors
- The Different Kinds of Littering for Cats
- A Couple of Health Problems with Cats
- About Catfish
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Cat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- Learn How to Tame Feral Cats
- How to Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- Some Tips to Train Your Cat with the Toilet
- About the Siamese Cat
- Find Out If You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Train Your Cat or Kittens for Positive Reinforcements
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Easing the Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- Keep Your Cat Healthy - Have a Healthy Cat
- Amazing Cats
Even though cats are animals, they require nutritious and wholesome food, which you can buy from the local pet supermarket or pet supplies online stores. The important thing is that a lot of care needs to be taken as far as the health of your cat is concerned because as they grow older, they are prone to various ailments. (more)Cat Breeds - Learn About Different Cat Breeds
In the beginning, they were used for one purpose - hunting and killing rodents. As the years progressed, we began to breed cats more to our liking. Now days, there are several different breeds of cats - which you can.. (more)Aquarium Care and Catfish Care Manual
Since many catfish are available, we will discuss a handful, or tank full to decide on the choice aquarium fish. Few of the choice catfish include the Black Spotted Corydoras. (more)Which Is the Best Cat Food
Best Cat Food. Choosing the appropriate cat food for your companion is not an easy task. The formula on which cat food is based addresses mainly the need of cats. (more)Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
Owning an exotic pet really is a big decision. It requires some considerable effort to domesticate the animal and some amount of time until everyone gets fully adjusted. (more)
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
- All about the Siamese Cat
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Cat Training Tools
- Caring For Your Cats
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- How to Give a Pill to Your Cat
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- Exotic Pet Cat
- Learn More about Breeding Cats