Ways To Keep Your Cat Healthy
To keep your cat healthy a majority of time, all you really need to do is give him good shelter, food, and plenty of water. Like other living things however, cats can get sick from time to time no matter what you do.
As a cat owner, you'll want to ensure that you feed your cat only the best. Premium cat food is the ideal for cats, as the food is designed to keep your pet happy and healthy. You'll also need to pay attention to his behavior, so you'll know when he's sick and when to take him to the vet. Most of the more common ailments and sicknesses are minor, although there are some cases where a vet can be the determining factor between life and death for your cat.
Your cat's behavior will be one of the most critical factors when you are trying to determine whether or not he is under the weather. Acting sluggish, laying around all the time, lack of energy and not eating are all signs that you need to take him to the vet immediately. His coat is also a good thing to watch as well. If you notice his coat dull and patchy or notice him shedding abnormally, you should contact your vet as soon as you possibly can.
Diarrhea and vomiting are sometimes common, even with basic sickness. On the other hand, if your cat seems to be doing either one of the two for more than a day, you should contact your veterinarian. Coughing is common as well, simply because coughing will cats dislodge hairballs. If your cat seems to be coughing for another reason, you should have him checked out as soon as possible.
To ensure that your cat isn't subjected to various diseases, you should always make sure that he stays up do date with his vaccinations. There are several diseases out there that require vaccinations, including rabies and feline distemper. Feline distemper is one of most devastating diseases a cat can get, yet it is also one of the easiest to prevent as well. The disease strikes cats very fast, and leaves you as an own very little time to seek treatment.
Feline leukemia is another disease that is very deadly, yet can be prevented early on with the proper vaccinations. Although the disease isn't possible for humans to contract, it can be spread quickly among cats. There are vaccinations that can treat the disease these days, although you'll still want to be careful and not expose other cats around a cat you know has feline leukemia.
Another problem, which is very common with cats that stay outdoors, is worms. Cats that have worms will normally have a lackluster coat and little to no appetite. There are several different types of worms, including ringworm and hookworm. Worms can come from fleas, lice, or even the organs of dead rodents that cats consume. Normally, the cat will digest the eggs which will later mature and attach themselves to the walls of the intestines. If you feed your cat garlic frequently during feedings, it can help to protect him against worms.
If you take care of your cat, chances are you'll keep him healthy for years to come. You should always make sure he has quality food, and doesn't miss any of his scheduled checkups with the vet. If he gets the proper vaccinations when he is required to get them, he should be safe against numerous pests and diseases. Taking the proper steps with your cat now will prevent anything from happening in the future.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesHow to Keep Your Cat Healthy
If you take heed of your cat, odds are you'll keep him healthy for being to come. You should always make steady he has property food, and doesn't avoid any of his scheduled checkups with the vet. (more)Keeping Your Cat Healthy
To keep your cat healthy a majority of time, all you really need to do is give him good shelter, food, and plenty of water. Like other living things however, cats can get sick from time to time no matter what you do. (more)Related Articles
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Health Problems Your Cat Can Face
- About Cat Health
- Do You Need Health Insurance For Your Cat
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Pet Cat
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Cats Need Walking Also
- Caring For The Older Cat
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- Good Treatments for Cats
- Learn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
- Learn About The Cat Whisperer
- Caring For Your Cats
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Preventing Cats from Eating Your Garden
- The Art of Cat Training
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Factors to Consider when Traveling with Your Cat
- Catfish Care
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- Information on Disciplining Your Cat
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Learn How to Manage Catfish
- Learn How to Take Care of Your Cats
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Cat Breeds - Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
- Important Dog Education Advice – The Things To Take Into Account-00-620
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House
- How to Take Care of Cats
To keep your cat healthy a majority of time, all you really need to do is give him good shelter, food, and plenty of water. Like other living things however, cats can get sick from time to time no matter what you do. (more)Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
Whether you are someone who believes in vaccinations or not, they are extremely important to the health and well being of your cat. Just as with humans, there are certain viruses that can attack a cat's system if they are not properly protected. (more)A Couple of Health Problems with Cats
If you are new to owning a cat, you may be surprised to find that health problems are a common thing. No matter what breed of cat you own, health problems are to be expected. (more)Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
Most people do not to think about purchasing pet wellbeing indemnity for the family cat minimally because it seems as if cats never get sick. The veterinary disquiet most cat owners fret about is what will occur if their family cat gets run over by a departure car. Cat owners who keep their cats in the house (more)Need Health Insurance For Cat?
Before cat owners purchase health insurance for their family cat there are a few questions they should ask themselves. (more)
- Top Cat Breeds
- Health Insurance for Dogs
- Learn About Different Cat Breeds
- How to Keep Your Cat Safe in Warm Months
- Healthy Iguana
- Having Fun Training Your Cat
- Some Health Care Information For Your Pet
- Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Things You Should Know about Pet Health Care Insurance
- Bonding Between Cat and Their Owners
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Have Fun Naming Your Cat
- How to Keep Your Cat Entertained
- Choosing a Savannah Cat - Is One Right for You?
- Pet Health Insurance - Online Guide
- Introduction about Caring for Cats
- How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
- Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
- Your Cat and Her Food