Pet and animal games online - play free pet games.
Exotic pets for sale - sell / buy exotic pets online.
The Different Kinds of Domestic Cat Breeds
Have you always wanted a cat, but heard some breeds make better pets than others? Maybe you have always wanted a cat, but do not know anything about them? There are plenty of ways to learn about cats and what breeds fit your personality. The choice can come from having an indoor, outdoor or indoor and outdoor cat. The tough and smart survive in the out of doors. Small cats are often pray for birds and other wildlife and should be kept indoors. Tomcats, a mixed breed, are great at surviving outdoors and mousers. So let us look at a few breeds of cats and then you will be able to choose which one may be right for your lifestyle.
Siamese: The Siamese cat can be a fickle creature. They often require a lot of attention when they determine it is necessary. They tend to meow quite a bit and can tear up a home if left alone for too long. These are the downsides. Siamese can be great pets, especially when raised from infancy. They are often white with brown ears and blue eyes. You may recognize them from Lady and the Tramp? Those two were a little mean and not the typical portrayal of a Siamese. Siamese are generally very affectionate. They are also one of the most intelligent of the cat species. They tend to be very social, which is why they meow or "talk" a lot. A sign for attention is usually a very vocal meow much like a babies cry. Siamese typically bond to one person very strongly and are territorial of that person.
Persian: The Persian cat breed is one of the oldest cats around. They are longhaired cats with beautiful shinny coats. They are very soft and friendly; however, they are prone to health problems such as allergies. The Persian does not always play as much as other breeds, but they do enjoy a bit of fun for exercise especially in a social situation. They love to have other cats around to play with as well as have a lap available when they are in need of a lap. Persians are a variety of colors from solid black, white or a mix of white and browns around the face. A popular Persian is the Himalayan.
Manx: The Manx is known for its stubby tail or having no tail. The downside to Manx cats is the lack of tail. Often a Manx can suffer from worms and other parasites due to improper cleaning and not having the protection of a tail. This does not mean you should discount the Manx as a breed. The Manx breed is extremely intelligent and playful. They are a lot like dogs in the play area because they can fetch when you through toys and bring them back to you. They are very social animals and depend on human care. They don't like to be left alone for too long, so it is wise to have other cats to play with when you are gone during the day. The best home for a Manx is one filled with children.
These are just three of the more popular breeds of cats. There are over a dozen cat breeds to choose from and finding the one to fit your lifestyle is important. Cats are very social and intelligent, but some breeds can be loners. Most often, a cat chooses when the time is right and what type of attention they want at the time. The phrase "you do not own a cat it owns you" is very true.About the Author
Article source: Article-Dashboard.com
More ArticlesCat Breeds Throughout the World - Top Cat Breeds
No substance what your superior of a cat breed is, make really that your cat is wholesome and that it has already been weaned. The archetype aged to get a kitten is about 14 weeks, when their immune systems are already urbanized. (more)Why the Cat Is a Cool Breeds
We all know that cats are loving and truly wonderful creatures. These days, it isn't out of the ordinary to see a cat in virtually every other home, sleeping in the window or cuddling up on the laps of their owners. (more)Related Articles
- Domesticate Exotic Pets
- What You Need To Know Before Breeding Your Cats
- Why Get Insurance for a Cat Pet?
- Cats and Their Scratch Post
- Information on Disciplining Your Cat
- Cats Need Walking Also
- How to Bathe Your Cats
- Cats Are Wonderful Pets
- Different Kinds of Toys Cat Will Play With
- Cats And Their Claws
- Finding a Name That Is Right for Your Cat
- Factors Affecting The Health Of Cats
- Choosing a Savannah - Is One Right for You?
- How To Stop Your Cat From Urinating Everywhere
- Things You Should Know About Cat Food
- A Couple Of Facts About Cats
- The Common Different Health Problems for Cat
- Learn About The Cat Whisperer
- How to Manage Catfish
- Different Kinds of Cat Whisperer
- How to Give a Pill to Your Cat
- Getting Protection For Your Home From Cats
- Find a Good Leash for Your Cat
- Exotic Pet Cat
- Amazing Cats
- A Little Introduction to Cats
- Get Health Insurance for Your Cat Before It Is Too Late
- Clearning Your Cat Litter Box
- How to Anticipate Getting a New Cat
- Care for Your Diabetic Cat
- Why Cats Make Such Good Pets
- Cat Training Tools
- Why Do Cats Use A Scratch Post
- The Different Kinds of Meaning for Cat Behaviors
In the beginning, they were used for one purpose - hunting and killing rodents. As the years progressed, we began to breed cats more to our liking. Now days, there are several different breeds of cats - which you can.. (more)About Breeding Cats - What You Need to Know about Breeding Cats
The first thing you should know is that breeding cats takes time. For the next two months after the litter is born, you'll need to clean the area on a daily basis. (more)Information about Cat Breeding
Over the last thousands of living, cats have cute much handled their breeding themselves. In the opening, they were used for one object - hunting and murder rodents. As the time progressed, we began to breed cats more to our penchant. (more)About Cat Breeds
These days there are over 70 distinct cat breeds, which are recognized through cat registries. There are several registries that will recognize around 40 breeds or so, as they exclude the more domestic breeds such as tigers. (more)About Breeding Cats
Cat breeding is not as relaxed as just leasing cats mate. Breeding is not just about choosing cats to create adorable kittens to earn money. To breed cats is not the same as to give them. (more)
- Need Health Insurance For Cat?
- Find the Right Breed of Hypoallergenic Dog
- First Aid Kit for Cats
- How to Take Care of Cats
- Your Cat and Her Food
- You Should Not De-Claw Your Cats
- Give Your Cat The Proper Care They Deserve
- The Different Kinds of Things to Know about Abused Cats
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy and Away From the Vet
- Crate Training Your Cat
- Preventing Your Cats from Eating Your Garden
- Transition of an Adopted Cat to a New Home
- How to Give Your Cat a Pill
- Cats Bad Breath - Cats Health Care
- Guide to Grooming Your Cat
- Different Kinds Of Heartworm Treatment For Cats
- Cat Allergy - Deal with Cat Allergies
- Learn about the Siamese Cat
- Dealing With Cats
- Where To Find Hypoallergenic Dog Breeders