Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
Hybrid Cats Represent Fashion at a High Price
Not too long ago, the rich and fashionably elite money makers were flashing their cute little teacup Chihuahuas and dressed up canines. The smaller the better. The more fashionable these little dogs were, well that was even better yet.
Before we knew it everywhere you would look you would see a flock of Chihuahuas and designer dogs under the arm of almost every pet crazed teen and trendy 'wannabe' out there. Retailers were even selling gemstone flocked attire and pet purses that matched the pampered canines.
I remember to my surprise when I was vacationing in Florida, I stopped at a small pet boutique to do some browsing and a woman reached in her purse and pulled out a mini- dog! It easily fit in the palm of one hand! The poor little dog just sat their shaking as the owner drooled and made over it like a baby. Whatever!
Well it seems as if Designer Dogs are yesterday's news, designer cats are the next 'Chic'. Designer Cats are seemingly becoming the latest trend in the Hybrid Pet Craze, but at what cost?
Breeders are taking the plain old domestic cat and cross breeding the animal with an Asian Leopard or even a Jungle cat! These are the Hybrids that are going for a very hefty price tag anywhere from a few hundred dollars to around $20,000.00.
It has become more of a style statement than anything else. These Hybrid Kitties are being bred just for the mere fact the breeders know they can make some serious money with these pets. They don't tend to take into consideration what damage they are doing to either breed of the cat. Cross breeding is not a good idea as it destroys the bloodline and DNA of pure bred cats, this also results in medical ailments which can in turn rack up some seriously high Vet bills.
This isn't stopping the elite and wealthy from going out and purchasing these felines to add to their own family tree. For those whom money is not an object, they rarely think about what conditions these animals initially came from. The problem is many of these pets are bred day in and day out and their bodies are not able to recover fully to regain proper strength and stamina. Many cats at these breeders are not receiving medical care and are not up to date on their shots, putting them and others at risk of getting very sick. Most breeders only care about putting money in their own pocket and not focusing on the care of the cats.
Because most of these animals are not registered, a question could be raised as to how the pets are being treated during the breeding and pregnancy stage. If a so called 'Back Room Breeder' is just in it for the buck, some of these animals may be in danger or at an increased risk for developing health problems, especially during their pregnancy and delivery stages.
The Hybrid cat scene has remained quite controversial due to the fact that they are selling for such a high price. Some breeders are trying to cash in on mixing pure bred felines with mix bred felines and selling the animal for much less than an exotic cat. What most owners don't know is the past health problems of the breed and also what problems could arise due to the breeding of two different types of felines.
With designer kittens that resemble small snow leopards or mini black jaguars, the look appeals to all ages and serves as distinct gifts that some people may chose to give to the debutante or super spoiled brat who already has it all. These cats are merely being bred and sold to show off.
Truly it is hard to believe that most of these designer kitties will be loved and cared for as much as a farm cat or stray from the local humane society. Not to mention there are thousands of felines out there at the moment who need homes and also need to be spayed and neutered with adequate medical attention.
None the less, as with designer dogs, designer cats are the newest up and coming trend in the lifestyles of the wannabe chic and fabulous. Before we know it Paris and Brit will be toting around a darling little tigress instead of their yappy little pooches. Hopefully they realize they will need to leave the cat fights at home, not for the paparazzi. Wait, that will never happen.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesAbout Catfish
Coming from Trinidad and South America are the Mail and Armored Catfish. These catfish are well respected even by larger fish. The catfish have partly covered bony plates.. (more)A Couple of Caution for Cat Owners
Cats are curious and some love to chew on things, especially what they are not supposed to be chewing on. For this reason it is very important to cat proof your house. Part of cat proofing involves keeping electrical cords out of reach of your cat because they will invariably end up chewing on them. (more)Related Articles
- Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy
- How To Keep Your Cat Healthy
- Cats and Their Toys
- Easing the Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- Cleaning After Your Cats
- How to Cure the Different Kinds of Cat Breath
- Getting A Bed For Your Cat
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- All about Feeding Your Cat
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- How to Keep Cats Out Of Your Gardens
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
- Keeping Your Cats Happy And Loving
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Ways to Domesticate Your Exotic Pet
- The Ocicat and His Food, What You Should Know
- The Many Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- Amazing Cats
- How To Introduce Your Cat
- Crate Training Your Cat
- Different Cats Have Different Training Tips
- Cats and Their Scratch Post
- Dealing with Cats and Their Claws
- Cat Beds - Cat Igloos Beds are the Perfect Cat Beds for Winter
- Dealing With Cats
- First Aid Kit for Your Four Legged Friends
- Devices You Can Use to Train Your Cat
- Having Cats and Dogs At Home
- Some Reasons to Get Health Insurance for Your Cat
- Learn How to Take Care of a Persian Cat
- What to Do if You Have a Persian Cat
- An Exotic Pet Cat
Over the last thousands of living, cats have cute much handled their breeding themselves. In the opening, they were used for one object - hunting and murder rodents. As the time progressed, we began to breed cats more to our penchant. (more)Let Us Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
Investing time and energy for your serenity of thinker and your pet's shelter is always a good thing. And choosing the right harness and leash for your cat is a smart first stage that will make wearing a leash a greet experience for your pet. (more)Not Just Walk Your Dog, Walk Your Cat
Aside from dogs, cats are the next best pets for the home. In detail, 34.7 million households in the United States own at slightest one cat. (more)Learn About The Cat Whisperer
A cat whisper is somewhat similar to a dog or horse whisperer, although cat whisperers relate quite well with cats. These types of people are unusually lucky and very successfully with cats. (more)Your Cats and Their Litter Box
The option of cat litters should primarily be based on how much this litter will imitate the environment just as how much such cats chosen litter. (more)
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- A Quick Guide to Choosing Cats
- Choosing a Savannah - Is One Right for You?
- Bring Your Cats Everywhere
- How to Give a Pill to Your Cat
- Cats Need Walking Also
- Information on Disciplining Your Cat
- Cats and How They Have Benefits to Your Kids
- Getting Health Insurance for Your Cat Might Be a Good Idea
- A Brilliant Gift for Cat Lovers
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
- Reading about Cat Training Books
- The Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Cats And Their Claws
- Which Is the Best Cat Food
- Factors to Consider when Traveling with Your Cat
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Do Not Let Your Cat Urinate Around the House